India's hope- SRK

coffee_rules

SHould have gone to the WTF article of the day. But I thought it deserved a thread of it's own. Never before did an actor wear his religion on his sleeve. I hope they get some serious thinkers as leaders and not some powder puff. Just because he acted very well as a troubled muslim. doesn't mean he is entitled to play one in real-life. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Shobha_De_Indias_hope-_SRK/articleshow/2291647.cms India's hope- SRK 19 Aug 2007, 0152 hrs ISTspacer.gif,spacer.gifShobhaa De spacer.gif photo.cms?msid=1784511Printphoto.cms?msid=1784513Savephoto.cms?msid=1784493EMailphoto.cms?msid=2010364Write to Editor Tracking the trajectory of a superstar is always a fascinating sport. In Shah Rukh Khan’s case, timing, it would seem, is everything. Or nearly. The man gets it right most of the time, beating the law of averages and leading people to believe he is indeed Allah’s chosen one. A man with an important agenda (to save Islam and restore its tarnished glory). SRK is not just an actor but an influential agent for change. Over the past few years, his determination to extend the boundaries, explore new territories and work towards a plan, has become apparent in nearly every undertaking of his. Though he strenuously denies having political ambitions, his recent pronouncements and actions suggest to the contrary. It is as if he has taken a studied approach to the strategy, pondered hard and long and is now testing the waters... getting his toes wet before taking the plunge. Unlike Amitabh Bachchan, who dived straight into the deep end with disastrous consequences, SRK, ever the cool customer, is keeping ’em guessing. But a closer examination of his moves indicates he is ready for a spectacular debut. He has always claimed without a trace of embarrassment, “I am the best.†It is this non-apologetic, in-your-face braggadocio that has served him well as an actor. Chances are, it will see him through the next phase of the dual career that beckons.... Netagiri will suit him. It may well turn out to be his most significant role ever. Shah Rukh Khan is the Neo-Mussalman India has been waiting for. He wears his religion unabashedly on his sleeve and has referred to himself as ‘an ambassador for Allah’ in a recent interview. It is significant that he has switched from being a Raj, Rahul or Jai in his films and now prefers to be known as Kabir Khan (Chak De! India). Film industry gossip insists he has influenced his friend Karan Johar to name his next blockbuster; My Name is Khan, which is reportedly a New York-based film on terrorism and racial stereotyping, post 9/11. He has said in countless recent interviews that he is determined to challenge the international stereotype of every Muslim being a fundamentalist, terrorist or a hate-filled jehadi. His most recent hit (Chak De...); pretty much encapsulates his personal sentiments, which may be why he has delivered such a convincing performance as a Muslim coach, battling old demons of prejudice, hatred and suspicion. The pained expression in his eyes says it all in the last scene when he firmly shuts the door on his tainted past after regaining his reputation and self-respect. It is impossible to ignore the subtext and merely applaud the actor’s histrionics. Over the past few years, SRK-watchers have monitored his every ‘aadab’ and ‘salaam alaikum’ at high profile events and commented that he no longer greets fans or anybody else, with the more traditional ‘namastey’. He also makes it a point to acknowledge ‘Khudaa’s’ grace and blessings, each time he is complimented, besides vociferously articulating his feelings about the misrepresentation of Islam. These sentiments are heartfelt and undoubtedly sincere. They all add up to a whole when seen in a larger, political context. If SRK does contest an election in, say, Uttar Pradesh, he’ll win hands down. That’s a given. But will he, unlike some of his other film industry colleagues, succeed as a neta? Be the leader India’s young are desperately in search of? Chances are, he will. SRK has what it takes to be a 21st century politician, in the international mould. He is young, wealthy, successful and sharp. Like Obama. Above all, he has a dream. He is a man on a very special mission. As a modern Muslim, he has risen beyond the suffocating confines of religious narrow mindedness (his wife Gauri, is Hindu). SRK is India’s Big Brown Hope. He should go for it. And... his time starts now!

As a modern Muslim, he has risen beyond the suffocating confines of religious narrow mindedness (his wife Gauri, is Hindu). SRK is India’s Big Brown Hope. He should go for it. And... his time starts now!
If that is the part you want me to concentrate on Cricketics then I am afraid Shobha De has no clue whatsoever. For instance Aamir Khan has done everything SRK has. A good 10 years or so earlier to Chak De, Aamir had acted as the Police Officer who goes after Pakistani terrorist(Sarfarosh). That movie by John Mathew Mathan was a milestone in Bollywood cine history as for the first time Pakistan was named and not left as "parosi mulk". Then a year back Aamir also played the role of a Kashmiri Muslim terrorist who wants to destablish India(Fanaa). If marrying a Hindu is "modernism" of a Muslim then Aamir had done that before SRK as well. So I fail to see SRK as a path-breaker really. Not to mention I completely loath why only Muslims have to be microscoped as "modern". When was the last time we read about a "modern Hindu"? Or are we all modern Hindus in India? xxx

The whole thing about superficial actors hailed as community leaders just because they play some idealistic characters in movies and claiming they are the only hope for a lost nation....is idiotic... This is not some filmy article, but in the mainstream media on the occasion of 60th anniversay of India's Independence.

watching Chak-De last week, I feel it has hint of self-apology all over it. A classic way to conduct psy-ops upon Indian public by portraying in a movie.....Why to project a Muslim as victim?....that's disgusting as if each and every Muslim in India is a victim....Bollywood has sucked at bottom most level of self-apology. On reality...we have living examples like Mohd. Azaharuddin, who bedded with Dawood in Dubai and when finally after a series of failure removed from Captaincy, went on ranting that I am a Muslim that's why I was removed...why can't Bollywood select this as a theme? Can we Indians ever overcome our self-apologetic mindset?

A classic way to conduct psy-ops upon Indian public by portraying in a movie.....Why to project a Muslim as victim?....that's disgusting as if each and every Muslim in India is a victim....Bollywood has sucked at bottom most level of self-apology.
And why not? Last time I checked we had freedom of expression in India. Who, with all due respect, are you to say what needs to be projected or not??
On reality...we have living examples like Mohd. Azaharuddin, who bedded with Dawood in Dubai and when finally after a series of failure removed from Captaincy, went on ranting that I am a Muslim that's why I was removed...why can't Bollywood select this as a theme?
Who is stopping you? Why not you and your right wing brigade make a movie on that theme? Is Bollywood your servant? Go ask Modi to make a movie on that theme.
Can we Indians ever overcome our self-apologetic mindset?
We might, but we would not overcome our paranoia and hysteria as some of you often display. xxx

This is not some filmy article, but in the mainstream media on the occasion of 60th anniversay of India's Independence.
Thats because it was penned by Shobha De. Shobha De should stick to what she does best - write erotica. Aise bhi we men like a female who talks dirty :D

And why not? Last time I checked we had freedom of expression in India. Who, with all due respect, are you to say what needs to be projected or not??
yess saar...freedom of expression exists in India and we all are proud of it.....but with same due respect "freedom of expression" comes with a great responsibility....it should not be mis-used to conduct successful psy-ops.
Who is stopping you? Why not you and your right wing brigade make a movie on that theme? Is Bollywood your servant? Go ask Modi to make a movie on that theme.
What is "right wing brigade" for you is Junta Janarden for me, although most of people are brainwashed by psy-ops and media portrayal, history books etc. which are deeply influenced by self-apology and commies Marxian portrayal and practice of anything anti-Hindu being secular. And right wingers do not mis-use media and bollywood for conducting psy-ops.... all of India knows that Azhar was a proven match fixer and after many failures when removed resorted to religion rant. Azhar was far from being a victim...in fact he victimized Indian cricket.

yess saar...freedom of expression exists in India and we all are proud of it.....but with same due respect "freedom of expression" comes with a great responsibility....it should not be mis-used to conduct successful psy-ops.
Hahahaha..What a cop out. Here's something you and Hindu fanatics should do well to realize. You and every single citizen of India has equal rights, 1 vote. You are no different to any SRK saar.
What is "right wing brigade" for you is Junta Janarden for me, although most of people are brainwashed by psy-ops and media portrayal, history books etc. which are deeply influenced by self-apology and commies Marxian portrayal and practice of anything anti-Hindu being secular.
So I suppose as usual from a topic at hand(in this case Bollywood) you shall take me into another round of history/agrression/ROP/population bakwaas. Long story short you and likes of you would end up with a proud claim - Sorry I do not want to talk on the topic. :haha: Get your butt back to topic at hand Saar!
And right wingers do not mis-use media and bollywood for conducting psy-ops.... all of India knows that Azhar was a proven match fixer and after many failures when removed resorted to religion rant. Azhar was far from being a victim...in fact he victimized Indian cricket.
Hain..whatever happened to Modi making a movie on Azharuddin? Or Bal Thackeray? No takers from lungidhaari crew I take it. :haha::haha: And get this straight, Bollywood aint your servant. You dont like it dont watch it. End of the story. xxxx