Saeed ajmal v Ashwin

panther

That is straightening of the arm at the time of delivery and is throwing. Here's the definition of throwing/chucking... "In the sport of cricket, throwing, commonly referred to as chucking, is an illegal bowling action which occurs when a bowler straightens their arm when delivering the ball" Here's more details... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throwing_(cricket) That straightening of the arm between frames 4 and 5 is exactly what's termed chucking/throwing.
Law says: Current regulations of the International Cricket Council (ICC) set the legal limit of 15 degrees of permissible straightening of the elbow joint for all bowlers in international cricket. This law applies between the point at which the bowling arm passes above shoulder height and the point at which the ball is released. May b I am not getting it properly, please tell me in shots above where starts the "point at which the bowling arm passes above shoulder height"?

I do not know why you guys can not understand that you can not use a 2D video,image or a naked eye to understand that a bowler is straightening his arm beyond 15 degrees [1].

The difference between a bent arm and one that straightens ought to be, well, straightforward. But judging with the naked eye how many degrees an arm has extended while taking issues such as abduction and wrist rotation into account, not so much. In other words, you can't trust the naked eye where chucking is concerned. So it's time to take the responsibility for reporting bowlers out of the hands of the on-field umpires, who have quite enough on their plate already and simply don't have the tools at their disposal to make a decision that could seriously affect someone's career.
[1] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16939154 [2] http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304811304577365540073185280.html
Law says: Current regulations of the International Cricket Council (ICC) set the legal limit of 15 degrees of permissible straightening of the elbow joint for all bowlers in international cricket. This law applies between the point at which the bowling arm passes above shoulder height and the point at which the ball is released. May b I am not getting it properly, please tell me in shots above where starts the "point at which the bowling arm passes above shoulder height"?
In the pics you posted, frame 2 is the point where arm is about to go above the shoulder. Any bend should not be more than 15 degrees beyond this point. Frames 3 and 4 still show the elbow/arm bent way more than 15 degrees which is straightened in frame 5. This straightening is more than 15 degrees.
In the pics you posted' date=' frame 2 is the point where arm is about to go above the shoulder. Any bend should not be more than 15 degrees beyond this point. Frames 3 and 4 still show the elbow/arm bent way more than 15 degrees which is straightened in frame 5. This straightening is more than 15 degrees.[/quote'] Right, now my final point: You know They have done all the 'mechanics' with Ajmal to verify his bowling action and have explained more than once how it is absolutely Legal, so shouldn't that b enough for all of us to get relax specially when more than one bowler been sanctioned so why they will treat Ajmal differently? (any kaanspiracy or what?) ok whatever it is here lets all supposedly get agree his action is illegal and ICC is reluctant in penalizing him due to any xyz reason but even in that case, from all of us shouldnt it be ICC :protest: instead of Ajmal :protest:

So here is the question and this is for any bowler who had a suspect action and not just Ajmal what if ICC clears them after all their bio-mechanaic mumbo-jumbo and then the bowler goes back and chucks his way to glory in a game on the basis that the ICC has cleared him....Obiously there is no benchmark to track every ball for chucking in a match :blink:

I browsed through a few memorable threads on the forum that shall not be named. Couple of comparison threads where our law abiding Pakis were livid that Murali could even be named in the same sentence as Warne and - hold your breath - maulana Saqlain. And look the Pakis in this thread now! Citing biomechanics authorities like George Dobell to make the feeble case for Ajmal. Such a principled lot!
^ u tell what should be done?
Right' date=' now my final point: [b']You know They have done all the 'mechanics' with Ajmal to verify his bowling action and have explained more than once how it is absolutely Legal, so shouldn't that b enough for all of us to get relax specially when more than one bowler been sanctioned so why they will treat Ajmal differently? (any kaanspiracy or what?) ok whatever it is here lets all supposedly get agree his action is illegal and ICC is reluctant in penalizing him due to any xyz reason but even in that case, from all of us shouldnt it be ICC :protest: instead of Ajmal :protest:
Ajmal will have to bear the cross just like Murali did. Even though ICC is more to blame for the issue but Ajmal is what people see and it's clear the whole process regarding "throwing" is broken. Are you naive enough to believe that players bowl the same way they would in an intl match when facing the prospect of defeat and bowling to the likes of Kohli, Dhoni or Sehwag? Hell, I can bowl left handed in the lab if I have to! ICC should have left the law as it was - if umps see it they call it. It worked to have chuckers like Griffith and Meckiff banned so why not follow the same? Also, now this chucking law is a joke as anyone can blatantly chuck and nothing will happen coz they go to the lab, bowl cleanly without any pressure, get a clean chit and are back.

I think any bowler who had been reported by umpires should not be allowed to bowl that ball for which they have been reported. This all 15 degrees mumbo jumbo started in the first place to accommodate Murali and now he has set a legacy for chuckers. In testing conditions these chuckers make sure they stay within limits even when bowling Doosra, so once reported ban that bowler from bowling that delivery.

It is not Ajmal's fault.
It's not his fault but at the same time it doesn't change the fact that Ajmal is a chucker. If Rajesh Chauhan and Mohnish Parmar's careers could be finished coz of throwing allegations and coz Parmar bowled like Murali, why should others get preferential treatment? Also, is it fair on other teams to have "clean" bowlers when another team plays a chucker?
It's not his fault but at the same time it doesn't change the fact that Ajmal is a chucker. If Rajesh Chauhan and Mohnish Parmar's careers could be finished coz of throwing allegations and coz Parmar bowled like Murali' date=' why should others get preferential treatment? Also, is it fair on other teams to have "clean" bowlers when another team plays a chucker?[/quote'] Pawned.Period.:hysterical:
Ajmal will have to bear the cross just like Murali did. Even though ICC is more to blame for the issue but Ajmal is what people see and it's clear the whole process regarding "throwing" is broken. Are you naive enough to believe that players bowl the same way they would in an intl match when facing the prospect of defeat and bowling to the likes of Kohli' date=' Dhoni or Sehwag? Hell, I can bowl left handed in the lab if I have to! ICC should have left the law as it was - if umps see it they call it. It worked to have chuckers like Griffith and Meckiff banned so why not follow the same? Also, now this chucking law is a joke as anyone can blatantly chuck and nothing will happen coz they go to the lab, bowl cleanly without any pressure, get a clean chit and are back.[/quote'] Well as for as the Ajmal I know, he won't ever bother what his pro vs anti fans saying on internet forums, he'll continue his job in 'chill mode' :D cz he consider this piece of information enough that he's been cleared by ICC, its we the internet warriors who'll continue :fight: throughout his career...
Well as for as the Ajmal I know' date=' he won't ever bother what his pro vs anti fans saying on internet forums, he'll continue his job in 'chill mode' :D cz he consider this piece of information enough that he's been cleared by ICC, its we the internet warriors who'll continue :fight: throughout his career...[/quote'] That's how it should be. If I were in Ajmal's place I would do the same. But as a cricket fan I will always consider him a chucker and opinions wil always be divided about him.
Well as for as the Ajmal I know' date=' he won't ever bother what his pro vs anti fans saying on internet forums, he'll continue his job in 'chill mode' :D cz he consider this piece of information enough that he's been cleared by ICC, its we the internet warriors who'll continue :fight: throughout his career...[/quote'] So these are the words left for you to say....but yeah, Ajmal is a good bowler,,but this comparison with Ashwin is just an attempt made by the thread starter to project the greatness of your team's best bowler...:girly1: