When Sachin introduced Gavaskar to Dhoni

King

They were never formally introduced. It came as a surprise to everyone when Sunil Gavaskar asked Sachin Tendulkar to introduce him to MS Dhoni. More... When Sachin introduced Gavaskar to Dhoni MUMBAI MIRROR / Ehtesham Hasan GLASGOW, August 17: They were never formally introduced and it came as a surprise to everyone when Sunil Gavaskar asked Sachin Tendulkar to introduce him to Mahendra Singh Dhoni at the Clydesdale Cricket Club on Thursday. It left Tendulkar a bit bemused with the rather strange request but he took the Little Master below the dressing room and called out for Dhoni minutes before the start of the One-Day International against Scotland. "Hi, I am Sunil Gavaskar," said the former India captain offering his hand to the poster boy of Indian cricket. It left Dhoni embarrassed and he said, "Of course sir, I know you," with a warm smile. Tendulkar then left the two and they had a brief chat. Gavaskar apparently asked Dhoni how things were back in Ranchi and how cricket was being run in Jharkand. Dhoni informed Gavaskar that soon Ranchi will have its own cricket stadium and the company that constructed the stadium at Barbados, West Indies will construct that stadium. Another Howler Ian Howell, (how can we forget him), was at it again on Thursday. Scotland captain Ryan Watson played a lofted shot to mid-off and RP Singh picked a low diving catch. It was hardly five yards away from Howell but he didn’t spot the fielder taking the catch on the bounce. The batsman stood his ground and when he was declared out by Howell, he lumbered his way back only to stop. The matter went upstairs and the TV umpire declared him not out. A day before the match, the South African Howell was heard grumbling how life had been difficult for him at the Oval. "There was too much appealing and shouting going around...", he was overheard saying. No wonder he did not hear the loud nick of Sourav Ganguly’s bat before giving him out leg-before. Mumbai Memories Mike Stagers, the chairman of the Clydesdale Cricket Club, has school masterly look about him. When the Indian media turned up at the venue on Wednesday, Stagers made them sit in one corner and like a teacher he went through all the dos and don’ts. It was a surprisingly a quiet classroom. Something more about Stager. He said that he is a Mumbai man having spent his childhood in the cosy environs of Malabar Hill in the late 1950s and early 1960s. "My father was the last English boss at Shell India and I grew up in Mumbai," said Stager with an air of avidity. "The last time I went there, in 1995, I couldn’t find my house and it took me a lot of time. "But I eventually found it and re-lived those memories," said Stager reminiscing about those times.

Guest dada_rocks
"Agar elders ko itni dete ho toh Kapil Dev-ji ki itni be-izatee kyon hui thi jab woh Sachin-ji ke khilaaf bole thei??". And yes, I can proudly say that I respect here not only elders but also the ones to whom I´m elder. Not only elders but one should respect everyone. Am I right, dear?? Because I think there are no reasons for respecting only elders and the one to whom you are elder to, you should disrespect him by saying that looks lika a 'She' Anway, have some :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:s!
Forget about Message boards each and every here when actually happens to meet Kapil will accord him due respect..
"Agar elders ko itni dete ho toh Kapil Dev-ji ki itni be-izatee kyon hui thi jab woh Sachin-ji ke khilaaf bole thei??". And yes, I can proudly say that I respect here not only elders but also the ones to whom I´m elder. Not only elders but one should respect everyone. Am I right, dear?? Because I think there are no reasons for respecting only elders and the one to whom you are elder to, you should disrespect him by saying that looks lika a 'She' !
You think being 'she' is an insult??:angry_smile: