India in Australia - Test & ODI schedule

Donny

Test series Dec 26 - 30, 2007 1st. Test MCG Melbourne Jan 2 - 6, 2008 2nd. Test SCG Sydney Jan 16 - 20, 2008 3rd. Test WACA Perth Jan 24 - 28, 2008 4th. Test Adelaide Oval ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ODI Tri Series. 2008 Feb 3, Australia v. India in Brisbane Feb 5, Sri Lanka v. India in Brisbane Feb 8, Australia v. Sri Lanka in Sydney Feb 10, Australia v. India in Melbourne Feb 12, 2008 Sri Lanka v. India in Canberra Feb 15, Australia v. Sri Lanka in Perth Feb 17, Australia v. India in Adelaide Feb 19, Sri Lanka v. India in Adelaide Feb 22, Australia v. Sri Lanka in Melbourne Feb 24, Australia India in Sydney Feb 26, Sri Lanka v. India in Hobart Feb 29, Australia v. Sri Lanka in Melbourne Mar 2, First Final in Sydney Mar 4, Second Final in Brisbane Mar 7, Third Final (if required) in Adelaide

VB series is a drag. BTW before India visits Australia, Australia is visiting India for a 7 ODI series. I'm looking forward to the test series. As for ODIs they are far too many between India and Australia. I would have rather preferred see India play a different opponent in the 7 ODI series at home.

Ian Chappel said in star cricket yday that India is carrying ageing stars and it ll b difficult for them on the field cuz the grounds in aus r big and he doesnt expect them to b a good fielding side. and for the qn would india win the series.. he said thts definitely no. and india aint gona win the seris cuz they will struggle in auss cuz auss is a very good team... he was also disappointed with youngsters who dint grab their chance when there was oppportunity.. he mentioned esp yuvi for not grabbing ganguly's spot when the latter was axed..

Ian Chappell :confused_smile: I've never seen his comments come true. Always take his comments with a pinch of salt. I'm sure whom whom he is referring to when he says ageing stars. Recently he has been made looked like a clueless commentator by one of those ageing star.

Don't forget Clark. This guy is dangerous!
I know. I feel the primary threats will be Lee and Tait. Our batting unit has to click at every level to do well against the Aussie bowling attack. For God's sake , I hope Sehwag is in the team and in form. He was one of the main reasons why we did so well in the last tour. It was a pity that we lost the Melbourne Test match despite his superb innings on day one. I dont trust Jaffer's technique against the really quick ball.
Ian Chappell :confused_smile: I've never seen his comments come true. Always take his comments with a pinch of salt. I'm sure whom whom he is referring to when he says ageing stars. Recently he has been made looked like a clueless commentator by one of those ageing star.
Which one? McGrath? Sachin?

As the Ashes series approached, Chappelli's call for Pigeon to be pensioned off would not have meant a great deal to the great bowler but when Dennis Lillee and Ian Botham also said he was too old, he did what true champions do - he struck back, taking 6/50 in the first innings of the first Ashes Test. It was Clark, Warne and Lee who did the damage in the middle 3 Tests but back came the Pigeon in his farewell Test on his home ground, the SCG. He took 3 wickets in each innings including one with his last ball in Test cricket. I don't really need to mention what he did in the ODI World Cup. :regular_smile: