Guwahati mob molests girl, video goes viral online

Tiger80

And this happened right in the heart of the city and not somewhere in a dark alley or something. :facepalm: To people blaming the reporters for not trying to stop them, you should know that reporters would have been only 1-2 but these men were about 15-20 and the reporter would stand no chance against them.

All 20 culprits happened to have wonderful parents who taught them to respect woman . I may not have seen them being brought up but I did see the result on tv... I have the right to my opinion and you have the right to differ.
Aren't they adults? If we go by your logic the parents of a driver who runs over people sleeping in pavements shouldbe blamed as they did not teach their son how to drive properly.Who knows they might be idiots who may have dumped their families.Anyways if they are cuaght their family will face blame surely.

Aren't they adults? If we go by your logic the parents of a driver who runs over people sleeping in pavements shouldbe blamed as they did not teach their son how to drive properly.Who knows they might be idiots who may have dumped their families.
Now are we comparing accidents with rape and molestations?

Now are we comparing accidents with rape and molestations?
Accidents well drunken driving was what i was referring to.most Parents do not tell kids go rape somebody or go drink and run over people.actually 2-3n of them may be are 30-40 people may be even having kids.there are some monsters in the society and they need to be bought to task.

Aren't they adults? If we go by your logic the parents of a driver who runs over people sleeping in pavements shouldbe blamed as they did not teach their son how to drive properly.Who knows they might be idiots who may have dumped their families.Anyways if they are cuaght their family will face blame surely.
BUT BUT BUT - I can know for sure what happened there sitting behind a computer screen. Lets blame something and feel good.

Accidents well drunken driving was what i was referring to.most Parents do not tell kids go rape somebody or go drink and run over people.actually 2-3n of them may be are 30-40 people may be even having kids.there are some monsters in the society and they need to be bought to task.
Drunken driving accidents are murders and should be treated as such.Who protects the driver after the accident...most often the family. As for 23 molesters being 30 40 yrs old ....they still have families....who protects these adult offenders...the wife,parents...how often have you seen them go against the offending family member?

I do not entirely agree with it. But I understand what you are saying. One has to be aware of law(lessness) of the land. e.g. if you roam around flashing your assets (jewelry/gadgets...) in slum/hood with robbers/snatchers roaming free - waiting for (loaded)you, that too in odd hours... then you have to take responsibility of what happens with you. Its like you taking a plunge in deep ocean, w/o knowing how to swim - and then blaming ocean(or sharks) - whoever gets you first.

Ok ...the families should be given medals for producing these heroes! No...this is not an over reaction...just shock and disappointment at the support and sympathy shown to family of the molesters. I guess the parents of the poor girl should be thankful to the family of the molesters for a good job that that they have done in bringing up these guys.
So these families owe nothing to the girl who will probably never recover from this trauma .They owe nothing to her or anyone else for bringing up these dogs up and leaving them on the streets.May be the girl's father should send them all a thank you note. I would like to see at least one of the parents shoot down any one of these bastards ,.That would be some honor killing in this country of false honor killings. And no...I will not change my opinion on this one.If the families don't haul them to the police station then they are as much to blame.
WTF beetle, you are over reacting.....No one teaches to rape/molest.. people just pick bad company, for multitude of reasons... Also, it is naive of you - if you do not understand - even after finding wrong doings of their kids, why some/many parents defend their kid...most of them are in a state of disbelief. Do you realize, whatever parents may teach at home - after certain age, the kids lead their own life..and even in this video if you see all the molesters are adults. They make their own choices, they choose their company. Haven't you seen examples of kids from good families going to college, and then become drug addicts and stuff. Even by law, it is the person, who committed the crime, is to be blamed.. and not relatives...if one were to follow your rules - then every one would be in jail, everyone who is related to the accused/criminal.

I am not over reacting...I do believe families by protecting and defending the accused also are to be blamed.They may not be guilty by law but they in the long run become part of the system that encourages these crimes.

One has to be naive to think that one has full protection against every crime, everywhere, every-time - just because it is written in the law books...there is difference between legal rights (on paper), and what happens in real world. "taking a bit of responsibility for ones own actions/decisions, which could have avoided the misfortune" is not equal to "blaming the victim".... no one is suggesting punishing the victim. But, to be careful in the future..and learning from others misfortunes.. what are safe areas/timings etc. As per law - culprit deserves all the punishment, but as a victim, it makes sense to think - could s/he have done anything to avoid falling in trap, how can you minimize risk in future.

I am not over reacting...I do believe families by protecting and defending the accused also are to be blamed.They may not be guilty by law but they in the long run become part of the system that encourages these crimes.
There are laws/punishments for abetting the crime, destroying evidence etc. But one can not be punished for (moral) support, due to years of emotional bonding. If your kid happens to be part of some crime - would you like to be blamed for bad upbringing? what would you do? Esp. when you feel, may be emotional support might help him/her improve, or you feel your kid might have been influenced/misled, or simply fell in some trap.