• McCullum
    • Guptil
    • Taylor
    • Williamson
    • Van Wyk
    • None of the NZ bat
    • Other batsmen (state it in thread)

few hundreds for 10dulkar
I dont think so ... Its Sehwag's get back in Selectors Kanfidence series ..he will score doubles here and hence Sachin wont get the chance to score a century... Plus even if he gets a chance we know he chokes on 90 easily and NZL aint Bangladesh.

I expect this to be the team, no matter how much I'm opposed to it: Gambhir Sehwag Laxman Tendulkar Kohli Pujara Dhoni Ashwin Zaheer Yadav Ojha Whereas I would pick this if I were a level-headed selector: Rahane (Another domestic opener) Gambhir © Kohli Sehwag Pujara Saha Ashwin Zaheer Yadav Ojha

I expect this to be the team, no matter how much I'm opposed to it: Gambhir Sehwag Laxman Tendulkar Kohli Pujara Dhoni Ashwin Zaheer Yadav Ojha Whereas I would pick this if I were a level-headed selector: Rahane (Another domestic opener) Gambhir © Kohli Sehwag Pujara Saha Ashwin Zaheer Yadav Ojha
Didn't you want Sehwag dropped?
Didn't you want Sehwag dropped?
I did, but the selectors will obviously pick him. As for my team, I slotted him at #5, which is entirely hypotethical and never going to happen. My reasoning for that move is that it'll help him when he's abroad and not have to contend with the moving/seaming/swinging/bouncing ball.
I did, but the selectors will obviously pick him. As for my team, I slotted him at #5, which is entirely hypotethical and never going to happen. My reasoning for that move is that it'll help him when he's abroad and not have to contend with the moving/seaming/swinging/bouncing ball.
You've got Rahane as one opener but there isn't another decent opener around. So Gambhir will have to open even if you move Sehwag down.
You've got Rahane as one opener but there isn't another decent opener around.
But technically there still has gotta be a "next best". Who is it? Mukund? Or can Pujara/Rohit open or something like that? Gambhir at #3 is pretty key to my team's thinking, again with a view of looking at tougher overseas pitches where he can face the likes of a spinner when he comes in rather than 15+ overs of opening pace.
we should whitewash them this time
Tough call, that. Last time around we drew two consecutive fixtures before a Dravid 191 helped us beat them in the third and final test. And one of the draws came after we were reeling at 15-5 with a paltry lead of 40 odd. Whitewashes don't happen on sub-continental wickets. Fact.
Tough call, that. Last time around we drew two consecutive fixtures before a Dravid 191 helped us beat them in the third and final test. And one of the draws came after we were reeling at 15-5 with a paltry lead of 40 odd. Whitewashes don't happen on sub-continental wickets. Fact.
Pakistan just white-washed England in UAE. I accept that it was not the sub-continent but the wickets were practically similar to those you find in Pakistan.
But technically there still has gotta be a "next best". Who is it? Mukund? Or can Pujara/Rohit open or something like that? Gambhir at #3 is pretty key to my team's thinking' date=' again with a view of looking at tougher overseas pitches where he can face the likes of a spinner when he comes in rather than 15+ overs of opening pace.[/quote'] The next best (for want of a better word) is Mukund. I'd feel more confident even with Irfan Pathan opening the batting.
My message to the batsmen - BAT FOR A LONG TIME For the bowlers - TAKE WICKETS AT REGULAR INTERVALS It's a simple game.
Long time ? 1 day?? Regualr intervel - 1 wicket each for lunch and Tea break