rotation policy by kiwis

kabira

I dont understand the reason for opting for rotation policy.. NZL has hardly played any cricket..2 Test matches that lasted 6 days..They first rested Vettori and now they have rested skipper Fleming.. I would assume you adopt such policy when you are in middle of hectic season...Kiwis have hardly played any cricket after Champions Trophy...Most cricketer would hate to rest, that breaks their rhythm...

Re: rotation policy by kiwis True but in the last couple of months or so Flem has played plenty of cricket. First the overseas tour to South Africa, then the champions trophy and now the Sri Lanka test series. Also this given an opportunity for Vettori to know the job first hand. It is not easy to play cricket day in day out and particular around this time of the year. They would like to spend some quality time with the family but they hardly get time. Christmas allows only a day to be spent with the family as the boxing day game won't allow them to take off. I think it will help Flem as he will still be playing 3 ODIs against SL.