The sad story of an IT powerhouse called Bangalore

GautiMaan

If you decide to move to Bangalore, you should ask the state's political bosses a few questions. 1. Will you welcome me even if I am not a Kannadiga? 2. If there is an assault on my gated community by vested interests, will you take action swiftly? 3. If there is a (lawful) party at my place, will I be shielded from vigilante fringe groups? 4. Will you ensure local politicians, primarily MLAs and corporators, do not harass me on civic issues? 5. Will you also ensure protection to people from the northeast? 6. In short, will you enforce law and order? These six questions may be applied in different forms to different states across the country, but Karnataka is on the verge of getting a lead medal (the worst performance) for lawlessness. Perhaps the people of Bangalore expect too much since they are credited with global mindsets and, therefore, global benchmarks in every activity that entails citizens and officials. But what's wrong in demanding peace and order? What's wrong in setting a higher benchmark? Mangalore is a basket case in lawlessness. If there were a global program to aid and revive morally depraved regions of the world, then Mangalore would mop it all up. There has been no effort by the state BJP government since the first vigilante attack in 2009 and the second one a few days ago, to take action. Curiously, political leaders have made socially irresponsible statements blaming the youth for partying and pointing fingers at communities that are threatening Hindutva. ... On India's 65th birthday, hundreds of northeasterners (some reckon thousands) decided to flee Bangalore. They said they had been threatened and attacked. SMSes have been doing the rounds warning them of the dangers that await them in Bangalore. A Tibetan was attacked near Mysore. But the state government decided to act only when Bangalore's railway stations saw an exodus-like situation. You can call this intelligence failure. Or, you can call it a political impasse. ... http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/opinion/The-sad-story-of-an-IT-powerhouse-called-Bangalore/articleshow/15519696.cms
What the hell is going on?Why are north easteners being targetted in Bangalore?I've seen plenty of posts here supporting BJP,yet the state in which they recently acquired power seems to be the worst in law and order.

If they arrest someone from the community of peace lovers, do you think sickular brigade would let up the opportunity? These Haram zaades don't even have the guts to call out the people who are causing this. Its all "we as a society this..." and "society's responsibility that..." Yeh ******** tab tak baaz nahi aayenge, jab tak there isn't a Direct Action Day redux. Which is going to happen soon enough.

Threats to NE people were from Islamic groups. And this article is about Hindutva. For any uninitiated reader, it appears as though threats were issued by Hindu and Kannada groups. The whole article does NOT mention the word Islamic or Muslim. Nobody is even talking about Pune and Hyderabad incidents on NE Indians. This is definitely a propaganda.

So will the police not make any arrests during Dussera, Navratri, Holi, Diwali, Christmas, Buddha Jayanti??????? Cant *****ing believe CONgress gov can go to any length to please these rioters just bcoz they belong to a particular community and they are their vote banks! We seriously need to throw out this fake secular and real sickular C0Ngress in 2014 or earlier else within few decades, India will become another Islamic country for sure.

Threats to NE people were from Islamic groups. And this article is about Hindutva. For any uninitiated reader' date=' it appears as though threats were issued by Hindu and Kannada groups. The whole article does NOT mention the word Islamic or Muslim. Nobody is even talking about Pune and Hyderabad incidents on NE Indians. This is definitely a propaganda.[/quote'] Why on earth will Hindu or Kannda groups threatn NE people ?

So will the police not make any arrests during Dussera' date=' Navratri, Holi, Diwali, Christmas, Buddha Jayanti??????? Cant *****ing believe CONgress gov can go to any length to please these rioters just bcoz they belong to a particular community and they are their vote banks! We seriously need to throw out this fake secular and real sickular C0Ngress in 2014 or earlier else within few decades, India will become another Islamic country for sure.[/quote'] But what the **** has the BJP done so far?The alternative to Kaangress doesnt seem to be any better.

Nothing has happened in Bangalore, I mean I've not heard of any assault. Just exodus of ppl from NE on the basis of rumors and smses. Little the police/state can do apart from making assurances of protection really. Its pretty scared, and an indication of how scarred ppl from NE residing outside are mentally, that even rumors of violence are taken this seriously. However I feel the reaction is rather foolish.

Pune, known to be a communally peaceful city, wasn't spared either. Last week saw sporadic attacks on students from the northeast. A group of about 30 people attacked Premanand Khondram, an 18-year-old Class XII student from Manipur, last Thursday. The same boy was attacked in the evening by another group. While he filed a complaint in the evening, more students approached the police since the next day complaining of similar attacks and harassment. Premanand was the first to leave the city, three days ago, after he quit his course. The police arrested and later released over 30 people, many of them allegedly from Muslim community. The police found video clips, of the alleged atrocities in Assam, being shared among Muslim youth in Pune. http://m.economictimes.com/news/politics/nation/muslim-youth-in-pune-share-assam-video-over-2000-north-east-students-leave-city-after-last-weeks-stray-incidents/articleshow/15524035.cms

What the hell is going on?Why are north easteners being targetted in Bangalore?I've seen plenty of posts here supporting BJP' date='yet the state in which they recently acquired power seems to be the worst in law and order.[/quote'] Targeted? These are just rumors floating around .No one has been attacked.The article u have posted is very misleading .What action can the government take based on rumors.

Bangalore 17 August Mandal had been aware of rumours of an impending attack on Assamese living in the city, but it was only on Wednesday evening that he found himself at the receiving end. “It happened near the Lalbagh main entrance. We were returning home after buying some vegetables in the evening when a young man came running towards us and asked whether I was a Hindu or a Muslim. Then, he asked me to leave the city the moment I told him my name,” recounted Mandal. Soon after that, the attacks on his house began. “Throughout the night they kept throwing stones at our house. We didn’t dare switch on the lights. We even switched off our phones,” he said. While Mandal was threatened with dire consequences, P Basumatary was punched on the chest. Basumatary has been in the city for less than a month and works as a security guard. This incident too happened opposite the Lalbagh main gate. “This group of youngsters came running towards me. They started punching me first. Once they stopped, they caught my collar and asked me where I was from. I told them I hail from Odisha. I felt I would get into trouble if I told them I am from Assam. That’s when I decided to go home,” Basumatary said. According to another chemical factory worker living in Jiggani, who gave his first name as Santosh, said they ran away from the area after their friends were brutally beaten up. “I and two friend were returning home afterwork when a gang of 12 people surrounded us and tried to beat us up. I managed to flee, and returned with a few friends. However, the gang had left by then and my two friends were lying unconscious on the road. We took them to the hospital, had them treated, and brought them here to the railway station. They left yesterday (on Wednesday),” he said. When asked why none of them complained to the police, Mandal said, “How can we? Not only did these men threaten us, they knew my house, name and where I worked. These were locals and we know that the police usually takes the side of locals,” said Mandal. http://dnaindia.com/bangalore/report_bangalore-chaos-the-fear-is-for-real-they-said_1729035 Are these rumours which are being published on front page of popular dailies ? If yes then these articles are creating more panic and fear than the Smses .

Targeted? These are just rumors floating around .No one has been attacked.The article u have posted is very misleading.What action can the government take based on rumors
Maybe these are just rumours there have been too many incidents of moral policing and violence in Karnataka over the last few years