Sign in to follow this  
Asim

Pakistan in India 2012-13...

Pakistan in India 2012-13...  

1. 1.

• Jadeja will open the batting and Chawla at no 4.

No room for sentiment over Pakistan series, - Dhoni "We are professional cricketers", "The series will have to be played and we have to get ready for it. Sentiment does not play any part since we are taught to be professionals on field." Anything which can bring both the countries to negotiations and normalcy is very good and we must appreciate that - Imran Khan "The prospect of India and Pakistan playing against each other is a good news for international cricket because these matches are followed by millions across the world. The Indo-Pak matches are special because of the high tension and whoever deals with that extreme pressure comes out as the winner." http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/572827.html SCHEDULE: 1st T20I: India v Pakistan at Bangalore Dec 25, 2012 (19:00 local | 13:30 GMT) 2nd T20I: India v Pakistan at Ahmedabad Dec 28, 2012 (17:00 local | 11:30 GMT) 1st ODI: India v Pakistan at Chennai Dec 30, 2012 (09:00 local | 03:30 GMT) 2nd ODI: India v Pakistan at Kolkata Jan 3, 2013 (12:00 local | 06:30 GMT) 3rd ODI: India v Pakistan at Delhi Jan 6, 2013 (12:00 local | 06:30 GMT)

No room for sentiment over Pakistan series' date= - Dhoni "We are professional cricketers", "The series will have to be played and we have to get ready for it. Sentiment does not play any part since we are taught to be professionals on field." Anything which can bring both the countries to negotiations and normalcy is very good and we must appreciate that - Imran Khan "The prospect of India and Pakistan playing against each other is a good news for international cricket because these matches are followed by millions across the world. The Indo-Pak matches are special because of the high tension and whoever deals with that extreme pressure comes out as the winner." http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/572827.html
Before even thinking of being professional some human lives have been taken away by some morons i wonder why dhoni saab visited the military academy if he doesnt have sentiments another congress wanna be. Who yea its not as if Jharkand got attacked Win and loss record is more precious than human lives according to Velu.

Time for us to normalize our win-loss record. :--D
with a 3 ODI series? lol last 4 years, India has played Pakistan 4 times btw, in b4 thread merged

Ind 48-69 Pak How the Hell are we going to normalize the win-loss record in 3 ODIs??
As long as we keep on kicking Pakis' @$$ when it counts I would be fine with the record. I mean WI has a great record against everyone but what does it buy them anymore? Currently Paki fans have to go back 30 years to the Miandad 6 to feel good against India so what does the record get them? We only have to look at WC 2011 semi final, 2007 T20 Cup final, 2003 WC and so on and this is what really matters.

As long as we keep on kicking Pakis' @$$ when it counts I would be fine with the record. I mean WI has a great record against everyone but what does it buy them anymore? Currently Paki fans have to go back 30 years to the Miandad 6 to feel good against India so what does the record get them? We only have to look at WC 2011 semi final' date=' 2007 T20 Cup final, 2003 WC and so on and this is what really matters.[/quote'] I know that .. but Velu was toking about normalizing the records .. thats why the comment was.. I know had we played Pak more in the last decade the record would have already been normalized by now

Ind 48-69 Pak How the Hell are we going to normalize the win-loss record in 3 ODIs??
It's stuck at 69 for a long long time. Besides it's not just a 3 match series. Now that ties have resumed expect a series every year plus some kitply cup like useless series. india pak will becomrethe new india sl like it was in 2004-07. we'll have h2h in 5 years max.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/PCB-wants-revenue-share-in-Indo-Pak-December-series/articleshow/15027500.cms PCB wants revenue share in Indo-Pak December series
LAHORE: The much-anticipated Indo-Pak limited-overs series in December could face problems getting off the ground as the Pakistan Cricket Board is determined to get a share of the revenues generated from the matches. A PCB official said that the board would soon take up the issue of revenue sharing with BCCI when discussions are held to work out modalities for the series planned in India. The BCCI has officially invited Pakistan for the series of three ODIs and two Twenty20 matches in December but dates and venues are yet to be finalised between the two boards. It will be the first bilateral series between both countries since 2007 when Pakistan toured India. "The situation is that if the BCCI does not agree to a revenue sharing formula we end up losers and gain nothing financially from this series," the official said. He said till, now the BCCI had not given any commitment to even tour Pakistan or play a Pakistan "home" series at any neutral venue. "As things stand they say they will send their team to Pakistan when the security situation improves and that means no set deadline. They have also said they don't want to play us any neutral venues," the official noted. "It is a positive thing they have invited us but unless there is some revenue sharing formula agreed upon we gain nothing from the series," he said. The official pointed out that India are yet to compensate Pakistan for a previous cancelled tour. "They didn't come because the Mumbai incident had happened but after that also they have not responded to our proposals of giving us matches at neutral venues so that we can recoup some of our losses from that 2009 tour," the official said. The official said while PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf was very keen to see the revival of bilateral ties with India but he was also firm that Pakistan needed to gain something out of the series for itself. "We need to gain something financially from the series or get a firm and written commitment from India to play us in a 'home series' at a neutral venue of our choice," he said. He said the two boards would soon start discussing the modalities of the planned series. "Until that time we are committed to touring India but we also have to look at what we gain in the long run because we are not hosting international teams since 2009 and we are facing financial issues," he said.

