Andrew Flintoff back with a hunger

King

It has been more than a year since Andrew Flintoff last played for England at home and in that time his reputation, both on and off the field, has taken a bit of a battering. More... Andrew Flintoff back with a hunger By Nick Hoult Last Updated: 11:59pm BST 19/08/2007 form.gifHave your say comments.gifRead comments It has been more than a year since Andrew Flintoff last played for England at home and in that time his reputation, both and off the field, has sustained a couple of bruises. Video: Collingwood interview First there was the Ashes whitewash and then the fall-out from the pedalo incident during the World Cup, which cost him his job as England's vice-captain. Since then an operation on his left ankle has forced him to spend the summer in the gym, but tomorrow he will return to the England team for the opening NatWest series one-day international at the Rose Bowl. Making up for lost time and proving the odd point or two will be high on his agenda. "I think the most frustrating thing for me was how I was playing and the things that had happened when I got injured," he said. "The quickest and best way for me to rectify those things was getting back out on the cricket field and performing, and I was not given that chance through injury. But now I'm here, I'm fit and I'm looking forward to playing. "Today [returning to England training yesterday] is a day I've been looking forward to for a long time. I've been on another rehab programme, getting my ankle right and it's nice to be back in England colours." Flintoff's last appearance for England on home soil was the final Test against Sri Lanka at Trent Bridge in June 2006, after which he missed the rest of that summer with another ankle operation. His last one-day international in England was over two years ago against Australia. "I think when you have periods of not playing well and periods of injury, then you actually sit around and realise how much the game means to you," he said. "You get almost jealous when you see the side winning and they've got celebrations going on, but you're not involved. "I've got a huge hunger to play in a winning England side again, I've got a hunger for me to perform as well - I'm 29, but everyone talks about me as if I'm 38. I feel my best years are in front of me and I'm doing my damnedest to show that." Flintoff will be wearing specially developed boots to try to ease the pressure on the left ankle, which has plagued him for the past 18 months. It is a solution which has been tried before but Flintoff has dismissed suggestions he should reduce his workload. "Everything I've done the ankle's responded well to and we'll see what happens," he said.

i was watching star news today and they brought that old heated head to head gang/flintoff video of mumbai 02 and lords 02.. then they were like "kya dada is baar bhi england ko dikhaadenge apna kamaal" they also confirmed that flintoff won't be bowling much in this series.. may be not even once..

I'd like to see him in good form' date=' he is an exciting player to watch. I feel he is going to struggle in the next couple of series. He will need time to settle down after the injury in international cricket.[/quote'] For India's sake , he better struggle. P.S - Seeing this Indian team in action , my stomach burns further and further at our world cup performance. We deserved ATLEAST a semi-final berth , considering the crappy SL made it to the final. Somebody needs to change this stupid format of getting teams to qualify for the next round.