Guwahati mob molests girl, video goes viral online

Tiger80

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Guwahati/Guwahati-mob-molests-girl-video-goes-viral-online/Article1-887833.aspx A video of a mob molesting a girl on GS Road in Guwahati went viral on youtube, forcing state police to act and arrest those part of the mob. The victim was molested when she was returning home after a party at a city bar. The amateur video shows the mob, consisting of around 20 men, beating the girl before stripping her. Guwahati police on Wednesday arrested four youth charging them with trying to outraging modesty of a girl. The incident was condemned by many social organisations. The mob continued molesting the girl for around half an hour before a police team rescued the girl and handed her over to her family. Police reacted only on Wednesday after wide spread criticism on the shocking incident. "We have arrested four youths till now. We have information about some others involved in the incident on GS road on Monday night. Some of them are absconding," said city SSP, AP Barua. Based on video footage, Amtron, the state government's IT agency sacked one of its employee (Amarjyoti Kalita) after his involvement in the case. Amtron filed an FIR against Kalita, who was involved in molesting the girl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XqqY1LVd2aw

The news people who shot the incident rather than protect the girl have come under serious criticism. The editor-in-chief of NewsLive has posted interesting tweets.

But I'm backing my team since the mob would have attacked them, prevented them from shooting, that would have only destroyed all evidence
My reporters informed the police, who saved the girl before it was too 'late'
My justification is all very simple. In case of a bomb blast, my reporters would have shot the visuals rather than donate blood.
Many people r criticising us for shooting the molestation incident. But let me tell them asserts have been made only because of the visuals
Had we not shot the incident, the molesters would have been roaming scot-free
Prostitutes form a major chunk of girls who visit bars and night clubs
https://twitter.com/atanubhuyan/

The news people who shot the incident rather than protect the girl have come under serious criticism. The editor-in-chief of NewsLive has posted interesting tweets. https://twitter.com/atanubhuyan/
In other quotes, he sounded like making some defensive argument...but lost it by the last statement. So, in his world, it is ok to rape prostitutes. chewtiye ka pattha, isko bhi daalo jail mein.

where is the god damn humanity... ?? this is what I was afraid of five yrs ago... gap between old India and New India is going to trigger these issues frequently..
Seriously ....you think this kind of thing is a recent trend or the result of the difference in new and old India........These things have been happening for ever.....remember Draupadi cheer haran. The only thing that has changed is the reach of the camera and the 24 hrs news channel.We are not that cultured a nation as we have been forced fed to believe. We have never been. As for the guys....I hope someone takes the law in their hands ,castrates these bastards and then hangs them by a tree in the same place.Someone should also post the pictures of the parents who brought up these guys to be such dogs.They deserve to be punished too for being effed up parents.

In other quotes, he sounded like making some defensive argument...but lost it by the last statement. So, in his world, it is ok to rape prostitutes. chewtiye ka pattha, isko bhi daalo jail mein.
The other ones - I'm not to sure but the last one is disgusting.

Seriously ....you think this kind of this is a recent trend or the result of the difference in new and old India........These things have been happening for ever.....remember Draupadi cheer haran. The only thing that has changed is the reach of the camera and the 24 hrs news channel.We are not that cultured a nation as we have been forced fed to believe. We have never been. As for the guys....I hope someone takes the law in their hands ,castrates these bastards and then hangs them by a tree in the same place.Someone should also post the pictures of the parents who brought up these guys to be such dogs.They deserve to be punished too for being effed up parents.
You just went 1-step too far there. :headshake:

It's been debated for ages - should a journalist document developments or interfere if he can? Journalists usually prefer the first. Photographer Kevin Carter got the highly respected Pulitzer Prize for the following photograph in Sudan. He was widely criticized for not helping the child in stead of taking the photograph and then abandoning the child. Kevin-Carter-Child-Vulture-Sudan.jpg There have been various similar cases. I remember watching a news of an old man who collapsed on the roadside and a news channel was showing how for a long time no one came to his help. Makes one wonder what was the crew doing shooting instead of taking him to a hospital. Journalists believe that it's more important to reveal the dark truth to the society than interfere and bury the incidence forever. Kevin Carter believed that it was more important to make people realize what was happening in Sudan than save a child from a vulture, who was going to die anyways, like hundred others were around him. However, Kevin Carter eventually committed suicide. Some believe he could not get over that photograph.