Blackberry Users: fav apps, tips and tricks

Prakat

Tell us your favourite app that you can't do without. Any tips you may have picked up over the years. My fav app: Advanced OS LED This is an invaluable app that's pretty much mission critical when it comes to making the best and most efficient use of your BB. It basically uses the LED on top to tell you what's been happening. I have it configured so that it blinks green when I have a new mail on my work address, yellow for my personal emails (ordinarily you get a sound, but it can get very annoying and disturbing when each and every mail coming in announces its arrival with a beep. It blinks red fast if I have a missed call (so don't have to check manually) from someone on my contact list and white if its someone I don't know. The same for texts, chats, whatsapp, messengers etc. This instantly changes your phone from an intrusive device to something that will let you know when you check it out and without even picking it up. RIM should buy this app and then build it into the OS. Some shortcut tips: while using the browser: press w for tabs viewer, b for bottom of page and t to go to the top. Alt+scroll for zooming in and out with precision.

my father brought bb for himself after six months he got transferred i give him a dual sim mobile and took bb when i was using the camera i got this error "could not start the camera close other application and try again " i went to bb service center it had 18 months warranty 15 days later those idiots told me i might have dropped my mobile in water and spoiled my lens nothing can be done to repair it back i offered to pay them for new lens but they said they cannot repair it they asked to pay the full amount of the phone and they would give the same phone as replacement :wall: they charged 200rs for servicing without repairing it later i give my phone in unauthorized service center those guys could not repair it either but they said prob lies in bb itself if they try to repair there is a chance phone might never work again i googled about this problem and found 1000s of bb user having similar prob most of them given replacement except me another prob i am facing now is after paying 400 per month for airtel net my net speed sucks it does not work most of the time i lose money for no reason my balance gets empty most of the time i donno why

RIM deathwatch: BlackBerry subscriptions in "downward spiral" http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/09/rim-deathwatch-blackberry-subscriptions-in-downward-spiral/

Research In Motion, long the dominant provider of smartphones to business—and until two years ago, the overall market leader—has been hammered by market missteps, delays in new versions of its BlackBerry phone line, and the ascent of Google's Android and Apple's iPhone. Now, according to a report from the Toronto Globe and Mail, the company has reached a tipping point, with analysts expecting the company to acknowledge a worldwide decline in subscribers to the BlackBerry mail and messaging service in its next earnings report later this week. "This is the first quarter we are expecting zero subscriber growth," National Bank Financial Senior Research Analyst Kris Thompson told the Globe and Mail. In the next quarter, he said, he believed the subscriber base would go into a "downward spiral," with the expected release of the BlackBerry 10 slowing but not stopping the hemorrhaging of customers. The BlackBerry mail and messaging services are the main reason many enterprise customers have used RIM's devices, and account for about a third of its revenue, based on its most recently quarterly results from June. The company has kept its service growing overseas, but its subscriber base has been in decline in North America as Android and iOS gain more enterprise-friendly features. In the quarter ending in June of this year, the company shipped 7.8 million BlackBerry phones, and only 250,000 BlackBerry PlayBook tablets. By comparison, during roughly the same period, Apple shipped 26 million iPhones and 17 million iPads.