Kerala Express Watch Thread

This thread is for all Sreesanth fans who believe in his talent and passion for team India. We will monitor and post on all his games to assess his progress and hopefully celebrate his return for the Aus tour. Let us not forget, if you exclude Ishant's minnow bashing bowling stats in WI, Sreesanth and Ishant have similar bowling averages. Ranji Trophy Plate League - Group A Vidarbha v Kerala He struggled in this match and returned figures of 1-119. Poor economy too. I suspect he has yet to adapt as he doesn't play much Ranji and mainly plays international matches. Things will improve. Couple of his recent twitter quotes: In nagpur ..the city whr I made I debut for india in tests n one-day cricket..very lucky n superb city ..iam here for my ranji- trophy match Sweet gesture by a genuine fan.. Thanks a lot Hope to see the return of the world cup winner (unlike Praveen, Ishant :giggle:) as soon as possible! Santhakumaran+Sreesanth+2011+ICC+World+Cup+r_fD1fqmy6bl.jpg

:hysterical: with umesh and varon coming into team and ishant rediscovering his pace his career is over. zak and pk are above in the pecking order too.
Umesh and Varun-Unproven but lots of potential PK-Remains to be seen if he can bowl outside overcast conditions, even had an ordinary ODI series. ZK-Ageing and not many years left Ishant- CRAP. Non threatening. Rediscover pace, what the odd ball at 86mph :hysterical: How about taking wickets? You know, the bit that helps you win matches. Ishant has been consistently unthreatening yet accurate. This is mediocre stuff. Sree on his day can cause a toofan, only bowler in our team who can swing/seam the ball at pace and make good batsmen struggle. He should be in the ODI team too. Any Indians who watch his matches on your channels please update this thread with his progress.
Umesh and Varun-Unproven but lots of potential PK-Remains to be seen if he can bowl outside overcast conditions, even had an ordinary ODI series. ZK-Ageing and not many years left Ishant- CRAP. Non threatening. Rediscover pace, what the odd ball at 86mph :hysterical: How about taking wickets? You know, the bit that helps you win matches. Ishant has been consistently unthreatening yet accurate. This is mediocre stuff. Sree on his day can cause a toofan, only bowler in our team who can swing/seam the ball at pace and make good batsmen struggle. He should be in the ODI team too. Any Indians who watch his matches on your channels please update this thread with his progress.
You saw the match today? He was bowling 140+ and there's no way I am saying he's world class yet. You are saying that Aaron and Yadav have potential, Ishant's the same age and has already 100+ wickets. He'll only get better from here on. As for Sree, he has tailunt but what use is it when it comes to the fore only when we tour South Africa. Even Munna and Nehra put in the odd match winning performance from time to time.
You saw the match today? He was bowling 140+ and there's no way I am saying he's world class yet. You are saying that Aaron and Yadav have potential, Ishant's the same age and has already 100+ wickets. He'll only get better from here on. As for Sree, he has tailunt but what use is it when it comes to the fore only when we tour South Africa. Even Munna and Nehra put in the odd match winning performance from time to time.
I did see the match today. Oh that old argument, Ishant has 100 odd wickets at aged 23. It's like saying but Harbhajan has 400 wickets. You look at a players contribution and value, that is more important. Ishant has 100 odd wickets because he has been bowling non stop for our test team since aged 18. A better bowler would have had more wickets by now. Ishant has only shown glimpses of promise. He should be sent back to domestic to get a bagful of wickets and stake a claim. Sree has had a raw deal. Ishant gets all these chances for what???

At this rate he is bowling it wont be long before he is dropped from Kerala team. Maybe then this thread can be renamed Kothamangalam express Seriously I dont have an issue if he chosen as a back up seamer in tests once he gets wkts in Ranji trophy.But he nowhere be near the ODI set up.He nearly cost us in the world cup final FFS.

He is talented, perhaps the most talented out there. But he needs a tough coach.. someone who can slap him around (well not literally but u know what I mean) every now and then so that he stays on the line always. Maybe a tough stint in county cricket next season can do him a world of good.
I think county cricket would really help him a lot. If he can bowl on those more friendly pitches it will help his confidence a lot.

How Ishant, PK, UY being average or inexperienced make Sree better. There is hardly any pace bowler in the history of the game who played many test after such an awful performance in 25-26 test. Sree is like Afridi's batting which can create havoc on his day, but remains pathetic most of the time. Similarities between Afridi's batting and Sree's bowling Poor average Few exceptional performances which no one else in team can do Crap most of the time No improvement after many years Good start of career Aggressive style which regulary fails.