Game of Thrones (TV Spoilers allowed, Book spoilers not allowed)

Rajiv

Its general history. I knew this before Game of Thrones was written or became popular. You you look at Germany today. One of their provinces is called Saxony. Read up on the War of Roses. A long fight which took place between House Lancaster ( Lancashire, red rose) and House York (Yorkshire, white rose). Even in county cricket Lanachire v Yorkshire is known as the war of roses. A lot of the game of thrones is based on that. Types of battles and character traits. The actors such as King Rob and his father etc boast of Sheffield accents. While his mother/wife lady Kat has a northern Irish accent. The emblem/sigil of the place i live in the county council uses a combined red and white rose (which ended the battle via marriage) House Tudor which ruled England till Elizabeth the first. I personally am told i have a south east accent (the reach) with bits of an east coast American accent thrown in. Or so i am told. How i got the east coast accent i dont know. Probably via television.

Way too long man. :(( I can't wait until Sooda finishes the last season. :giggle:
haha I know what you mean. :D
Must watch TV series The Wire Breaking Bad Game of Thrones Sopranos
All done except Sopranos. Loved them all. Dexter too.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere, But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear. Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, and not a soul to hear.

Rome >>GoT for me too. I suspect george martin doesn't know how to tie up all the loose ends without killing all of them. People wander about here and there aimlessly and i am still waiting for the dragons and white walkers to do something significant other than make an occasional kill and contribute towards a deathly foreboding.

Rome >>GoT for me too. I suspect george martin doesn't know how to tie up all the loose ends without killing all of them. People wander about here and there aimlessly and i am still waiting for the dragons and white walkers to do something significant other than make an occasional kill and contribute towards a deathly foreboding.
actually the tv series has done a pretty good job of keeping out the trivial stuff from the books (and there was lots and lots of it IMO) in GoT. Rome is magnificent in terms of accurately recreating that particular period of History. The acting and casting was also top notch. The only negative point for me is that the series, initially planned for 4 seasons, had to be ended in just 2 seasons.