Oz cricket coach warns India's ageing stars of gruelling test

King

New Australian coach Tim Nielsen has taken more than a passing interest in India's just ended Test series in England to particularly notice their ageing batsmen. More... Oz cricket coach warns India's ageing stars of gruelling test PTI MELBOURNE, August 15: New Australian coach Tim Nielsen has taken more than a passing interest in India's just ended Test series in England to particularly notice their ageing batsmen and said they faced a challenge to remain fresh for tour of Down Under straight after playing arch-rival Pakistan. The series, beginning on December 26, is likely to be a farewell tour for 34-year-old Sachin Tendulkar, who toured Australia 16 years ago, Sourav Ganguly, 35, Rahul Dravid, 34, and VVS Laxman, who turns 33 in November. "It's interesting. Apart from the two opening batsmen, they seem to have gone back to a more experienced line-up," Nielsen said. "The challenge for them is, I suppose, they've got the Twenty20 world series then they've got the Test series against Pakistan and they come straight to Australia. We will be relatively fresh compared with what they will be and that might be a positive for us. That will test these older players of theirs," he was quoted as saying by the 'Australian Associated Press'. Nielsen also noticed that the Indians would be formidable opponents if all big guns fire at once but said the hosts team had enough wherewithals to counter them. "Two guys bowling at 150 km/h plus it's an exciting thing. Hopefully, they are all fit, firing and ready to go. The selectors will have a look at what the best combination is," Nielsen said. "The great thing is, whether it be (Mitchell) Johnson, Tait, Lee, Clark, (Ben) Hilfenhaus, there is lots of talent around that is screaming out for the opportunity."

We got similar warning shots before the 2003-04 series . I dunno wtf is wrong with the Aussie media to be so bombastic about, really. Lets hope we slaughter their 'fast bowlers' again. We need one of Karthik/Jaffer to play the compact defensive opener to Lee and he is neutralized until the tail comes around.

The title is somewhat misleading but why are they worrying about the India series already? There's still a lot of time for that.
Thanks Ravi. Another beat up headline. Neilson said nothing to prompt such a stupid title. Nobody is 'worrying' about the India series. It's simply part of the Oz summer schedule. I, for one, am really looking forward to playing Sri Lanka and India. The comments follow on from the just completed Eng/Ind series. Looks to me like Neilson has a healthy respect for India's stars.