Guwahati mob molests girl, video goes viral online

Tiger80

Objectively - it's the journalist's responsibility (not mandatory) to report any such incident and he can carry on with his shoot. He's not supposed to "interfere". However, it is the responsibility (mandatory) of the local law & order force to maintain standards. They are successful when they have to rely lesser on external agents including people, reporters etc.

Seriously ....you think this kind of this is a recent trend or the result of the difference in new and old India........These things have been happening for ever.....remember Draupadi cheer haran. The only thing that has changed is the reach of the camera and the 24 hrs news channel.We are not that cultured a nation as we have been forced fed to believe. We have never been. As for the guys....I hope someone takes the law in their hands ,castrates these bastards and then hangs them by a tree in the same place.Someone should also post the pictures of the parents who brought up these guys to be such dogs.They deserve to be punished too for being effed up parents.
What's even more shameful is that nobody turned up to help for a full half hour. You only read of unfeterred outrage in the internet. Makes you wonder are all the decent people online 24/7.

What's even more shameful is that nobody turned up to help for a full half hour. You only read of unfeterred outrage in the internet. Makes you wonder are all the decent people online 24/7.
Whats even more shameful and as outrageous as the very incidence is that the police was reluctant to take any action till the video went viral and they had no option.

You just went 1-step too far there. :headshake:
No I didn't.Where are the parents?...are they condemning the act or are they busy trying to hide and protect these dogs that they gave birth to and left on the roads to behave like this.How often have we seen the families of the rapist blaming the victim instead of being ashamed of their man? There were two gang rapes in NCR in recent times where the villages ganged up to protect the rapists from the police. Why shouldn't the families be blamed for such acts.

Whats even more shameful and as outrageous as the very incidence is that the police was reluctant to take any action till the video went viral and they had no option.
Don't know buddy, but incidents like this make me question the integrity and decency of the common man. Besides our police are also made up of ppl from amonsgt us.

No I didn't.Where are the parents?...are they condemning the act or are they busy trying to hide and protect these dogs that they gave birth to and left on the roads to behave like this.How often have we seen the families of the rapist blaming the victim instead of being ashamed of their man? There were two gang rapes in NCR in recent times where the villages ganged up to protect the rapists from the police. Why shouldn't the families be blamed for such acts.
Families will ultimately stand by their own, even if they condemn the act, they would fight for him. His own wife and his sister would stand by him after the initial frowns. That's what families do. People are biased towards their loved ones. But a village ganging up to save a rapist shows the nature of the society. They seem to think the act was just and the man is a hero. That is just pathetic.

Thats human nature for you as everyone would try to defend their own . People who would deny this fact would realize the helplessness of such parents only if , say by bad lack they would find themselves in the similar shoes someday . Very easy for others to judge and dictate how one must react at so so situations . Remember the statement made by SHiney Ahuja's wife who went on to say that " Its my Man who has been raped as even women can commit rape "

Don't know buddy' date=' but incidents like this make me question the integrity and decency of the common man. Besides our police are also made up of ppl from amonsgt us.[/quote'] Members of the society have to take our share of the blame. We all make the society what it is. We are not doing something right somewhere.

Seriously ....you think this kind of this is a recent trend or the result of the difference in new and old India........These things have been happening for ever.....remember Draupadi cheer haran. The only thing that has changed is the reach of the camera and the 24 hrs news channel.We are not that cultured a nation as we have been forced fed to believe. We have never been.
One amusing thing about Draupdi episode is, even with all the godly powers at his disposal - Krishanji chose not to thrash baddies around, instead kept feeding the endless supply of 'saari', just to keep the fun element going - for as long as it could.
As for the guys....I hope someone takes the law in their hands ,castrates these bastards and then hangs them by a tree in the same place.Someone should also post the pictures of the parents who brought up these guys to be such dogs.They deserve to be punished too for being effed up parents.
You got the steps reversed.. hang to the tree, by the balls, then castrate ( if not already by then). Dont agree with punishing/humiliating the parents part.

