Microsoft v/s Apple

EnterTheVoid

In computers' date=' there still is only one winner. For a much cheaper cost, you can get a [b']Microsoft based PC with better performance than MACS.
WTF- thats like saying pakistan is a better batting team than India

You have never used a MacBook Pro before' date=' have you?[/quote'] I've owned a mbp an air and a macbook in the last six years and have used them for longer. There's also an old iBook lying around somewhere. :haha:

^ @sree However I find your comment weird. Did you think my post was dissing macs?? lol
No, not at all. At first, I didn´t like Mac´s as well, thought them to be too expensive. The only Mac I considered getting when I was a full time Windows user was a MacBook air since it was so light. Its time to move away from Microsoft - The user experience on the MacBook Pro is amazing - Love the motion gestures, the incredibly bright screen and the compactness of the whole thing. Yea, MacBook Pro´s are expensive but I think they are worth it if you can afford them.

absolutely. I was a big time pc user and deeply rooted in the whole ecosystem because of years of working with them. But my first mac transformed everything about my personal computing experience. My expectations were dramatically altered. Today I won't be able to adjust to a computer which crashes. Not once a day, once a week, once a month or once a year. Crashing is not an option. That's how macs spoil you.

absolutely. I was a big time pc user and deeply rooted in the whole ecosystem because of years of working with them. But my first mac transformed everything about my personal computing experience. My expectations were dramatically altered. Today I won't be able to adjust to a computer which crashes. Not once a day' date=' once a week, once a month or once a year. Crashing is not an option. That's how macs spoil you.[/quote'] I find the price argument also *******tic. 1 Apple laptop with great experience for 4-5 years versus 2 MS laptop for 6 years. My calculation makes Apple cheaper tbh.

Mac doesnt beat Linux both in terms of stability or security. My Ubuntu has never crashed on me- ever and there has not been a single virus attack despite having no AV software. Serious vulnerabilities are patched within hours by the Linux community. Windows however is indispensable when it comes to work and gaming. Longevity isnt exclusive to Mac. My PC has been running for the last 5 years without any hitch whatsoever. The only time that I had to get something replaced was the optical drive.

^ Yeah. it does pay for itself over time. But even if it didn't I don't see why it is considered to be virtuous to be utilitarian in your choice of computing products? We pay more for fine cotton bed sheets, more for a Sony Bravia over a Philips TV, more for a quality suit with quality tailoring and it is obvious as day when we do.

Mac doesnt beat Linux both in terms of stability or security. My Ubuntu has never crashed on me- ever and there has not been a single virus attack despite having no AV software. Serious vulnerabilities are patched within hours by the Linux community. Windows however is indispensable when it comes to work and gaming. Longevity isnt exclusive to Mac. My PC has been running for the last 5 years without any hitch whatsoever. The only time that I had to get something replaced was the optical drive.
The difference is that this is not the typical experience for a PC user. In fact, your system is more of an anomaly.
Windows however is indispensable when it comes to work and gaming.
My work doesn't require me to stay trapped in ms world and I game on game consoles. :yay:

Windows don´t crash as often as people think; On my other laptop, I only had to install windows twice, when I went from Windows XP to Windows Vista and from Windows Vista to Windows 7. As for the price, $3, 000 for a Mac is not cheap, considering how often Apple bring out new versions making older versions redundant. Even if you buy the most high end Mac, you will be lucky to recover half that amount if you sold it second hand later on. To be fair to Microsoft, I still use their O/S, it´s really not as bad as people think it is.

The difference is that this is not the typical experience for a PC user. In fact' date=' your system is more of an anomaly. [/quote'] Not really. Most laptops/desktop are good enough for 4-5 years without a problem. The PC which I bought in 2000 with Windows 98 installed ran without any problems till 2010, except for a burnt power supply because of an electrical issue. I installed, Me, Mandrake (now Mandriva) , XP and it worked quite well for a 256 RAM, P3
My work doesn't require me to stay trapped in ms world and I game on game consoles. :yay:
I game on consoles too but console games are way too costly for the average gamer. It is cheaper for him to buy original PC games, or even pirate them.

Windows donŽ´t crash as often as people think; On my other laptop, I only had to install windows twice, when I went from Windows XP to Windows Vista and from Windows Vista to Windows 7. s.
This. Unfortunately its an image which Microsoft has cultivated over the years because of releasing shyte products like Windows Me and Vista which had a host of problems. The more popular versions lke XP and Windows 7 have rarely crashed on me. Its not that they never crash, but much less than people make them out to be.

Windows donŽ´t crash as often as people think; On my other laptop, I only had to install windows twice, when I went from Windows XP to Windows Vista and from Windows Vista to Windows 7. As for the price, $3, 000 for a Mac is not cheap, considering how often Apple bring out new versions making older versions redundant. Even if you buy the most high end Mac, you will be lucky to recover half that amount if you sold it second hand later on. To be fair to Microsoft, I still use their O/S, itŽ´s really not as bad as people think it is.
That statement says it all. Any defense of Windows with regard to crashing can only be positioned against the most extreme of viewpoints.