It's stuck at 69 for a long long time. Besides it's not just a 3 match series. Now that ties have resumed expect a series every year plus some kitply cup like useless series. india pak will becomrethe new india sl like it was in 2004-07. we'll have h2h in 5 years max.
Not really ... soon after this series .. there will be more blasts and BCCI management will be held responsible ... Ind-Pak series wont happen again till 2018

Not really ... soon after this series .. there will be more blasts and BCCI management will be held responsible ... Ind-Pak series wont happen again till 2018
good for us then. pakis will be crying again.

Not sought share of revenue from India series - PCB
The Pakistan board has said that it has not sought a share of the revenue from the series in India later this year. Earlier this week, the two countries had agreed to a short limited-overs series in December, ending a five-year gap in bilateral relations. "Pakistan's first priority was to revive ties with India and PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf was focussed on that. We wanted to take a start and for that we were negotiating since October last year," Nadeem Sarwar, a PCB spokesman, said. "Such reports about the proposal of revenue sharing for India-Pakistan series have no relevance and do not express the views of the PCB. The revenue sharing thing never came under discussion."

What about the decision on using DRS in this series? Pakistan claiming its their home series' date=' so as per ICC rule it's their decision aint it?[/quote'] Isn't decision made by both boards and has nothing to with whose home series it is?

According to one Pakistani newspaper BCCI sent PCB the schedule proposal for Pak-Ind series, it will be held from Dec 24 to Jan 5. Two T20s will be played first and then three ODIs, venues for 5 matches will be: Bangalore, Ahmadabad, Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai...

According to one Pakistani newspaper BCCI sent PCB the schedule proposal for Pak-Ind series' date=' it will be held from Dec 24 to Jan 5. Two T20s will be played first and then three ODIs, venues for 5 matches will be: Bangalore, Ahmadabad, [b']Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai...
wow look at the venues, all test centers for ODI and smaller towns for t20's good..can expect big crowds in the metros.:two_thumbs_up:

According to one Pakistani newspaper BCCI sent PCB the schedule proposal for Pak-Ind series' date=' it will be held from Dec 24 to Jan 5. Two T20s will be played first and then three ODIs, venues for 5 matches will be: Bangalore, Ahmadabad, Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai...[/quote'] We finish playing England on the 22nd of December before the Christmas break and the next series starts on the 24th. :facepalm:

wow look at the venues' date=' all test centers for ODI and smaller towns for t20's good..can expect big crowds in the metros.:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] you get packed stadiums everywhere in India for ODIs :dontknow:

We finish playing England on the 22nd of December before the Christmas break and the next series starts on the 24th. :facepalm:
After a tough series with England, I expect at least some players to be under on injury list. Sehwag, Gambhir and ZAK look like prime candidates.

After a tough series with England' date=' I expect at least some players to be under on injury list. Sehwag, Gambhir and ZAK look like prime candidates.[/quote'] Better to rest them for the tests vs Australia if they are injured.

India's home ministry has cleared Pakistan's short limited-overs tour in December-January, taking the series one step closer to reality. The clearance was given at a meeting between ministry officials and senior representatives of the BCCI - including its chief administrative officer Ratnakar Shetty, IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla and chief executive Sundar Raman - in New Delhi on Tuesday. Pakistan are scheduled to arrive in India on December 22 for a series of three ODIs and two Twenty20s. The confirmed venues are Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Bangalore but the detailed schedule is yet to be announced. It will be the first bilateral series between the two sides since Pakistan toured India in end-2007.

@Panther Boycotting series big joke most pak fans are desperate to play like their board are desperate for series with India for money spineless congress govt gave go ahead if its was other party we would have seen complete cut off.