It's been debated for ages - should a journalist document developments or interfere if he can? Journalists usually prefer the first. Photographer Kevin Carter got the highly respected Pulitzer Prize for the following photograph in Sudan. He was widely criticized for not helping the child in stead of taking the photograph and then abandoning the child. Kevin-Carter-Child-Vulture-Sudan.jpg There have been various similar cases. I remember watching a news of an old man who collapsed on the roadside and a news channel was showing how for a long time no one came to his help. Makes one wonder what was the crew doing shooting instead of taking him to a hospital. Journalists believe that it's more important to reveal the dark truth to the society than interfere and bury the incidence forever. Kevin Carter believed that it was more important to make people realize what was happening in Sudan than save a child from a vulture, who was going to die anyways, like hundred others were around him. However, Kevin Carter eventually committed suicide. Some believe he could not get over that photograph.
Again according to Silva, Carter was quite shocked as it was the first time that he had seen a famine situation and so he took many shots of the children suffering from famine. Silva also started to take photos of children on the ground as if crying, which were not published. The parents of the children were busy taking food from the plane, so they had left their children only briefly while they collected the food. This was the situation for the girl in the photo taken by Carter. A vulture landed behind the girl. To get the two in focus, Carter approached the scene very slowly so as not to scare the vulture away and took a photo from approximately 10 metres. He took a few more photos before chasing the bird away. Two Spanish photographers who were in the same area at that time, José María Luis Arenzana and Luis Davilla, without knowing the photograph of Kevin Carter, took a picture in a similar situation. As recounted on several occasions, it was a feeding center, and the vultures came from a manure pit waste: "We took him and Pepe Arenzana to Ayod, where most of the time were in a feeding center where locals go. At one end of the enclosure, was a dump where waste and was pulling people to defecate. As these children are so weak and malnourished they are going head giving the impression that they are dead. As part of the fauna there are vultures go for these remains. So if you grab a telephoto crush the child's perspective in the foreground and background and it seems that the vultures will eat it, but that's an absolute hoax, perhaps the animal is 20 meters."

:shot: You can only blame a person if he has done the crime or an accomplice. Why should the famile bear for their child's actions? Your comment is an emotional outburst. Take time away and think of it, without doing the rhetoric. Currently, we are discussing the Guhawati incident in which the family had "no hand" in the crime.

:shot: You can only blame a person if he has done the crime or an accomplice. Why should the famile bear for their child's actions? Your comment is an emotional outburst. Take time away and think of it, without doing the rhetoric. Currently, we are discussing the Guhawati incident in which the family had "no hand" in the crime.
The family is to blame because they didn't teach these guys that they cannot molest women.And if they stand behind them now...they are as bad as them.

The family is to blame because they didn't teach these guys that they cannot molest women.And if they stand behind them now...they are as bad as them.
Why stop at family? What about their friend circle, their schools/colleges, the places they work in, the culture in Guwahati/Assam/India?

Two questions: 1. Do you consider yourself a good parent? 2. Can you guarantee every single move/step taken by your kid, forever - outside your surveillance?

Why stop at family? What about their friend circle' date=' their schools/colleges, the places they work in, the culture in Guwahati/Assam/India?[/quote'] yes...every one is to that is protecting them and not reporting them to the police are blame...but the family that is protecting them is more to blame. How the bloody helll is a family of a molester not responsible for giving him basic human values?The way you guys are sympathizing with the effed up families...it is not surprising that people get away with such effed up acts.If the bloody families had any shame they would be disowning these bastards and standing behind the victim....but we are a bloody people with family values hence we stand behind our own...even if they molest girls in public or take a girl out for some gangraping.The families are totally justified in defending the guilty...because it is all about the family. How do the women in the family stay around these guys? One question....if someone becomes successful or achieves something in life it is often the family that is credited....pariwar ke sanskar are talked about.So when a guy molests or rapes....why isn't his family blamed? where does he get his molesting and raping sanskar from?

Two questions: 1. Do you consider yourself a good parent? 2. Can you guarantee every single move/step taken by your kid, forever - outside your surveillance?
I try and I am sure that I will be able to turn my child into a person with some basic humanity.If my child molested or raped or killed some one because he/she was driving drunk...then I would rather die in shame than defend him/her. I have a daughter and seeing girls being treated like this makes me feel so helpless.How do you protect them from these dogs? How do you make sure that parents of boys teach them decency?

Have you considered that their parents might have taught them to do the "right thing" but despite of that they may have gone forward and indulged themselves in this act? Sorry but you still make little sense.

Ok ...the families should be given medals for producing these heroes! No...this is not an over reaction...just shock and disappointment at the support and sympathy shown to family of the molesters. I guess the parents of the poor girl should be thankful to the family of the molesters for a good job that that they have done in bringing up these guys.

yes...every one is to that is protecting them and not reporting them to the police are blame...but the family that is protecting them is more to blame. How the bloody helll is a family of a molester not responsible for giving him basic human values?The way you guys are sympathizing with the effed up families...it is not surprising that people get away with such effed up acts.If the bloody families had any shame they would be disowning these bastards and standing behind the victim....but we are a bloody people with family values hence we stand behind our own...even if they molest girls in public or take a girl out for some gangraping.The families are totally justified in defending the guilty...because it is all about the family. How do the women in the family stay around these guys? One question....if someone becomes successful or achieves something in life it is often the family that is credited....pariwar ke sanskar are talked about.So when a guy molests or rapes....why isn't his family blamed? where does he get his molesting and raping sanskar from?
I am stopping short of using strong words here but you're making an assumption that the families of these folks are just like them. #FoodForThought - Have you had members in your family which did something wrong? Steal, cheat, lie - Were their parents were also thieves, cheats and liars?