Yuki Bhambri Checks IN

Cricketics

This is the thread to track the progress of Yuki Bhambri, whom I believe will be the best ever Indian Men Singles player to come out of India. Already won Junior Australian Open. He is going one step further now and improving his ranking game by game. He is currently playing in Astana Challengers where he beat Dustov, whom he lost to in Davis Cup earlier. This time he got Dustov in straight sets. Yuki, surely must be disappointed of not being picked for Olympics, but in all this time he has improved his ranking and has become top ranked Indian, even passing Somdev Devarman(his protected ranking during injury got him a slot in Olympics). Yuki has also made it to the US OPEN qualifying rounds now after such and has officially borken in TOP 200. I am personally very excited to see his progress. He is our future Grandslam Champion.

I will take a Top-20 player tbh . Grandslam winner is strecthing a bit ' date=' though i rate the kid very high .[/quote'] What he has achieved so far at the age of 20, has been just achieved by one Indian in our whole tennis history and that is Leander Paes. He has actually gone one step ahead of Leander. Also he is doing good in doubles with another fellow Indian DIVIJ SHaran. But hopefully and I know he will continue to focus more on Singles. We have a special tennis player here.

What he has achieved so far at the age of 20, has been just achieved by one Indian in our whole tennis history and that is Leander Paes. He has actually gone one step ahead of Leander. Also he is doing good in doubles with another fellow Indian DIVIJ SHaran. But hopefully and I know he will continue to focus more on Singles. We have a special tennis player here.
I dont disagree & Indians tend to play their best tennis ~25 , so hes done very well , but you do know its a very competetive sport & dont be surpised if hes not able to keep up few years down . Hows Divij doing lately ?

I dont disagree & Indians tend to play their best tennis ~25 , so hes done very well , but you do know its a very competetive sport & dont be surpised if hes not able to keep up few years down . Hows Divij doing lately ?
Divij is having his regular struggle but is making to challengers. He played last week in same challenger as Yuki and unfortunately had to face Yuki Bhambri in the first round and he was knocked out in straight sets. He's focussing more on doubles I see, which is fine. Another doubles player on card here from India.

From being ranked 414th earlier this year, Yuki has jumped on to rank 89 which will allow him to play directly in all grandslams next year without going through qualifiers,, provided he doesn't slip in ranking.

This is brilliant effort by Bhambri who went through lot of injuries and hence had a decline in ranking. He was junior Australian open champion in 2009 and I had high hopes from him. I am glad he is finally coming through. Always felt he is the deal for Indian tennis, and he is showing it. 

He just won Pune Challenger yesterday which will put him on rank 89.

Congrats Yuki Bhambri.

Somdev has just had a new coach and still around just not finding the right result. Still he is in top 200 and trying to make a comeback in top 100. Hopefully with his new coach, he will be able to sort lot of issues.

He pushes himself a lot and that is what I like about him. He has had lot of 3 set losses which shows that he has been playing well but just not able to finish things of. Hopefully he will get back to top 100 soon.

8 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Should keep this up and maintain his form. He faces Guido Pella next.

Pella took out Ramkumar, the pther young Indin prospect.

Pella is playing some good top 50 tennis, so yuki has two huge battles today- Pella and his own fitness.

Hoping Yuki prevails today in both.

31 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Pella took out Ramkumar, the pther young Indin prospect.

Pella is playing some good top 50 tennis, so yuki has two huge battles today- Pella and his own fitness.

Hoping Yuki prevails today in both.

Yea, Pella also tool out mischa zverev. Will be a tough match.