Rahul Sharad Dravid

Gambit

12 runs off 90 - odd balls ! I cant remember when was the last time such a thing happened in cricket.
I remember Abdul Mazzak scoring 4 runs off 76 balls during Phakistan's 2005 tour of Australia. Dravid played some pretty dour innings during the 2001 series vs ENG at home. I remember once he took 40 balls to get off the mark. Still, this was a new low for him.
I am happy....Rahul did not threw his wicket.....He knows he has to stay for a session and he did..... Did anybody think India played for time ...not for runs....allow pitch to crumble and gave lots of rest for Bowlers. We will win comfortably tomorrow....
I agree nothing wrong with that knock. One for the team that! He knew he would get stick but did not care as he was doing it for team

Dsr....no comparision...this is possib;y the first time when I blame Dravid a bit for playing slow...and atleast he was trying his best (not very effectively though) it to prevent a complete collapse like we have seen many times instead of working for milestones.It's probably fans like we see here that he has become a negative captain .One mistake and the whole country is ready with stones......This is just for one bad day...why should he take unnecessary risks when he knows what will happen if it doesn't work out .The fact is the fans don't deserve a captain who takes risks because the fans are not sporting enough to accept risks.

You say we dont deserve a captain who takes risks. I DONT WANT A CAPTAIN WHO TAKES RISKS. We have the series in the bag and some want it to be thrown away. Well batted skip' date=' lets take the patudi trophy back home to india:D[/quote'] i agree. :dance: those obsessing with australia, pls wait for this series to be over, enjoy a rare overseas series win, wait for the teams to be announced and then start worrying about that one. this is the same dravid who went for the kill everytime (only to be fukked by rain and umps) in WI and got us a series win despite the rain and the umps for the first time there in 35 years and now another series win in england. given that all we managed under his "so called aggressive" predecessor are some rare series draws, i say rahul dravid zindabad. :yay:
i agree. :dance: those obsessing with australia, pls wait for this series to be over, enjoy a rare overseas series win, wait for the teams to be announced and then start worrying about that one. this is the same dravid who went for the kill everytime (only to be fukked by rain and umps) in WI and got us a series win despite the rain and the umps for the first time there in 35 years and now another series win in england. given that all we managed under his "so called aggressive" predecessor are some rare series draws, i say rahul dravid zindabad. :yay:
I second that!:yay::yay::yay:

We came in to Eng, expecting to lose 0-4 in 3-test series, looking at the way Eng toyed with Pak in 2006. Now, having won the series 1-0, people are talking as though we believed that we could 2-0 before the series. Dravid tried to ensure that 1-0 is kept safe, while trying to get to 2-0. WTF is wrong with that?

We came in to Eng' date=' expecting to lose 0-4 in 3-test series, looking at the way Eng toyed with Pak in 2006. Now, having won the series 1-0, people are talking as though we believed that we could 2-0 before the series. Dravid tried to ensure that 1-0 is kept safe, while trying to get to 2-0. WTF is wrong with that?[/quote'] No one is going to give Dravid stick for winning the series. What he does deserve stick for however, is p*ssing away a Test match when India had a 319 run lead. Tell me, how many times have you watched a team throw away the chance to win a Test match after scoring 664 and taking a 319 run lead ? It's bad captaincy.
No one is going to give Dravid stick for winning the series. What he does deserve stick for however, is p*ssing away a Test match when India had a 319 run lead. Tell me, how many times have you watched a team throw away the chance to win a Test match after scoring 664 and taking a 319 run lead ? It's bad captaincy.
Totally agree! Threw away a test match for no logical reason - match fixing?!!
threw away a test match to guarantee a series win.
ok yoda so you are saying he saved series win.. tell me how?? didnt we still have 4 wickets left?? is 12 off 92 balls was the best strategy?? was 500 runs in 110 overs the best possible target to give them??

ideally, if we were down 0-1 or 0-0, we would have enforced the follow-on and gone for the win. we of course didn't want to do it here, cause if eng score 450 in the 2nd innings over a day and a half we would have to play out 1/2 a day or score about 100 runs to save the series win. yes, we could have accelerated and scored faster and declared earlier to give ouselves a better chance of a test win, but once you lose 3 quick 2nd innings wickets, the series suddenly becomes vulnerable again.