"If you've got a business, you didn't build that

Brainfade

Somebody else made that happen." C-ZO7XOpwa8&feature=player_embedded I have no quibbles with what he said until 0:20, but did the teleprompter start malfunctioning at that point? I almost passed out, but thankfully the paralegals saved me.

Classic right wing lunacy. He said you didn't build that in reference to what the government is providing to the businesses in the form of infrastructure like roads, not that you didn't build your own business. When I read about this initially I thought what a stupid comment to make, then when I see this video it is rather obvious as to what he said. You guys on the right need to wait longer for a goof up like "Mission Accomplished" or one of them Romney gems. :winky:

Obama continues to tick left leaning moderates like yours truly. I am sure he was taken out of context in some ways but for eff sake, stop your claptrap and do something about economy instead of saying why big Government is needed. No big Government is NOT needed. And the teachers today are not the teaches of 70s/80s. Shut up and do ur job mate.

Obama continues to tick left leaning moderates like yours truly. I am sure he was taken out of context in some ways but for eff sake, stop your claptrap and do something about economy instead of saying why big Government is needed. No big Government is NOT needed. And the teachers today are not the teaches of 70s/80s. Shut up and do ur job mate.
If he doesn't talk during the election year, he will not be a president for the next term. He's going to talk and talk big from now on. He will use his left vote bank to get reelected. That's why he will talk about big govt, govt medicare, jobs in America, Immigration (get Latino votes) etc.

Romney's business was making companies send jobs overseas from 1999-2002, did he build that business ? Or not ? Not quite clear :P
The government built the part of Bain that created US jobs, but Romney built just the part that pioneered outsourcing! Aapke manoranjan ke liye: Rush Limbaugh's opinion: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/mitt-romney-and-his-departure-from-bain/2012/07/12/gJQAASzUfW_blog.html Sean Hannity's opinion: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/16/us/politics/when-did-romney-step-back-from-bain-its-complicated.html?_r=1 Ann and Megan's opinion: http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/07/12/mitt-romney-bain-exit/

Classic right wing lunacy. He said you didn't build that in reference to what the government is providing to the businesses in the form of infrastructure like roads, not that you didn't build your own business. When I read about this initially I thought what a stupid comment to make, then when I see this video it is rather obvious as to what he said. You guys on the right need to wait longer for a goof up like "Mission Accomplished" or one of them Romney gems. :winky:
Almost everyone has access to the same roads, bridges and education. Only some have the drive, initiative, relentless work-ethic and risk-taking ability to start a business and hire people. Of course, teachers and others helped them along the way (and no conservative would deny that). But did the teacher give them any more than they gave the other kids? I hope not. Some may argue that the rich kids paid a higher share of the teacher-salaries than did the poor kids, but received the same education. So, should you begrudge the poor kid for that? Of course not. It is obvious what he is doing here - insinuating that you get where you are mainly because of big government, so help him grow it. Frankly, it is getting tiresome. The solution? Get rid of the progressive tax rate. Institute a flat, fair tax percentage taken out at source for any earning above $0.00. No deductions, no exemptions, no incentives of any sort.

people need to take basic economics classes. Outsourcing in it self is not a bad thing and Free Trade is good for the economy and employment. Companies save money in outsourcing and use that extra money to lower the price for their service to gain a competitive advantage which leads to job growth throughout the economy. If every company in the US was banned from outsourcing their would be a substantial rise in the price of everything and their would be more jobs lost than saved.

For a President who won his election on the "I will not get personal with my candidate (even though she called me black)" strategy, its a bit funny for Obama to indulge in slander campaigns to stand out against Romney. Truth is, if you have done your job well, you don't need to be a hypocrite.

From Rush Limbaugh's website:

The Obama campaignÃÔ latest attack tells the story of workers at an Indiana office supply company who lost their jobs after a Bain-owned company named American Pad & Paper (Ampad) took over their company and drove it out of business. HereÃÔ what the Obama Web video doesnÃÕ mention: A top Obama donor and fundraiser had a much more direct tie to the controversy and actually served on the board of directors at Richardson, Texas-based Ampad, which makes office paper products.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/top-obama-donor-tied-to-bain-layoffs/

The solution? Get rid of the progressive tax rate. Institute a flat' date=' fair tax percentage taken out at source for any earning above $0.00. No deductions, no exemptions, no incentives of any sort.[/quote'] How is it fairer ? The assumption behind your fairness is that the market is perfect and treats everyone justly, for instance a CEO is 500 times smarter/harder working than the avg Joe hence his awesome package & parachute. What's the next argument of this so called 'fairness' ? Why should the extraordinarily talented & committed billionaire pay so much more than the lazy workers ? How about a flat tax rate amount from every living adult :doh: Its strange how the conzzzzzvatives reject evolution & Darwinism (at least far more than liberals) and yet advocate all its brutality of the latter to our economic systems. Now we're comparing the donors to the Presidential candidate :WTF:

Now we're comparing the donors to the Presidential candidate :WTF:
Will respond in detail to the first comment later. I am not comparing Presidential candidates with donors. I am pointing out the hypocrisy and stupidity of Obama's campaign. They have taken a stand that outsourcing is bad and that Romney has indulged in it, so Romney is bad. If they truly believed that, they would be principled enough (or at least smart enough) not to take money from the guy who was more involved with Bain's outsourcing efforts than Romney himself.

How is it fairer ? The assumption behind your fairness is that the market is perfect and treats everyone justly, for instance a CEO is 500 times smarter/harder working than the avg Joe hence his awesome package & parachute. What's the next argument of this so called 'fairness' ? Why should the extraordinarily talented & committed billionaire pay so much more than the lazy workers ? How about a flat tax rate amount from every living adult :doh: Its strange how the conzzzzzvatives reject evolution & Darwinism (at least far more than liberals) and yet advocate all its brutality of the latter to our economic systems.
First, what does it have to do with evolution? Nothing grates on a biologist more than applying the principles of evolution to everything under the sun. Evolution is descent with modification. That's it. You cannot possibly extrapolate that to economics, sociology and such. Now that I got that off my chest, explain to me how a progressive tax with 1000s of deductions, exemptions, credits, exceptions, incentives and other loopholes makes more sense than a flat tax with none of these loopholes. The challenge with a flat tax is, of course, to determine the optimal flat rate that would generate enough revenue, but the experts can do that. You earn a certain amount, you pay a certain percentage of it as tax.

First' date=' what does it have to do with evolution? Nothing grates on a biologist more than applying the principles of evolution to everything under the sun. Evolution is descent with modification. That's it. You cannot possibly extrapolate that to economics, sociology and such. [/quote'] Yes, you can. Evolutionary algorithms are used in every damn field there. Biologists were the first to discover them, but physicists/math/AI people have taken them far beyond biology.