Lefities domination on the rise

Ram

India seem to produce bulk of the left arm bowlers. We have seen Zaheer, Nehra, Pathan and RP Singh since the last few years. I'm quite sure no other country has had so many left arm pacemen over the years. India also looked to produce few left hand batsmen too but not everyone is currently in the team. India has seen Yuvraj, Raina and Gambhir in the batting department. Imagine a team with Zaheer, Nehra, Patha, Yuvraj, Raina, Gambhir and RP Singh. That's 7 left hand players in the ranks.

^^Add Dada to the lefties list :eyedance:
Sure thing but I was mentioning the left handers that were produced in the recent years. Yes with Ganguly also in the ranks that'll make 8 left handers. I'm sure India can put together an exclusive left handers international XI if couple other players are included. BTW Chawla is a leftie too, he can make the list as well.
Sure thing but I was mentioning the left handers that were produced in the recent years. Yes with Ganguly also in the ranks that'll make 8 left handers. I'm sure India can put together an exclusive left handers international XI if couple other players are included. BTW Chawla is a leftie too' date= he can make the list as well.
:haha:

I guess the the post or atleast the cricinfo article is more about left handed bowlers and pcers at that. Akram and Vaas are the best amongst the lat with Zak at number 4; its strange that we have witnessed so few left handed bowlers as compared to batsmen; wonder if their is any specific reason behind this?

Guest dada_rocks

I find this otherwise right handed but doing main job of ur career with left-handed quite an intriguing concept, wonder how these folks get intoduced to left hand concept.