1. 1.

• McCullum
    • Guptil
    • Taylor
    • Williamson
    • Van Wyk
    • None of the NZ bat
    • Other batsmen (state it in thread)

2 Tests and 2 T20s. india_vs_new-zealand-test-series.pngHead To Head P IndWin NzLWin Draw Tie Tests: 50 16 09 25 0 In India: 29 11 02 16 0 T20s: 3 0 3 0 0 In India: 0 0 0 0 0 Schedule: 1st Test: Aug 23-27 Hyderabad 2nd Test: Aug 31-Sep 4 Bangalore 1st T20: Sep 8 Vishakapatnam 2nd T20: Sep 11 Chennai :two_thumbs_up: All The Best Team India. :two_thumbs_up:

NZ tour is a great opportunity to drop Laxman and get Pujara and Rohit in the team. I would play the following team... Sehwag Gambhir Pujara Tendulkar Kohli Rohit Dhoni Ashwin Zaheer Ojha Umesh I hope we don't waste this opportunity to blood youngsters by playing Laxman.
I don't care who gets in BUT Laxman needs to be de-selected. And put Sehwag on notice.
It's also an opportunity for out of form players to get back their test form. Gautam Gambhir - last 20 matches, 1020 runs at avg of 29.14 with no centuries. He is luckiest guy as he doesn't get much criticism. Similarly Sehwag scored his last 100 in 2010 and has been averaging in 30s since then.
It's also an opportunity for out of form players to get back their test form. Gautam Gambhir - last 20 matches, 1020 runs at avg of 29.14 with no centuries. He is luckiest guy as he doesn't get much criticism. Similarly Sehwag scored his last 100 in 2010 and has been averaging in 30s since then.
I think he copped his fair share when people rightly called him out for playing through injury in last year's IPL and then missed out on intl matches. He needs to step up as well along with most of our batsman since the last 1.5 years our batting has hardly done anything of note in Tests.
I think he copped his fair share when people rightly called him out for playing through injury in last year's IPL and then missed out on intl matches. He needs to step up as well along with most of our batsman since the last 1.5 years our batting has hardly done anything of note in Tests.
Gambhir has been out of form for more than 2.5 years now and certainly the worst performer among our 7 main batsmen.

^^^ True. If he continues to perform the same way this home season we need to look for other alternatives. I wish Mukund had scored runs n the A tour to WI but his performances have been so poor of late that there's no pressure on Gambhir & Sehwag. I wish there was someone breathing down their necks but I don't even see a backup opener on the domestic scene :sad:

Pujara should be picked. But knowing our selectors they will select the "tailunted" No-hit Sharma.
This is what would make a perfect recipe for disaster ... it would be truly shameful if we wont be able to win 2-0 against Kiwis at home.
Gambhir has been out of form for more than 2.5 years now and certainly the worst performer among our 7 main batsmen.
True this but only in tests.. He was quite good in this years IPL .. hope he would carry that form this season .. yesterdays dismissal was a fluke.. will see him in this sri lankan series to see if he has really improved.
True this but only in tests.. He was quite good in this years IPL .. hope he would carry that form this season .. yesterdays dismissal was a fluke.. will see him in this sri lankan series to see if he has really improved.
he's been good in all odi series including cb series where most of our batsmen failed.

Just like Dhoni, Gambhir's ODI form is keeping him in test team. But time is running out for both of them. Dhoni did score a century last year though. The way NZ are playing though we should win 2-0 with a B team as well. unless groundsmen decide to prepare flat roads.