Olympics nothing less than a war for China

rkt.india

Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen has become the talk of the 2012 Olympic Games after winning double Olympic gold medals at just 16 years of age. But the question is, how does she do it? The answer is that children in China undergo arduous training regime, which looks more like child abuse, to become perfect athletes. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qij0QULBBdk]Chinese Olympics training or child cruelty? - YouTube[/ame] Watch Zee News report here. http://zeenews.india.com/videos/how-china-train-its-kids-to-win-gold_17487.html http://zeenews.india.com/videos/how-china-train-its-kids-to-win-gold-ii_17486.html http://zeenews.india.com/videos/how-china-train-its-kids-to-win-gold-iii_17485.html

I Know that. I wanted to to have a discussion here about this.
From Children's point of view its more of a torture .For sake of medal I wouldn't want small children to go through such rigorous training for sure .Hell with such medal if children's are made to cry ,but reality is getting medals in Olympics isn't easy.Specially gymnasts where you need to train children at a very small age to make bodies flexible . 2012-07-06T084930Z-229119064-GM1E8761AGD01-RTRMADP-3-CHINA-jpg_093424.jpgphotograph-taken-april-7-2012-20120407-191106-293.jpgphotograph-taken-april-7-2012-20120407-191106-572.jpgchinese-boy-practises-weightlifting-weightlifting-20110722-060112-217.jpg000-Hkg7593965-jpg_093424.jpg2012-07-06T085723Z-1404211748-GM1E8761AZE02-RTRMADP-3-CHINA-jpg_093433.jpg000-Hkg7593959-jpg_093424.jpg

From Children's point of view its more of a torture .For sake of medal I wouldn't want small children to go through such rigorous training for sure .Hell with such medal if children's are made to cry ,but reality is getting medals in Olympics isn't easy.Specially gymnasts where you need to train children at a very small age to make bodies flexible .
This issue is being raised after 2008 olympics. Are training centers in other countries any better? I don't know how it goes there, but my guess is that treatment would be similar in many places. Can't see how a kid will become gold medalist in future if they don't train from young age. Somewhat like kids of India who are constantly forced to get good grades.

This issue is being raised after 2008 olympics. Are training centers in other countries any better? I don't know how it goes there' date=' but my guess is that treatment would be similar in many places. Can't see how a kid will become gold medalist in future if they don't train from young age. [b']Somewhat like kids of India who are constantly forced to get good grades.
Well observed! I think the main difference is that the "abuse" in Indian society especially South Indian society is more psychological and hence doesn't show itself up for dramatic effect like physical "abuse" does. The amount of competition, the kind of things kids need to do in school, the constant peer-pressure, the constant pressure from parents, teachers, etc does affect kids. While there is a positive that India produces most engineers and doctors in the world as a result of such constant pseudo-perfectionism attitude (like China wins the most medals at the Olympics). What really matters is, in India's case - how inventive are we despite these many knowledge-workers? And in China's case, what sportsmanship values (essential for life outside competing in games) do their athletes have despite the number of medals?

Physical training in China has always been rigorous. I had seen a Jackie Chan interview on how he was trained and it was very clear how hard and ruthless the training was. How do you think they train themselves to meditate while hanging from a rope by the neck?

omg that's so sad
How is training for gymnastics or weightlifting (shown in pics) at an early age sad? Getting paid and for training in sports you are good at. Keeps kids active too. And later they may reach the pinnacle of their sporting achievements and win a medal or even just be an Olympian and enjoy the experience. In some cases kids are forced though. In the end all that matters is how much medals you got, not how you got them. However look at the difference between West Germany and East in 88 Olympics. Look at soviet domination in 88 and 92. Look at North Korea now (4 golds already). Communists countries do well, Im sure it's cause of doping and I don't agree with that at all.