Bollywood's "That Guy"

Prakat

You know that guy who was always the inspector or that guy who was always in the group shots standing in the front row. In the seventies there was this one Kaka in every village group scene. They sometimes had a few lines too. Can we find them? and can we find out their names?

Then there was "Bhagwan Dada", bhagwan_16705.jpg He almost became a beggar, sold his car and bungalow and moved to a chawl P.S - My old post, when we met a bunch of extras during our trip to Bangalore, Mysore and Ooty. I have never met a nicer bunch, made little money but big hearts, they entertained us a lot, we returned the favor by treating them as well

..all I remember was the heat but then our next stop Ooty was awesome. We met a film troupe in the train, they were extras ( the folks in crowds etc ) - very down to earth and they invited us in their chaal type hotel but treated us to lotta food, booze, nilgiri ganja. One of their team lead went on to become a bhojpuri actor This was during my b'lore-mysore-ooty trip

Inspector Karan from Baazigar. He's always a cop in every movie. That too a low ranking one. CAYGidG_CWc
^^' date=' Quite Disagree - not in the same league as the older ones ad hardly saw this guy in many movies[/quote'] Even I have not seen him in many movies. But that permanent sad look on his face is amazing.

^^ Late Mac Mohan, he did get dialogues in almost all movies. The interesting part about him was that he was mostly called by his name in the movies.
Yeah, he was always 'mac'. It was like no name they could come up with could be cooler for a second-rate criminal than his real name.

The one on the left is Sachin Pilagaonkar is a twice national award winning actor and he is way way bigger than "that guy" of the industry. Most people do not recognize "that guy" by his name, but almost everyone knows Sachin. He has played hero/lead in several Hindi films (including Akhion ke Jharoko se) and is a legendary director in Marathi films.

Jagdish Raj Most probably you have remembered a police inspector in 1950 to 1970’s Hindi film. The most important thing is that one actor Jagdish Raj (or Jagdish Raj Khurana) played these roles. He repeated himself in a police inspector’s role so much that he has a Guinness World Record for performing police inspector role in 144 films. Certainly he did more films but these can be count on finger tips. Do you remember some names of these films?
tumblr_lwo00sCnpE1qdvraco1_500.png