This Is A Match That Should Have Been Won By India !!!

And handsomely !!! Why did not India enforce the follow-on at the beginning of Day 4, with fresh bowlers ?? Why did Dravid bat again ??? Was it the 2001 Calcutta syndrome ??? I can tell yuh that the only people smiling when Dravid said "We will bat again", was Vaughan, Pietersen & Co !! What a cop-out by India !!! This is what makes a great team - the ability to be decisive and ruthless !! Sadly, India have now shown that they are a team that will not take risks.........even in games where they are SO FAR AHEAD !!! This approach means that they will inevitably lose CLOSE GAMES........as exemplified by The Capetown Fiasco, where the very same self-defeating attitude was employed. Indian fans should be extremely disappointed by this soft Indian approach !!

Predator..........I have not read any of the other posts..........but I hope you guys have roasted the firm of Dravid & Shastri for that silly decision. And let's hope the Indian commentators do the same. To let an overseas test match win..........against England...slip out of your grasp.....Criminal !! I wonder if we can try those 2 along-side Sanjay Dutt !

At least Dravid can now learn from this experience and approach matches differently in the future. As a captain, he still isn't the finished article so we can cut him some slack. I'd rather see India pull a stunt like this in England when they are 0-1 up rather than in Australia, who would react quite differently...

Predator............if it was the Aussies' date=' India woulda been bowled out for 120 and the Aussies woulda end up with 420 for 6............giving India the scare of their lives !![/quote'] Yeah, i agree. This match comes to mind ---> http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausveng/engine/match/249223.html Hopefully we'll see more ATTACKING cricket from Dravid in the future. People may not remember, but when Dravid started out (substituting for Ganguly in '04) he was a very attacking captain. Remember how he got India to knock Australia over for 93 ? Brought on Karthik ahead of Kumble, men all around the bat...marvellous captaincy. For some reason, ever since he got the job full-time, he has become more conservative. :confused_smile:
Pepsi................watch and see how the English Press turn this around. - India 9 wickets down in the first test..............England comes back strongly at the end. That will be the theme.
^^^ and the teams being evenly matched crap! Rain spoiling what would have been deservingly a 1-1 test series!!! :angry_smile:
At least Dravid can now learn from this experience and approach matches differently in the future. As a captain' date=' he still isn't the finished article so we can cut him some slack. I'd rather see India pull a stunt like this in England when they are 0-1 up rather than in Australia, who would react quite differently...[/quote'] RD was, is and will remain the blockheaded idiot, forever fated to look over his shoulders to see if SRT or SG is stealing a march over him. Which is why even when he seems to be aggressive, it's a fools aggression. Basically, he is a wussie with no balls.