Indian batting - Pataudi trophy

Bumper

Indian Batting Dhoni 209 runs @ 52.25 Laxman 205 @ 51.25 Ganguly 249 @ 49.80 KKD 263 @ 43.83 Sachin 228 @ 38.00 Kumble 162 @ 54.00 Dravid 126 @ 25.00 Jaffer 183 @ 30.83 My comments KKD was the best Indian batsman of the series. He clearly surpassed everyone's expectations & outperformed his senior partner Jaffer. Jaffer inspite of his low average, did his job, providing India steady starts consistently. Dravid had an absolute shocker of a series. This coming on the back of another mediocre series against SA is really worrying signs for India. He is one batsman India abolsutely cannot afford to be out of form. His poor showing was masked by an overall good team effort. Against better opponents India cannot get away with Dravid's poor form. Sachin hit par. Didnt expect more than 40 point average from him. However he did the job twice in the first innings, playing a good support role in setting us up for a big total. Ganguly really deserves a salute from all of us, for the way he has made his come back. Second consecutive good series from dada. He was our best middle order batsman of the series. Laxman was neither spectacular nor mediocre. He has done enuff to keep playing ahead of Yuvraj. Dravid may have to give up his no. 3 slot to Laxy soon, if he keeps pooping the way he does. Dhoni may not deserve superlatives for his style of batting, but definitely deserves it for his output. He saved one game almost singlehandedly and set another one up. He more than fulfilled his responsibilities and strengthened my hope further that he will soon go on to become India's future captain in both forms of the game.

still i am not worried about Dravid.. he will be back.. hez fine.. he is getting starts just not able to convert them to big innings.. he will be back.. gr8 to see Karthik.. happy for him.. guy has sealed his position now as an Indian test opener Dhoni is very much needed.. his batting style might look bit alien to test cricket, but afterall what matter is the end result.. and that is what is coming good from dhoniz bat.. all sachin, gang and laxman played fantasticly on this tour.. hats of to this Indian team.. hope they can get another win tomorrow to increase the win tally..

Dravid is finished, Bumps. When a player such as him loses his mental toughness, he is toast. I see Sachin doing better than him for the rest of their career. Ganguly was a joy to behold. He seemed to thrive under pressure, and quite clearly enjoyed his batting far more than his illustrious teammates. He has proven most of us wrong. Hats off to him.

Dravid is finished, Bumps. When a player such as him loses his mental toughness, he is toast. I see Sachin doing better than him for the rest of their career. Ganguly was a joy to behold. He seemed to thrive under pressure, and quite clearly enjoyed his batting far more than his illustrious teammates. He has proven most of us wrong. Hats off to him.
You are being a tad unfair on Dravid, Dhondy. He is captaining without a coach for the first time, he has too many things on his mind. I would give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He is just a good knock or two away. I expect him to be back.

KKD really played superbly in this series..and deservingly is the highest scorer from indian side... i will reserve my opinion on The Rahul Dravid..till we play pakistan... i seriously hope that he will work upon his thoughts..and concentration.... we need him against Pak and Australia...and he has a lot of time to think about his game ... Sachin is a worry ...if he is going to be a accumulator only then we need VVS at 3..as we can not afford RD and Sachin at 3 and 4..they will kill the momentum....unless...Dravid regains his form and his touch.. Ganguly has surprised me....i wanted him to fail in this series..but now he has won my trust..and i will support him as a player now onwards..( NOT AS EX-CAPTAIN) our middle order is a worry..

Ganguly, without a shadow of a doubt - was India's best batsman. He ended up with fewer runs than he should have; remember how he was robbed at Trent Bridge and then in the first innings of this test ? On both occasions, he was going strong and never looked like getting out.

Ganguly has surprised me....i wanted him to fail in this series..
What a pathetic comment. Reading sh*t like this makes me sick. You are no Indian fan.

If I were to pick the best, I guess I'll have to go with Ganguly though it was a very consistent batting performance throughout the line up with everyone contributing : 1. Best batsman - Ganguly 2. Most improved batsman - Karthik 3. Crunch performer - Dhoni 4. Navigator - Tendulkar 5. Crucial cameos - Laxman 6. Lower order star - Kumble

in some ways refreshing to see that we will win a series without 1 or 2 guys scoring a mountain of runs. However, i think there needs to be some thought put to the pacing of our innings ... Dravid and Tendu at 3 and 4 really saps the pace. I wouldnt mind seeing Lax at 4 and Tendu at 5. Nobody should be a holy cow ... especially going to Oz we have to keep the pace going ... playing balls out is not a solution over there.

Ganguly was the best batsman on display closely followed by KKD and Dhoni. Jaffer, Tendulkar and Laxman did justice their roles. Rahul is now struggling to get past 50s let alone a match winning hundred. I think there is a good lesson for him here, nothing can be taken for granted just because you have thousands of runs behind you. Rahul has looked completely out of sorts on this tour and I hope he does something to fix this than just look at all the runs he has scored in the past and feel satisfied.

Ganguly and KKD were the best. Both played with positivity that other batsmen seemed to forget at times. Dhoni was stellar in two innings but comes third overall. Sachin, well he was overtly cautious and overall cr@ppy. Dravid's form alarms me greatly. VVS showed that he is still a decent bat and if push comes to shove he needs to be in the team ahead of SRT. a good time to give some newcomer a chance.