Rs 1 cr bonanza for team

Rs 1 cr bonanza for team

New Delhi, August 13 The Indian cricket team had more reasons to celebrate their historic series win against England as the Board (BCCI) announced a cash bonanza of Rs. 1 crore here today. "I would like to congratulate the Indian contingent for their excellent team work and performance against England in the Test series. I am sure every Indian will feel proud of our players who have won a series in England after a gap of 21 years," BCCI President Sharad Pawar said in a statement. "As President of the Board I am happy to announce a prize money of Rs. 1 crore to the 16 players, the Cricket Manager and the two coaches. A separate amount would be provided to other cricketing staff." India won the three-Test series against England 1-0. They won the second match at Trent Bridge and drew the first and the last at Lord's and The Oval respectively. Their previous series win in England, a 2-0 success, came in 1986. — PTI

Retire with about $20000 in the kitty? Wont they starve after a year?
thts like a lottery for phoolan devi.... anyways, toiled hard on flat pitches in india for a few seasons, not lets call it even-stevens and please decline a selection offer by the retarded Vengsarkar....

Actually I was thinking today that £2000 for man of the match was peanuts. I make that with 2-3 days of project work. For someone who toiled 5 days and plays international cricket the man of the match £££ should be lot more. How much is match fees for Indian and English players? What about yearly contract pay?

Actually I was thinking today that £2000 for man of the match was peanuts. I make that with 2-3 days of project work. For someone who toiled 5 days and plays international cricket the man of the match £££ should be lot more. How much is match fees for Indian and English players? What about yearly contract pay?
tu bada aadmi hai yaar... yeh bechara cricketer hai... kahan tu kahan yeh :hysterical:
bloody seriouzly they should think something about we ppl to' date=' we overseas living Indians spoil our sleep to watch and support this team.. we should be given some amount too.. [b']specially to me.. ek hazar ki patti..
:haha: Mail the BCCI C'tics.

Chandu Borde was overwhelmed with the bonanza and said: "Many thanks to BBC chief, Lala Amarnath for announcing this award. It has been a very successful tour of NZ and I would like to thank Indian captain Rawal Dev for his leadership and man of the series Jahangir Khan for his wicket keeping."