BCCI sacks Kapil, bans ICL players

Feed

This is disappointing indeed. BCCI is really messing up Indian cricket here. They have officially banned ICL and its player as well.
Terrible shortsightedness from BCCI. What is the harm in accepting ICL once they know that it is here to stay? ICL were willing to come under BCCI's umbrella but BCCI refused in its arrogance. What will happen if ICL takes off well, expands in next one year and lures all the domestic players? Why on earth can't BCCI think of things to happen in long term??
The saddest part is that all this has very little to do with cricket. It's more or less about television rights and monopoly. There are hundreds of cricket leagues operating in the world' date=' none of which has been outlawed by the BCCI.[/quote'] How will it affect BCCI's cricket rights? It'll just have one bidder less from next time on. Yes, monopoly will be reduced. But we don't want BCCI's monopoly. Why did it refuse ICL, working under its umbrella?

There can only be only one top dog. I think it will be cr#p if top players are all in different leagues. Dilutes the quality of the games and reduces player competitivnes. There already too many state teams in Inida, now with the ICL teams things will become worse. It will effect quality matches and so effect strength of indian team. Mean while the auusies will continue with the small amount of teams it has and highly competitive games. They will get stronger while we get weaker

Kapil wants to be sacked ......instead of resigning. That makes a good headline BCCI could have let Kapil to finish of his tenure till september...But they also want to make a statement... There is real battle going on behind the scenes which is good for cricket I think

am i the only one that supports bcci? like they cant admin. indian cricket for crap but ICL isnt actually going to improve indian cricket. its just causing disruptions within the indian, pak teams. all for some twenty20s that are going to be boring anyway, with like 6 washed out stars (barring yousuf) and useless wasted indian talent.. i hope the icl dies :finger: ADD: ah just read dsr's post above. good im not the only one.