Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

But my point was about his first spell :dontknow: Even if he takes a 5-fer it won't change the point that Umesh almost always goes for runs when he starts and we can't afford that in Aus where we won't have luxury of defending 300+. In a low to medium scoring game, your premier fast bowler starting with 0-16 or 0-20 in 2 overs can cost you the game.
So are you saying Yadav should not be in the team? Are you sure you want to go back to having trundlers all the time who performing at their best ability will still probably average above 30? Or would you give this guy a chance to reach his potential and become more consistent? He is still learning at this level. The thread title is one of a player that has been in international cricket for many years.
Pls close this thread. We have only one bowler in this series who is capable of bowling quick and look at this thread and our mindset.
Why should the thread be closed? isn't it true that Umesh is all over the place in his opening spells in odis and we are always looking at bowling figures of 0/20, 0-16, 0-18 etc.? Is asking our premier fast bowlers to bowl with some sense of control asking for too much?
Don't know man but in Aus odi series Vinny Koomar outbowled Umesh by some distance. If this is what Umesh brings to the table consistently I would rather have Vinny Koomar or maybe somebody new like Awana. Can anyone tell whether Umesh has ever managed to complete his quota in an odi game?
What about Perth test? What about the drop catch?
So are you saying Yadav should not be in the team? Are you sure you want to go back to having trundlers all the time who performing at their best ability will still probably average above 30? Or would you give this guy a chance to reach his potential and become more consistent? He is still learning at this level.
If Umesh doesn't improve then I would want him to go back to domestic cricket to improve and get someone like Awana a chance. The bowlers need to get the message that they can't treat an intl game like nets and show up all wayward. You don't learn to bowl consistently at this level and if you are learning to bowl consistent line & length at intl level then there's something wrong somewhere in our setup.
But my point was about his first spell :dontknow: Even if he takes a 5-fer it won't change the point that Umesh almost always goes for runs when he starts and we can't afford that in Aus where we won't have luxury of defending 300+. In a low to medium scoring game, your premier fast bowler starting with 0-16 or 0-20 in 2 overs can cost you the game.
Consistency will come as he plays more. You can only have one thing start with either consistency or pace. Most genuine quick bowlers will be erratic at the start of their career.
Consistency will come as he plays more. You can only have one thing start with either consistency or pace. Most genuine quick bowlers will be erratic at the start of their career.
I don't know which good bowlers didn't have consistency right from the beginning. The bowlers got better and learnt new tricks over time but I don't recall any decent bowler starting off at intl level as if he didn't have a radar. The only bowler who was similar was Sami and we all know how he panned out.
dhoni should have given him the new ball the ball had stopped swinging by the time he got the ball and the pitch is pretty flat.
Dhoni did the right thing. You don't want your opponent to be 40/0 in 4 overs when chasing a big total. As for Umesh not getting to bowl with the new ball, he was still out-bowled by Zak and Irfan when they came back in their 2nd spells to bowl with the old ball after Umesh's 1st spell.
I don't know which good bowlers didn't have consistency right from the beginning. The bowlers got better and learnt new tricks over time but I don't recall any decent bowler starting off at intl level as if he didn't have a radar. The only bowler who was similar was Sami and we all know how he panned out.
Broad was average until recently. Anderson wasn't great at first. Zaheer improved alot over the years. Umesh and Ishant may come good later too. They have the potential.

he will improve his bigest strength is taking wickets out of no where and he did that today and some one said there was a catch dropped too idc he is much better then other tundlers so let him learn while playing we odnt have luxury of droping him imo

I would actually be happy if he was a good Test bowler. A good Test bowler is like Hilfenhaus who keeps it tight. Yadav can't do that so he can't be termed as a Test bowler. A "Test" bowler doesn't mean he can be like a loose cannon and bowl like a broken radar. The very fact that Sehwag is bowling and most probably covering his quota after Umesh has bowled only 2 overs says it all.
:hysterical::hysterical: A good bowler is one who can take wickets.he was one of the reasons we managed to atleast take wickets in australia.
This has been the problem in india when a guy bowls fast they want consistency and when he slows down they ask for pace.If the team managment want him to a strike bowler as zak said.akhtar,morkel, and mnay were was wayward when they started even steyn in odis
Vinay has actually bowled very well in ODIs especially in first 15 overs. He can't bowl in death overs. Earlier Dhoni was doing right thing by giving ball to Umesh when there was no fielding restriction. Probably that's best way to use him.
:hysterical::hysterical: vinay kumar averages 33 with economy rate of 5.6