Zak living in present

Khan has endured an injury filled year but as new season looms large he is not thinking too far

How long will Zaheer Khan last? ItÃÔ a question that grips Indian cricket these days especially, when you consider the bench strength. Umesh Yadav has just begun to make a mark, Ishant Sharma seems to be on a roller coaster- every time he takes a step forward, he stumbles back a step, Sreesanth is perennially injured, Munaf PatelÃÔ name surfaces only when others are injured, Praveen Kumar has had a few injury niggles, Varun Aaron is already struggling with a back problem and while Vinay Kumar and Ashok Dinda are competitive individuals they have quite a few things to prove before they can be considered as long-term prospects. India play ten Tests at home between September 2012 and March 2013 and they only go overseas in the end of next year. Will ZaheerÃÔ body hold up that long? Or will he by then have made a decision to choose one format? Understandably, Zaheer wasnÃÕ too keen to talk about his long-term prospects as his past, littered with injuries, has forced him to think solely about the present and not fret too much about the future. One Goal at a time Å£eing a fast bowler and the way my whole career has gone, often marred by injuries, I just want to do all the right things and focus on the processes, Zaheer Khan said after a training session at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore. Ū am not thinking too far ahead. Right now the focus will be on the Sri Lanka series. He might not talk about the future but it hangs in every conversation that you have about him. Will he eventually chose one format? If so, which one it would be? It was easy for a Lasith Malinga to choose ODI cricket as his yorkers are a perfect fit for that game. ItÃÔ not the same with Zaheer who is a much better Test bowler than limited-overs operator these days. But if his body canÃÕ allow him to bowl 20 overs a day how can he hang on in Tests? ItÃÔ a question that he refuses to entertain right now. Ū havenÃÕ thought about anything of that sort right now, Zaheer says when asked about choosing a format. “The IPL was important for me so was the Australian tour. I am enjoying my cricket now and love being there on the field. I donÃÕ want to complicate my thinking right now. The present dominates his mind. It must be tempting to think about the upcoming series against Eng and Aus, to nurture hopes of paybacks for the debacles suffered at their homes, but Zaheer can't afford to think about it. It's too far in the horizon for him now, a state of mind that the fragile body has forced upon him. ųight now, the focus is to build up the bowling fitness. I am happy with the way I am shaping up for the Sri Lanka series. I don't want to think about it (series against England and Australia) now. The trainers have chalked out the guidelines on how to go about building my fitness and I am working on them. I am of course really looking forward to this season because England and Australia are coming. But it is a long season so I have to plan it well. I am very excited about playing 10 Test matches this year. The question is what happens after those 10 Tests? Will Zaheer be around still?
http://www.punemirror.in/article/7/201207132012071308323497c298ef45/Zak-living-in-present.html
why everything has come to service to country :dontknow:
A most amusing psychology is the association of sporting success with service to the nation., and it is especially amusing in a sport like cricket where the players are well-compensated for their talents and work. Cricket never fed the poor, defended borders or built highways. I support "Team India," my favorite cricket club.
Zak is an injury waiting to happen. He is too injury prone to play a complete test series. He should be picked for selective Test series' date=' i.e. like Aus, SA & Eng and rested for others. [b']On the same note Zak shouldn't be played in all the odi series and should not play T20s at all.
I am probably telling this from 3 years now. Zaheer only for Test matches. But hell, this is never going to happen. :sad:
Zak is an injury waiting to happen. He is too injury prone to play a complete test series. He should be picked for selective Test series' date=' i.e. like Aus, SA & Eng and rested for others. On the same note Zak shouldn't be played in all the odi series and should not play T20s at all.[/quote']
I am probably telling this from 3 years now. Zaheer only for Test matches. But hell' date=' this is never going to happen. :sad:[/quote'] no man, its not possible to only play test matches after coming from a long rest...a fast bowler has to be in groove nd rythm so that he can be lethal while bowling in longer format..he should not play all odi`s, but certainly some odis b4 a main series, to get back to fitness nd groove.. see how after coming back from a long lay off in england test last year, he got a bad injury... even in the aus tour he came back after long lay off nd didnt do well acc to me in tests...did well in odi`s bcoz he was feeling well
I am probably telling this from 3 years now. Zaheer only for Test matches. But hell' date= this is never going to happen. :sad:
u r joing date says 2011...another ID :hmmm: