Decision overturned and Vk Yadav is out

Cricketics

Unfortunate :( “There were a total of nine (9) holding fouls committed by the Indian boxer in the third round alone. However the Referee only gave one caution,” the AIBA said in a statement after a review by its Competition Jury. “In the second round, at the time 02:38, the boxer from India spitted out his gumshield intentionally. However the Referee didn’t give any warning,” it added. Based on these “findings”, the jury members “unanimously” decided to award Spence four points, thereby making him the winner. http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/article3726178.ece?homepage=true

""I thought I won the fight. I thought I threw more punches and landed more shots. I thought I was the more aggressive boxer. It was kind of frustrating, but he's fighting to the computer system," he said. " From http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5heNqgxgYkx0H4j0CUkmVl_XrxLdg?docId=cb80078d8a5d4eedae8c0b9bdf6c38f0 Spence's late reprieve was surreal for a team that appeared headed home with nothing. Spence struggled to penetrate Vikas' technical, plodding style despite showing superior power and entertainment value.

Spence struggled to penetrate Vikas' technical, plodding style despite showing superior power and entertainment value
What a joke. Vikas was fighting according to the system. Whilst the American was willy nilly throwing punches in, most being blocked. Feel sh!t about this, these Olympics have been a farce from judges and referees point of view.
In the second round, at the time 02:38, the boxer from India spitted out his gumshield intentionally.
This has to be joke, then only yesterday the British cycling team "cheated" by one of their cyclists falling of their cycle so they could restart the race.

If the decision was overturned on the basis ofgiving extra points to the US boxer for his punches it would still have been ok. But to declare him the winner by penalizing Vikas for fouls committed and gumshield spitting is ridiculous. The boxing judgements in the olympics have been utterly shambolic to say the least. However there are reports of our boxers boycotting the event. That will not be the right step IMO.

I saw an interview of his parents on NDTV, His mom was crying... I felt so bad :(( It seems Yadav, after his bout at night went to sleep with a lot of happiness and was shcoked when he got the news on waking up... devastated really... how horrible the world must seem to him :((

Hang on! What's going on here? Errol Spence should have won as clear as that. Now, Vikas decision has been over turned not due to the scoring of punches but due to "spitting of mouth guard". The rules say it needs to be warned first - so it's just another farce upon an already existing farce (Vikas winning). Boxing for the name of the sport is a real joke but two wrongs don't make a right. Just in case India will lodge and appeal - it's confirmed.

If the decision was overturned on the basis ofgiving extra points to the US boxer for his punches it would still have been ok. But to declare him the winner by penalizing Vikas for fouls committed and gumshield spitting is ridiculous. The boxing judgements in the olympics have been utterly shambolic to say the least. However there are reports of our boxers boycotting the event. That will not be the right step IMO.
Glad - at least someone sees it this way and this is the correct way to look at it IMHO. Saneindian, Read about Boxing at Seoul 1988 Olympics. London 2012 is not an inch close to that stupidity.

I saw an interview of his parents on NDTV' date=' His mom was crying... I felt so bad :(( [b']It seems Yadav, after his bout at night went to sleep with a lot of happiness and was shcoked when he got the news on waking up... devastated really... how horrible the world must seem to him :((
If I would be Vikas Krishnan Yadav, I would know at the back of my mind that there's going to be an appeal lodged - you can't live in denial. If he's disappointed at "why" more points were awarded to Spence that sounds reasonable.

clearly you ********s have never watched a boxing match in your lives...:giggle: i watched this fight twice. vikas krishan got his ass handed to him. he fought a good first round by turtling up and landing a few counters but that style was never gonna hold up for 3 rounds. sure enough, by the end of the third he could barely stand up straight. he spat his mouthpiece out, and that was out of desperation because he was getting hurt and needed a stoppage, he was struggling to move - either way, the ref messed up by not warning him for that. vikas spent the ENTIRE THIRD ROUND holding onto spence because his body had been pulverized by all those big body shots, that should have been a warning as well. didn't land anything in the 3rd, yet somehow won the round??!!!! LMFAO. how do you win a round without landing anything? spence landed more clean shots and completely outboxed him from the outside in the 2nd and 3rd, it wasn't even close. i was surprised he didn't get a knockdown, to be honest. it's amazing how ****ed up the scoring is, they gave vikas 13 points, but he didn't even land 13 punches in the whole fight, LOL. even the ref even raised spence's hand and looked surprised when the red corner was called the winner. absolute joke. this happened before with a japanese guy, who beat the living **** out of his opponent in the 3rd but still ended up losing. that was overturned, and i am glad this one was too. justice. indian boxing gains nothing from fraudulent results like these, wouldn't you rather have a guy advancing on merit than on bullshit scoring?