Dale Steyn declares England as phoney No 1 Test side

I see them remaining #1 test side for 4-5 years. This is a team that has a positive attitude and they are gaining confidence day by day. Won't be surprised if they win Test Championship in 2013, which btw is being hosted by them!! Oh and they have a slight chance of winning the next world cup.

Can England stay at no.1 till Test Championship starts in 2013? I can't say YES because ENGLAND team is champion in ENGLAND only. England team don't have winning ability in sub continent, in AUS,NZ and in South Africa. So England is home champions only. India will get back their no.1 in very short period. SriLanka may compete with India for that first spot before Test Championship.
What aspect of their performance in this series has most convinced you that India will win in Aus, something they've never done before? Didn't England beat Aus in Aus less than a year ago? :winky:

Well India wins the Aus series or not is yet to be seen. But I can bet that England will lose the No1 position by this year. They will not be able to retain the position, thats a fact. While, Tremlett and Swann were supposed to be real danger it was Broad who did most damage. Broad is on and off and chances of him going down is high in other series. So, no..English bowling is not all that great. Especially in subcontinent they are going to suffer like hell .

Well India wins the Aus series or not is yet to be seen. But I can bet that England will lose the No1 position by this year. They will not be able to retain the position, thats a fact. While, Tremlett and Swann were supposed to be real danger it was Broad who did most damage. Broad is on and off and chances of him going down is high in other series. So, no..English bowling is not all that great. Especially in subcontinent they are going to suffer like hell .
There's one fact you've not taken into account: India will get whitewashed in Australia. It's a fact that India will be #4 or below by this time next year
What aspect of their performance in this series has most convinced you that India will win in Aus, something they've never done before? Didn't England beat Aus in Aus less than a year ago? :winky:
That's why they got that no.1 rank... but my question is will they keep their no.1 spot at least for one year? Most will say NO because every one knows how England plays outside their home country. Victory over Aussies is Fortunate thing happened for England Cricket team. Same thing repeated against India also. In simple words.... England has luck to get at no.1 spot. Their team work is 70% and their luck is 30%.
That's why they got that no.1 rank... but my question is will they keep their no.1 spot at least for one year? Most will say NO because every one knows how England plays outside their home country. Victory over Aussies is Fortunate thing happened for England Cricket team. Same thing repeated against India also. In simple words.... England has luck to get at no.1 spot. Their team work is 70% and their luck is 30%.
You said England would not stay at #1 and that India would regain that spot. OK, most here would agree that England are crap and that they don't deserve to be #1, but I asked you why you thought India would regain the spot. After all, India has to finish ahead of the likes of SA, Aus & SL too. Did you see something in this series that fills you with confidence for your upcoming matches?
There's one fact you've not taken into account: India will get whitewashed in Australia. It's a fact that India will be #4 or below by this time next year
Well, open up your eyes and take a look at the heading of the thread...Where does India come into the picture, sonny boy ? Getting a bit overzealous, are you ? Btw, what makes you believe that India will be whitewashed in Aus ? Giving you a taste of ur own medicine, u didnt take into account that England are going to be whitewashed and whooped when they tour India later. Remember, u got the news first from me..Dont forget... It will be a long and killing tour for them. The Indian hospitality will no more be warm for the English after how they have treated us shamefully in press and off field. That was a disgrace ! You will get it back :)
You said England would not stay at #1 and that India would regain that spot. OK, most here would agree that England are crap and that they don't deserve to be #1, but I asked you why you thought India would regain the spot. After all, India has to finish ahead of the likes of SA, Aus & SL too. Did you see something in this series that fills you with confidence for your upcoming matches?
You are underestimating TEAM INDIA. If they play with a perfect game plan against any team, No one can beat them. India has strong reserve bench. The only problem is selection committee. They are ignoring some players such as PUJARA and many more. Most people say that India won't have test winning ability after retirement of Sachin,Dravid and Laxman. It is not correct to say.
Wobbly , Serani etc congrats on your #1. Well deserved. By this time next year, you guys will not be no.1. Thats my guess. Now the important bit: Why are you guys called Poms? As in Pomeranian? Whats the story behind that?
I am more worried about the Pakistan series than I am the SA one as I think the pitches will be highly unusual. I still see us being No1 and beating India at home
Guest Gunner
Well stick your money on it boy, because this old man is going to hit at least 80 I have to I have young children to support:((
Hey apologies on behalf of that idiot. Please report such posts in future, don't waste your time responding. Cheers.