• Only 1 match
    • Less Than 1 month
    • 1-6 months
    • 6-12 months
    • 12-18 months
    • 18-24 months
    • Till next world cup
    • World Champions dont need ranking to prove themselves
    • I dont give a **** about rankings. I would rather choose Ravinder Jadeja over rankings.
    • India can't be number one in ODI's

he'll disappear after the series
We have nothing to prove against Loins. We have won the last 2 odi series in SL, have beaten them in the WC final and have got the better of them in series/tourneys away from sub-continent. In India Loins have yet to win a maiden odi series or even a Test so that tells you which side needs to prove they are good enough.
That's the point I was trying to make. India was at par' date=' if not poor than SL, at odi cricket in 70s. In fact India didn't win a WC match till the 3rd edition in 83 and went winless in 75 & 79. So to say that SL had to overcome the "disadvantage" of the head-start India had is disingenious to say the least. In the shorter format India didn't have any head-start or advantage over any country.[/quote'] you managed some wins outside those WCs though. not my problem that you people choked in major tourneys back then. major teams like SA do that comprehensively even now.
you don't bring up 2007 WC' date=' you just don't :hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] I will give that to you. What about T20 WC 2009 and 2011 ODI WC finals? It looks like SL has made a habit of making a hash out of finals. If I were a SL supporter, I would be real worried to have a first series win (that too at home which is your fortress) since 2008 was it? As an Indian supported 8-0 in abroad Test matches is worrying but at least we have so many things to celebrate about. To top of all that, you need to call an ex-captain, worry about finances etc. SL cricket is probably at the worst stages I have ever seen in my adult life. Sangakkara's outburst on the Spirit of Cricket lecture is a testimony to it. Contrast that to Dravid's Bradman oration.
you managed some wins outside those WCs though. not my problem that you people choked in major tourneys back then. major teams like SA do that comprehensively even now.
you don't bring up 2007 WC' date=' you just don't :hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] so what u r saying is SL choked in all major tourneys till 1992, n y not bring up WC 2007 ??? coz brings up memories of another great choke by sanga, mahela, dilshan n co ...... :yay: :finger:
Let us talk about your recent Asia Cup performance :hatsoff:
according to one of his brothers "square drive" (or sister or whatever it is :cantstop:) SL are the new asian champions...... have a look at this here
Ah' date=' they were the clear favorites at the start of the tour though, for both ODI and test series. But in the end have to go back leaving their hard earned Asian champions crown.. :(( ..was so happy beating Bangbros in the final. :hysterical:[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: and he went missing after this..... and hasnt been seen since then... :--D
I will give that to you. What about T20 WC 2009 and 2011 ODI WC finals? It looks like SL has made a habit of making a hash out of finals. If I were a SL supporter, I would be real worried to have a first series win (that too at home which is your fortress) since 2008 was it? As an Indian supported 8-0 in abroad Test matches is worrying but at least we have so many things to celebrate about. To top of all that, you need to call an ex-captain, worry about finances etc. SL cricket is probably at the worst stages I have ever seen in my adult life. Sangakkara's outburst on the Spirit of Cricket lecture is a testimony to it. Contrast that to Dravid's Bradman oration.
agree that it's disappointing our team couldn't go over the last hurdle in many occasions recently, but we were consistent enough to reach finals so that's a plus. SL cricket admin is in deep shite now, all to do with an incompetent govt ruining everything in the country with favoritism. we've given up hope actually. even the selection panel is performing some superb comedy sessions.
are you indian? were you alive back in 2007? when were you born?
hahaha..... oh boy some really bad memories of the choke by sanga, mahela n co...... threw u totally off balance..... :hysterical::hysterical: btw, abt ur questions, yes i'm an indian, n was alive n kicking in 2007..... so we got out of WC 2007.. big deal ?? ur performance in WC 1999, 2003 was equally bad if not worse.... at least we manged to regroup n win the next WC, with a memorable win in Mumbai..... though i cant quite recollect opponent.... let me think..... oh yeah got it
let's talk about how india fecked up a straightforward chance to win another asia cup just because some selfish guy wanted a ton.
Why do you drift away from the subject? When asked about your performance in Asia Cup, you come up with something else. Atleast we din't get pwned by all 3 teams. Talking about '07 WC...did you guys win the cup being in the finals? You got hammered by Australia! Neither did you win the 2011 finals..where we clobbered you.
let's talk about how india fecked up a straightforward chance to win another asia cup just because some selfish guy wanted a ton.
the selfish guy still has a WC to show.... how many WCs have your so called greats (nanga, mahela, dilshan, mathews etc) won..... talking abt centuries, didnt matthews' slow down while approaching a test century, i guess it was against australia..... so go preach this to ur jokers, rather than telling us...... :finger::finger: