Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

He can stay in the team as a keeper/bat but only just. His glovework is sloppy and his batting fails constantly, particulary overseas. His position would really be under the microscope. Kohli, Gambhir all could be skipper. at least they would care and be bothered. Rather then going through the motions Dhoni
Let Gauti get into some kind of form first,a captain needs confidence in himself.Virat is just too inexperienced imo. As of now Msd is the only plausible option we have,if he fails again then we might have to take the plunge with Kohli.

What a odd time to bring this topic and more worse are the reasons. Our poor results was because of the entire team not because of one player. I might have agreed to drop the entire 15 but replace only the captain hardly makes sense. And it makes even less sense when there are only worse captains (Gambhir, Sehwag) available. Kohli or Raina should and will be our next captains and imo if any change happens it should be them in line next. But right now they need to establish a place in the team first of all.

Let Gauti get into some kind of form first,a captain needs confidence in himself.Virat is just too inexperienced imo. As of now Msd is the only plausible option we have,if he fails again then we might have to take the plunge with Kohli.
The way I look at it is that we need to rebuild a team. There are 2 options, either what happened when Ganguly came at the helm or let MSD, who is a proven leader, to take it forward. We are devoid of options for sure so either we completely lose hopes on dhoni or, let him take it forward completely. MSD has taken the team forward in the ODIs with the help of new players and the older ones as well. And to all those who say that captains never survive a whitewash, even clive Lloyd did not resging when his team was completely whitewashed in Oz in 1975/76. I am not comparing MSD to a great captain like Lloyd or saying our team to THAT WI team, but stop using the words like shameless and gutless.
The way I look at it is that we need to rebuild a team. There are 2 options, either what happened when Ganguly came at the helm or let MSD, who is a proven leader, to take it forward. We are devoid of options for sure so either we completely lose hopes on dhoni or, let him take it forward completely. MSD has taken the team forward in the ODIs with the help of new players and the older ones as well. And to all those who say that captains never survive a whitewash, even clive Lloyd did not resging when his team was completely whitewashed in Oz in 1975/76. I am not comparing MSD to a great captain like Lloyd or saying our team to THAT WI team, but stop using the words like shameless and gutless.
Sorry to interrupt but I don't think Lloyd was whitewashed - I guess it was a 5-1 scoreline. :D
Talks About knee jerk reactionary replies. How is call for being fired as captain for an 8-0 defeat plus loss abroad in ODIs equated with whims and fancies.
Knee jerk reactions will receive knee jerk replies - get used to it or do not do the former. Can you prove that the losses were due to MS Dhoni's captaincy ONLY? Can you prove that we have someone better to turn it around? If not, we stop whining and get on with it. But you, keep on continuously asking for chop/change. One day Gambhir has captained next day Aaron to open the bowling attack. Good luck!
Knee jerk reactions will receive knee jerk replies - get used to it or do not do the former. Can you prove that the losses were due to MS Dhoni's captaincy ONLY? Can you prove that we have someone better to turn it around? If not, we stop whining and get on with it. But you, keep on continuously asking for chop/change. One day Gambhir has captained next day Aaron to open the bowling attack. Good luck!
If is is knee-jerk reaction, than should we wait until it becomes 0-16? How you can prove that some one else would have done better. Bottomline responsibility lies with captain and if results are not their he should resign as the leader of team. Period.
If is is knee-jerk reaction' date=' than should we wait until it becomes 0-16? How you can prove that some one else would have done better. Bottomline responsibility lies with captain and if results are not their he should resign as the leader of team. Period.[/quote'] It is not algebra that you solve a quadratic equation and receive the answer. The best person to judge is Dhoni - in fact, he says that if anyone else wants to do the job he is free to give up the responsibility. Who else can be made captain right now? I don't think anyone right know who can walk into that role.

But Dhoni's incompetent defensive captaincy can't be excused. He was pathetic with his strategies at most of the times. Was rightly blasted by Chappel a few times. Sure there are reasons for continuing with him as there is no one who can replace him, but don't make it sound like it wasn't his fault at all. His captaincy was poor.

If is is knee-jerk reaction' date=' than should we wait until it becomes 0-16? How you can prove that some one else would have done better. Bottomline responsibility lies with captain and if results are not their he should resign as the leader of team. Period.[/quote'] Ur expecting a captain to coax a team into winning ala Imran Khan,but remember this is not a bunch of rookies for Dhoni to do that,we had a world class batting lineup who shouldnt have to be motivated to do well,and firing the bowlers would be like flogging a dead horse,they just were'nt good enough
But Dhoni's incompetent defensive captaincy can't be excused. He was pathetic with his strategies at most of the times. Was rightly blasted by Chappel a few times. Sure there are reasons for continuing with him as there is no one who can replace him, but don't make it sound like it wasn't his fault at all. His captaincy was poor.
+1 No denying that fact, but calling for his head is premature ejaculation.
This i would agree with to an extent Dhoni did allow the opposition of the hook by allowing lower order partnerships to form in a few matches.

he should definitely quit.if the selectors have balls to ask Laxman to quit,why not Dhoni.the lack of options is a poor excuse.its not like there r ready replacements of RD,Lax.still we r ready to accept initial failures from young batsmen to groom them for overseas tour,why not do the same for Dhoni.Dhoni is a pathetic captain of fast bowlers.hes good only with spinners Kohli should be the man.I dont believe in u have to play certain games to be eligible.look at Graeme Smith.he also got captaincy very young n how well he has done.Kohli's place is certain in test team now n we need to give him the responsibilty.just bcoz Dhoni was good once upon a time doesnt mean he can go on forever