Critical test for us. We have got many things to lose and nothing to gain. Firstly, this will be security test for our nation and thus a lot of risks involved. Then on the cricket pitch itself, we are playing some big losers who will always come with some wild conspiracies.

@Panther Boycotting series big joke most pak fans are desperate to play like their board are desperate for series with India for money spineless congress govt go ahead if its was other party we would have seen complete cut off.
yh yh whatever you will be the first 1 in the ground watching the game.

yh yh whatever you will be the first 1 in the ground watching the game.
Lahoric logic at its best forget watching in the ground i wont even be following the series i made that point once bcci gave a nod.

So, it's now official. Pakistan cricket team will tour India beginning Christmas Day this year to play three one-day international and two T20 matches in five Indian cities. When our venerated Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) first mooted it in July this year, I, like hundreds of others in this city, had reacted with a measure of disbelief and hoped that the series would not come to pass. Now we have the tour itinerary. As an avid cricket fan, I should have been thrilled at the prospect of watching the matches. I am not. As a Mumbaiite, I feel let down by the idea that the boys-in-blue will play boys-in-green somewhere in my country with nary a thought to a wound that has festered since my city was attacked nearly four years ago. That Pakistani venture - state, non-state, whatever - took 166 lives, among them some of this city's bravest police officers. Their families still suffer. Their wounds are still raw, they haven't been able to "move on", many of them believe that Indian government must find ways to "get even" with Pakistan. My wounds are raw too. None of us are likely to go and dig up pitches or pour oil on pitches to prevent the matches but as the Ombale family said: "we are pained, but what can we do?" Cricketing ties between the countries have been complicated and carry the burden of a difficult past; they are necessarily a sub-text in our multi-layered and complex bi-lateral relations. But one need not be an international policy wonk or a geo-political analyst to have an opinion on the impending series. Simply put, it's a thenga, in Bombaiyya language, to all those of us in Mumbai waiting for justice - and closure - in the 26/11 terror attack case. The BCCI and the Indian government seems to say: it doesn't matter much that the Pakistani establishment has steadfastly refused to cooperate in the investigation or take sufficient action against the 26/11 attack masterminds, let's host their cricketers on our soil and treat them with famous Indian hospitality. The World Cup semi-final last year was part of a tournament; it had to be played. But a bi-lateral series in India smacks of rank insensitivity to the Mumbaiite's mood towards Pakistan and its cricketers. For many of us, there's a sense of betrayal, a perception that our wounds don't matter, a feeling that revenues from these cricket matches - to the Boards, sponsors, whoever else - carry more currency than our need for justice in the 26/11 attack. This government would have earned some admirers - and perhaps a few votes in 2014 - if it had linked the resumption of cricketing ties to demonstrated Pakistani action on the terror masterminds. Suspending cricket ties with Pakistan was linked to the terror attack, not by us here in Mumbai, but by our central government. What has happened since to resume them? Of course, there are the usual arguments for and against playing cricket with Pakistan again, but none of them explain why a government that seemed to honour the Mumbaiite's mind-set then decided it's no longer worth it. Is it small mercy that the itinerary doesn't include the city? I, for one, won't be watching. The BCCI and the Indian government seems to say: it doesn't matter much that the Pakistani establishment has steadfastly refused to cooperate in the investigation or take sufficient action against the 26/11 attack masterminds, let's host their cricketers on our soil and treat them with famous Indian hospitality. The World Cup semi-final last year was part of a tournament; it had to be played. But a bi-lateral series in India smacks of rank insensitivity to the Mumbaiite's mood towards Pakistan and its cricketers. For many of us, there's a sense of betrayal, a perception that our wounds don't matter, a feeling that revenues from these cricket matches - to the Boards, sponsors, whoever else - carry more currency than our need for justice in the 26/11 attack. This government would have earned some admirers - and perhaps a few votes in 2014 - if it had linked the resumption of cricketing ties to demonstrated Pakistani action on the terror masterminds. Suspending cricket ties with Pakistan was linked to the terror attack, not by us here in Mumbai, but by our central government. What has happened since to resume them? Of course, there are the usual arguments for and against playing cricket with Pakistan again, but none of them explain why a government that seemed to honour the Mumbaiite's mind-set then decided it's no longer worth it. Is it small mercy that the itinerary doesn't doesn't include the city? I, for one, won't be watching. http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/ColumnsOthers/Have-we-forgotten-the-26-11-terror-attack/Article1-952507