Tennis at the 2012 London Olympics

Cricketics

Allrite. We are just 3 days away from the release of the Draw. Hopefully Somdev gets a good draw and don't run into Djoker or Federer early :) I think the is capable of upsetting couple of good decent players there. I don't expect much from him in singles since he is coming back from a long injury break and hasn't had any match practice. But O well. A win or two will surely make be really happy. Mens Doubles and Mixed Doubles will be interesting to watch. My Dark Horse for this year's singles event is Andy Roddick. A win last night at Atlanta, proves he's on a decent run here. I hope he gets atleast Bronze in London .

SEEDS ANNOUNCED. DRAW COMES OUT TOMORROW Roger seeded first for Olympics. Here is the doubles seeding. 1. Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (USA) 2. Michael Llodra/Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 3. Janko Tipsarevic/Nenad Zimonjic (SRB) 4. Mariusz Fyrstenberg/Marcin Matkowski (POL) 5. Tomas Berdych/Radek Stepanek (CZE) 6. Roger Federer/Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) 7. Mahesh Bhupathi/Rohan Bopanna (IND) 8. Novak Djokovic/Victor Troicki (SRB)

Cricketics,didn't know you are a member of MTF.:hatsoff: I spend a lot of time in there. Some of the posters there are :hysterical:
CRICKETICS is all over the net, it's just that some people have copi ed my name in lot of other cricket forums. Yes. I am on MTF.

Draw is out. Somdev plays against 41st seed Jarkp Neimen. If he wins, he will run into Andy Murray in 2nd round. In doubles, with all top singles player playing, i think ournteams have gotten a decent draw. Paes/Vardhan play netherlandz pair of Hasse and Rojer. They might run into a very tough pair of tsonga/llodra in 2nd round provided they make it to 2nd round. Rohan/Mahesh face world no 1 in doubles Max Mirnyi. But as mentioned by my friend in other forum, his partner is ranked pretty low. Come on India

B->

tennis really shouldn't be in the olympics. same as football. the olympics should be the pinnacle of a sport. ask any player if they want a gold or a grand slam and they will answer GS all day long.
Ask any player? Hmm.. You ask the best player in the world.. Roger Federer, and he will tell you he wants it badly. Those who don't want they will sit at home.

B-> Ask any player? Hmm.. You ask the best player in the world.. Roger Federer, and he will tell you he wants it badly. Those who don't want they will sit at home.
badly, yes. but ask him to swap one of his wimbledon titles for a gold medal , and i think he will do this - :finger:

Why the phack would you ask to swap it. Every Cricketer would like to win a world cup, and at the same time every cricketer wants to be part of olympics too and a win a medal. Same way, every tennis player wants to win both tennis grandslam and Olympics.

tennis really shouldn't be in the olympics. same as football. the olympics should be the pinnacle of a sport. ask any player if they want a gold or a grand slam and they will answer GS all day long.
an olympic gold is pinnacle of sports achievement, even a tennis player would wanna win the gold,be it be singles or doubles bcoz a gold is a gold, but u are someway right bcoz the winner of olympic singles winner in tennis will only get 650 points,last time it was 475 i guess, its very less,even rafa i think set his priority to be fit for rogers cup nd us open rather than playing in olympics...