Umpiring in Ashes 2006

King

Has hit nadir. Now Freddi, Monty and even the commentator Mark Nicholas are showing their dissent quite openly. Mark Nicholas for the first time said England has been hit hard by the bad umpiring decisions. Just few minutes ago Rudi saved Symonds. Symonds was hit right in front of the stumps off a full length ball by Monty but Rudi ruled him not out. Freddi even after the over was bowled was looking at the big screen and shaking his head.

Re: Umpiring in Ashes 2006 ICC is not doing any favours sitting on its fat arse without really doing anything about the standard of umpiring. These days hawk eye seemed to be used in every game and I can't still believe ICC are not convinced Hawk eye is not any better than a lot of hapless umpires. I do understand Hawk Eye may not be 100% accurate but it is better than umpires like Rudi surely. They have now this new "Hot Spot" and I cannot understand why it cannot be used for marginal bat/pad or caught behind decisions. India were robbed twice in the last test match. I don't reckon Benson would have given Gibbs out last night if Gibbs didn't walk. Luckily for India Gibbs walked. :roll: On a daily basis we see one or more bad decisions in every freakin game played around the globe. Wonder why ICC is still not convinced they have very bad umpiring staff. Something really needs to be done about this one.

Re: Umpiring in Ashes 2006 Not couple of times from what I can remember but just once. Otherwise the umpires have struck ever other time against England. I think the ratio is something like 1 in favour of England and 10 in favour of Australia.