whe are we going to win NZ in NZ

i don't remember if we won any series in NZ ever in our cricketing history..or in last 2-3 decades... NZ is a hostile place for our indian batsmen...and a win there will be sweet... though can't say..if Ravi will be happy on not... why do we not play NZ so frequently..? last time we played against them in NZ was in 2002...

I think we are allowed to lose after every 24 years or so. The thing that hurts me is those 9 consecutive defeats to AUS and the 88 and 00 series in the Windies.:angry_smile:
MP: I have been told that Mr Doctrove is the 'NEUTRAL' umpire for the Ind-Pak Series (wink wink smiley)

Firstly Indians don't want to be playing NZ :regular_smile: I suppose the low profile of NZ and the pitches are a deterrent for Indian cricket team. It's not so cold to be honest during our summers. Only Wellington can be pretty daunting with the wind factor coming into play otherwise the weather isn't such a problem for India. I guess India doesn't appreciate the wickets here as they do plenty and in particular when India visits NZ. Last time around after the players had almost left for the day water was seeped through under the covers in Hamilton. Wright, Rahul and couple others weren't too impressed with it. Also the money that is involved or the following is not so much when India plays NZ. Perhaps the brand of cricket NZ plays may not be too exciting for India. I hope they tour this part of the world sooner than later. With some decent fast bowling reserves India has they can make good use of the pitches here and win for a change.

One name, MP. Shane Bond. Pakistan have had the good fortune of never having had to play against this devastating bowler. At his peak, he could destroy sides single-handedly.
oh come on Dhondy, Shane Bond was 10 years old when NZ defeated PAK last time(home or away). Secondly going by your logic can it be said that the reason why PAK lost in SA and ENG was because Shoaib AKhtar wasn't playing.
We had a golden opportunity in 1998-99 when we had them 74/5 chasing 225 but as usual' date=' Chris Lance Cairns ruined our party. BTW it's not just us, many teams including Aussies struggle in the NZ gardens.[/quote'] If they would have had Srinath for the tests, India would have won in 2002. Remember how devastating he was in the ODIs ? Unstoppable.