ICC Under-19 World Cup, Aug 2012

Espn Star Sports will be broadcasting the tournament

ESPN STAR Sports and its licensees will service cricket’s traditional heartlands in South Asia, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, West Indies, and the coverage will also be seen across the continents of Africa and South America, and throughout the Middle East, USA and Canada. A full list of official broadcasters can be found by clicking here. In addition to this, ESPN STAR Sports will stream the games live on its website,www.espnstar.com in the territories that are not serviced by a television broadcaster. This ensures the tournament will have a reach of more than 180 territories, including mainland Europe.
http://www.iccu19cricketworldcup.com/iccnews/news20120809_16/espn-star-sports-to-broadcast-icc-u19-cricket-world-cup-2012-matches-in-more-than-180-countries

U-19 VC Akshdeep Nath interview Ū am hoping to see India play in the final

scored 20 of 45 against Afghans when everyone else was going bonkers.
Don't know, this was the first time, I saw him batting so slow. Remember his quick innings against Pak in Asia cup which actually brought us back in the game but he unfortunately got run out and we lost that match by 1 run. He is known as a hard hitting aggressive batsman. He is vice captain as well.
Akshdeep Nath is a small town boy who will soon be living his dream of playing for his country. This young gun has been named as the vice-captain of the India U-19 team and all he has in his mind right now is the word ŸINNING? Q. How important this WC is for you Nath: This is the best opportunity ever for me to prove my worth for a place in Team India in the future. During the last 10-12 years, cricketers have been making the Indian team after their performances in the Under-19 squad, so it is not only for me, but also for other team members of the squad, as everybody including selectors would be watching our performances. To play for India is like a dream come true and IÃÃl be making the most of it. Q.Were you confident about your selection in the team? Nath: Yes, I was very sure since I have been doing well for the junior squad at international events, including the just concluded Asia Cup. But now I feel there is a big responsibility on my shoulders also as IndiaÃÔ track record in the Youth World Cup has been wonderful. Q. How do you see IndiaÃÔ prospects in the WC? Nath: It is an equal opportunity for all the teams and one cannot take others lightly any more. It is a game of glorious uncertainties and recently we saw this at the Asia Cup final against Pakistan. Since the combination of the team has been wonderful, I am hoping to see India playing in the final. Q. Are you feeling any kind of pressure? Nath: No not at all. But obviously a little pressure would always be there on all of us since we have been playing for the country and that too in the World Cup. The biggest plus for our team is the consistent performances of all the players, and being the vice-captain of the side, I will have to shoulder a much greater responsibility. Q. Any special planning for Australia? Nath: Yes, there would certainly be special planning for Australia when all the players meet at the NCA at Banglore for the camp from July 15. Team coach as well as captain and other support staff will sit together to chalk out a strategy. As far as my planning is concerned, I am regularly playing local matches and trying to have more and more match practice before joining the national camp. Q. Did you ever think you would be playing for India one day? Nath: No not at all. Like any other kid I started playing cricket in lanes and by-lanes at the age of just seven. After playing for a few years at the Abhijeet Sinha Cricket Academy, I shifted my base to the LDA Coaching Centre and when I did well for UPÃÔ junior teams, I thought I would pursue the sport seriously. Q. Does it hurts you that you havenÃÕ been included in the State(UP) Senior side? Nath: No, itÃÔ not the case. It was the selectors choice and I have no complaints regarding this. If I play well in the World Cup, obviously my claim for a place in the state team would be stronger so I am just waiting for the opportunity to perform and prove myself. Q. Have Suresh Raina or RP Singh inspired you in any way since they both have made it to the Indian team through their U-19 performances? Nath: Yes, of course they have been an inspiration for me; Suresh Raina in particular, since both of us are middle order batsmen and he also was the vice-captain of the Junior Indian team and now has established himself very well in the senior team. I hope one day I can achieve the same feat as his.
http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/07/18/akshdeep-nath-u-19-vc-i-am-hoping-to-see-india-playing-in-the-final/?ref=more-from-sport Defeating Aussies in Oz felt great: Akshdeep Nath
The Indian teamÃÔ triumph in the recently concluded quadrangular series in Australia has acted as a confidence booster for the team. Akshdeep Nath who was the vice captain of the team said ÅÅefeating a team like Australia in Australia by seven wickets in the final has pumped a lot of confidence into the team and India has all the potential to win the Under-19 World Cup to be held in August this year in Australia.ǵalking to The Indian Express soon after returning to his hometown Lucknow, Akshdeep said, Ūt has been a good practice tournament also ahead of the under-19 World Cup as the mega event will also be organised there. We got a feel of the pitches and the grounds there besides getting an opportunity to play against teams like Australia, New Zealand and England.ÇóWe had also emerged winner in the quadrangular series held last year in India which featured Australia, West Indies and Sri Lanka, besides hosts India. So in a way, we have played against a majority of the strong teams which will be playing in the Under-19 World Cup, except Pakistan and South Africa. We have developed as a team which gives me a reason to believe that India has a good chance of winning in the mega event if it maintains a similar momentum, he explained. Akshdeep said that the quadrangular series in Australia has also helped the team analyse the areas of improvement. Ÿe have realised that our batting needs some improvement and we have time to work on that. The Under-19 Asia Cup is in June and we are sure to improve on our batting before that, he explained. When asked about the success mantra behind the junior team excelling against strong teams, he said that, ÅÕhe players keep enjoying each others performance and unmindful of a playerÃÔ performance in a particular match, the approach of the support staff remains very positive.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/defeating-aussies-in-oz-felt-great-akshdeep-nath/938511/