'Hitler' shop upsets Jewish community, others in Ahmedabad

1983-2011

Sree_OZ: Hitler is a hero in India because Mein Kampf is sold there. But, Mein Kampf is sold across the world including Australia. Sree_OZ: No it is not sold in Australia. It is banned by legislation. But, here are links of bookstores selling it. Sree_OZ: It's a Nazi conspiracy with messed up search engines. Okay, but they also show availability in stores. Sree_OZ: It's banned by legislation. Which legislation? Sree_OZ: I don't know but any country who sells it is a disgrace. Why did you single out and generalize against India? Sree_OZ: Blah Blah Blah. Chalo, thanks for the entertainment. Look forward to reading the legislation tomorrow. Later!
You should really change your name to "The_Misinformer", suits you better.

I call it the usual Gujju stupidity :--D , the man is low on General Knowledge although his business acumen would be second to none. Jokes aside, yes Hitler is indeed referred to India as a strict man. Even Hrishikesh Mukherjee used it in many of his movies, Golmaal for example. Although it beggars the question why would anyone want to name a shop after a strict man??? Back to Gujju stupidity then :secret:
There is show on ZeeTV called Hitler didi as she is considered strict, they call it General Didi outside India. Most Indians dont even know what Modi - Kangress do for real so why blame them for not knowing a german who died 7 decades ago. As to why they named it Hitler, IMO desis like to give their shops English names and probably they thought Hitler sounds cool :cantstop:

There is show on ZeeTV called Hitler didi as she is considered strict, they call it General Didi outside India. Most Indians dont even know what Modi - Kangress do for real so why blame them for not knowing a german who died 7 decades ago.
That is typical Indian caricature. Remember in Andaz Apna Apna, after getting a dressing down from Paresh Rawal (the accha waala London returned version) Aamir and Salman (Amar-Prem :haha: ) go - Saala Hitler. Amol Palekar goes "Kaun kahta hai ke kambhakt Hitler mar gaya" in Golmaal. So yeah Hitler equates to strictness in Indian movie culture. That being said I am still not sure why anybody would tag his dukaan ka naam as strict. Gujju stupidity (for Laloo) :hehe:

Yeah, that's true. School level books in India mainly focus on World War II in the context of Hitler. There is little mention of the holocaust.
Which is terrible. The material in our text books was of the kind that makes him a hero in the minds of teenage boys. Conquest of France in six weeks, invading Russia with the largest land army in history and so on. If holocaust was mentioned at all, I can't remember it. It is not a trivial topic to be described in a paragraph anyway. Unless you read a lot of history, the impressions created in the school are hard to change.

Speaking of things named after people...Well, India has national awards ,stadiums, airports, schools named after Rajiv Gandhi following the 1984 genocide of the Sikhs and his comments 'When a big tree falls, the ground shakes' in an attempt to justify the organized and planned mass killings of Sikhs in 1984

Hey, Sree still waiting for your 'legislation' but in the mean while I got a reply to my query about the availability of the book in your local bookstore:

Dymocks Albury 12:38 AM (1 hour ago) to me Yes we have a copy From: Shwetabh Singh [mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wed 29/08/2012 11:50 PM To: Dymocks Albury Subject: Mein Kampf Hi, Just wanted to confirm if you have an available copy of Mein Kampf at the Dean Street store location? Thanks. Shwetabh.

Hey' date=' Sree still waiting for your 'legislation' but in the mean while I got a reply to my query about the availability of the book in your local bookstore:[/quote'] Amusing but pointless, my original position of the book not allowed to be freely available still stands. Maybe Dymocks are in a better position to answer about the legislation since they stock it! I am not a spokesperson for Dymocks!

Amusing but pointless, my original position of the book not allowed to be freely available still stands. Maybe Dymocks are in a better position to answer about the legislation since they stock it! I am not a spokesperson for Dymocks!
A major bookstore has said that they carry it in stock in their stores and your point still stands! :laugh: If you let me know about the fairy tale legislation I can ask them?:hysterical: