Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf

talksport

Munaf is not fit for the Test and cannot last 5 days. And that is the only reason why VRV is playing. How many Tests we have lost before for playing unfit bowlers who couldnt last a Test Match ala Zaheer, Harbhajan.... Bowling 8 overs against a Grade B side and Bowling 18-20 Overs a day against Test Match side in Durban heat is no comparison... Well done Team Management .... a half fit Munaf would have broken down today

Re: Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf

the Indian team management decided not to take a risk on the morning of the game. "He wasn't considered because we weren't 100 percent certain that he'd last the course of a Test match," said Dravid. "He bowled eight overs in that match [against a Kwazulu-Natal Invitation XI] the other day, and was bowling about six or seven overs in practice, but it's totally different intensity. He was probably two or three days away from what would be ideal for a Test match. "It's too risky with young fast bowlers when they're not fully fit. We're playing just four bowlers, so it was a chance we could not take. Not only for us, but for him as well, his career and his development as a player. It would have been unfair for us to push him at this stage."

Re: Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf I see your point, PK. I was extremely p1ssed off to start with, but calmed down after the pre-tea spell of VRV Singh. He bowled some great deliveries there, showed a lot of fire, and was distinctly unlucky not to pick up both Prince & Boucher. True, it would have been a catastrophe had Munaf broken down, so looking back, erring on the side of caution was not such a bad move after all.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf He needs some direction will coem good is built like a bull moreover let us face it days of KApil is behind where he didn;t miss a single test in close to deacde of cricket, these new blokes do get injured more often and it's nice to have a back-up

Re: Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf didnt see game today but whatever little i saw of VRV during the first test wasnt bad. Yes he isnt getting wickets but he is bowling much better now. plus someone said he was bowling around 140 which is a nice pace. given time VRV will turn out to a good bowler and as everyone already said VRV is better than half fit munaf

Re: Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf the few overs I saw of him, he didn't trouble the batsmen much. few beatens and few close to the stumps. otherwise he was easily played. he needs to add more variety to his bowling to pick up wickets. another example of pace meaning nothing without movement.

Re: Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf Bowled OK but not something that will make you sit up and notice. There were few good ones and if he can't even produce those then his selection must be questioned. He should have had couple of wickets atleast but was quite unlucky. Seems to get more bounce than anyone else in the team but he still has to work a lot to become one of the preferred pacer in the country.

Re: Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf If I am a skipper and I see lion hearted effort from my bowler..I would be delighted.. VRV in daunting heat and humidity bowled an excellent spell of fast bowling...he was hurrying quality batsman like Boucher...He hit him in rib cage...should have got him LBW..not given..should have got Prince, dropped by Sachin.. All and all, I salute his lion heart effort....inspite of unfavorable umpiring he did not let down his intensity..

Re: Why is many getting worked up over VRV / Munaf so if someone doesnt take a 5'fer, he is dropped? what abt the catch in the slips, tht sachin dropped... wat about the plumb lbw, which hawkeye showed hitting middle of leg/middle which was denied... tht would have made it 3 wkts....