Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

But no one said that it does. A good domestic record is a prerequisite with very few exceptions. A selector then makes a call on who can make the step up to international cricket. It's not a case of just picking the players with the best domestic records. It helps to have a look at records in different formats as well.
Thanks ct bhai for the icf .
The problem is in Test matches you can go two ways [1] Extra ordinary skill Think like a Dale Steyn, Shane Warne - these bowlers are the guys who can make things happen. They can work even on pitches where there isn't much of the surface. [2] Patience Think like a McGrath nagging away at a line or length till you wait for the batsman to make that error. Ishant comes under [2] and he loses his "patience" more often than not.
Sorry, this sort of posting gets on my nerves. Do you think a man off the street could play Test cricket if he was given patience lessons? Do you think Warne does not have tremendous patience - he isn't taking wickets every over! All good bowlers have skill and patience!
But no one said that it does. A good domestic record is a prerequisite with very few exceptions. A selector then makes a call on who can make the step up to international cricket. It's not a case of just picking the players with the best domestic records. It helps to have a look at records in different formats as well.
It is bizarre that some people cannot grasp this. It is so simple and yet people are like "Joginder Sharma is crap! LOL".
Sorry' date=' this sort of posting gets on my nerves. Do you think a man off the street could play Test cricket if he was given patience lessons? Do you think Warne does not have tremendous patience - he isn't taking wickets every over! All good bowlers have skill and patience![/quote'] You miss the point. Great bowlers have both but the good or average ones do not have great skill so they need to rely on patience. Of course there's an assumption of basic skill required. But there will be days when there's nothing happening out there and thats when you would celebrate the virtue of patience.
You are talking like I don't know that. Didn't you read further?
It is bizarre that some people cannot grasp this. It is so simple and yet people are like "Joginder Sharma is crap! LOL".
It's not a rocket science that people can't grasp. But you missing the point. How many fast bowlers we have good really succeeded who had great FC stats. This is when this system fails then you look to other options regardless, they will succeed or not, because you are already unsuccessful and looking for options.
You are talking like I don't know that. Didn't you read further?
rkt bhayya do u think Umesh will get further chances if he failed in this series..what about T20 WC?
rkt bhayya do u think Umesh will get further chances if he failed in this series..what about T20 WC?
He had good. I believe he will do well. He is coming from a long lay off. Even Zaheer has not anything of note.we should see him. Otherwise where are the options. VK, PK all were worse than him in the IPL.
He had good. I believe he will do well. He is coming from a long lay off. Even Zaheer has not anything of note.we should see him. Otherwise where are the options. VK' date=' PK all were worse than him in the IPL.[/quote'] what long layoff?? he played full IPL same as others
what long layoff?? he played full IPL same as others
He had good IPL and then 2 months layoff. Zak too is bowling crap as him. He has not bowled poorly like Zak bowling wides, leg bye 4s. He is lacking execution. Watch his bowling in the 2nd eliminator against CSK, you will know what I am talking about.
He had good IPL and then 2 months layoff. Zak too is bowling crap as him. He has not bowled poorly like Zak bowling wides' date=' leg bye 4s. He is lacking execution. Watch his bowling in the 2nd eliminator against CSK, you will know what I am talking about.[/quote'] in IPL his bowling is very good agreed [he had similer stats like Morkel] but his ODI performances are very bad so far..u cant just give Zak's example , Zak had a great World cup...
in IPL his bowling is very good agreed [he had similer stats like Morkel] but his ODI performances are very bad so far..u cant just give Zak's example ' date= Zak had a great World cup...
He will have to play to improve. You wont get ready made bowlers. There is nothing wrong in his bowling just tries too much.
He will have to play to improve. You wont get ready made bowlers. There is nothing wrong in his bowling just tries too much.
Agreed but Not ODIs and T20s. Play more FC cricket, maybe even go an A tours. But shorter formats of the game will hardly help him improve as a bowler. Have said this before, he should not be playing ODIs regularly for India till he has established himself in the test side. One of the reasons Ishant couldn't quite fulfill his potential was the surfeit of ODIs and t20s he played early on in his career. Can't afford to lose another talented bowler. Hopefully MSD understands this and plays Dinda now.
Agreed but Not ODIs and T20s. Play more FC cricket, maybe even go an A tours. But shorter formats of the game will hardly help him improve as a bowler. Have said this before, he should not be playing ODIs regularly for India till he has established himself in the test side. One of the reasons Ishant couldn't quite fulfill his potential was the surfeit of ODIs and t20s he played early on in his career. Can't afford to lose another talented bowler. Hopefully MSD understands this and plays Dinda now.
again wishful thinking... times changed you cant simply think players want to play in tests but take break form ODI/T20's..
Thing is there is no problem or issue in his bowling. Issue is the mindset which will come with guidance. If you had watched 2nd eliminator of IPL against CSK, you will know what I am talking, what kind of stuff I want him to bowl, what approach I want him to have. In that game, he held his own when everyone was tonked around because he changed his approach a little and got the results.
Dinda 76 off 10 overs. Brainless as ever since his debut against BD. Remove him. Get Agarkar.
I think we need to admit that we don't have any decent pacers at all. Like I said earlier better to play 7 batsmen + Pathan + Ashwin + another spinner + another pacer. That way at least we give ourselves best chance to score 300+ every game which is how we win games these days. I doubt Raina, Rohit or Sehwag combined will go for more than 70 odd runs in their 10 overs.
I think we need to admit that we don't have any decent pacers at all. Like I said earlier better to play 7 batsmen + Pathan + Ashwin + another spinner + another pacer. That way at least we give ourselves best chance to score 300+ every game which is how we win games these days. I doubt Raina' date=' Rohit or Sehwag combined will go for more than 70 odd runs in their 10 overs.[/quote'] dude now just accept it.. iif replacement pacer goes for runs then theres nothing wrong in giving yadav a go ... and no we dont need another spinner...wht are we gonna do in australia in world cup ?