Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow...

Sooda

Overall- Well done, good bowling as a unit. Zak was very good indeed. The ball to Amla was inspired Sree was good if maybe not as good as he was in the 1st test- again a beaut to get Boucher. Kumble- well...hes the man- those 2 wkts at then end really changed the game...Hall is no mug VRV singh I was impressed with, he does bowl a few too many loose deliveires maybe but certainly better than the last match, finally getting to see him bowl at 140's consistently. Why wasnt Munaf playing though? The commentators were talking about how bowling ganguly was a bit of a boo boo from RD. Allowed Gibbs to really get going. Shouldve bowled Kumble then. Fielding was a mixed bag really... We need to bowl em out for <280ish...Then bat LONG...Sehwag needs to fire

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow... the pitch is not bouncy..and there is not much seam movement... i think sehwag must fire ..if he cans see off initial burst of pollock... this is the pitch most suitable for him...to play his natural game without much risk.... india must get the remaining 2 wickets quickly... and should use heavy roller...to make the pitch more flat..making it more suitable for batting... all in all...it was india's day... now the series depends on how we see off new ball and how our fames batting perform....my inclination says..we will score big in first innigs...

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow... Good effort. Kumble's late double swayed the balance. I thought we bowled pretty well all day in stifling heat. No complaints apart from Ganguly being given the ball at such a crucial time. Law of averages say that SA wont bowl as badly as they did at the Wanderers, so it'll be a dogfight. Our batting's still as solid as a drunk paraplegic in the snow. I'll be more than happy with 300.

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow... All in all a good day for India. They are fighting hard. We could have had them all out today if the umpire had gave Boucher out earlier. Two unlucky decisions. On the other hand, we might have lost a couple of wickets tonight. India should be looking to get them out for no more than 280. I think Sehwag has to fire in this game. I don't know why Jaffer is playing. Can't bat, bowl or field. Definetely should have picked Gambhir. Or even Pathan. He is a better batsmen and can bowl. Is Tendulkar gonna be able to bat? That is a big blow. Should be looking to atleast pass South Africa's score but it aint gonna be easy.

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow... Morkel is a decent batsman at FC level - a batting average of 17.8 is good for a #10. Job well done though, 257/8 at the end of day's play is a position the team would have gladly accepted before the toss. If Munaf would have been playing instead of VRV, i'd reckon they wouldn't have got past 230.

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow... Assuming that the Saffies will be All out by the first 30-45 mins of the Game....Indians should have a fair amount of advantage as the Pitch will be fresh and Veeru must really Blast and show that he's Capable .... Not sure about Sachin though....Milk Man Dhoni should Fire like hell and Make the Saffies sweat still more! RD shoud play his usual steady innings and also VVS. Jaffer --> :huh: Nothing much to say! Gambhir wud hav been a better option though... Lets hope the Best from Jaff .... One Six from Sree off Nel is a must :lol::lol::lol: Overall I should see the Scoreboard 350+ .... A 400+ will be excellent!! The Opening Pair really need to Push up the Scoreboard ... LET'S HOPE FOR THE BEST :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow...

I totally agree that Munaf is leagues ahead of VRV' date=' but with umpires being such morons I dont know how much of a difference it would have made.[/quote'] Forget wickets - at the very least; he could have closed up one end, dried up the runs, thereby allowing Zaheer/Sree/Kumble to go all out at the other end and exploit the pressure. Bowlers don't take wickets singlehandedly, especially in Test cricket. VRV bowled some good stuff but still went for more than he should have.