Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/579974.html
Do you see Zaheer Khan going to South Africa in 2013? (24.23 - 25.37) SM: This is why I keep disappointed with the thought process of the selectors. When I saw Zaheer in Australia, I could see he was not capable anymore of taking the burden of all three forms of cricket. The selectors had to talk to him and ask him the format of his choice. If I was a selector: no more one-day cricket for Zaheer, keep him fresh only for Test matches. SB: Zaheer playing one-day cricket makes no sense. He's not going to play the next World Cup. And what about Sachin Tendulkar? (25.38 - 28.39) SM: There are two important players who need to go to South Africa - Zaheer and Tendulkar. I cannot imagine the Indian batting team going to South Africa without Tendulkar in their team. These are two players that the selectors have to protect. Tell them, "we want you on the tour to South Africa and that's how we're going to plan your workload." It will be one of his [Tendulkar's] toughest challenges. Tendulkar now is a solid batsman. He's not so much as defensive as Dravid was but he's become a proper, solid defensive player with a solid defence against pace and bounce. A lot of our younger players come with a short-ball problem, Tendulkar doesn't have that. His work ethic is so good. Throw him a challenge, tell him now that you want him there and he'll plan his cricket accordingly. Even in Australia, where everyone was failing, Tendulkar's footwork was the best of the lot. SB: If Tendulkar is playing the whole of the home season, he is almost obliged to go to South Africa. You can't play 10 Tests here and not go to South Africa, because then suddenly a new guy will come in and bat at No.4. He almost owes it to Indian cricket that he goes to South Africa if he plays the home season.
Question:If Sachin doesnt find form in the home season,should he still go to SA considering he will be 40 when we tour them?Manju finds it unimagineable without him.

Won't think of retirement as long as I enjoy the game: Sachin

His contemporaries like Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman may have hung up their bats but veteran cricketer Sachin Tendulkar says he continues to enjoy his game and is not even thinking about retirement at the moment. "As long as there is a reason to wake up with a reason in the morning, it makes sense in continuing. The day I don't enjoy wielding a bat in my hands, I will think otherwise. But that moment hasn't come as yet. When I will get that feeling, I will confirm on that," Tendulkar said after receiving the 'Test Cricketer of 2011' trophy at the Castrol awards function in Bangalore last night. Tendulkar has been in international cricket for over two decades with a century of international hundreds under his belt. Meanwhile, receiving a special award for notching up a double ton in and ODI match against Sri Lanka, opener Virender Sehwag said his next target is to play 100 Tests for the country. Talking about his ODI double hundred, Sehwag said he did not give any room to the bowlers. "If the ball is there to hit along the fence or over it, I do that without much thinking," he said. Sehwag said he was a bit superstitious when Tendulkar neared his first double ton in one-day internationals. "We all thought even if Sachin gets out on 190s, we will all stand up and clap anyhow. But when he got there, all players and sports staff gathered at the players balcony and applauded his achievement. That feeling cannot be expressed," he said. Receiving the 'Performance Under Pressure' Award, opener Gautam Gambhir said last two Twenty20 World Cups were disappointing for India after winning the first and the team would play well in the upcoming edition in Sri Lanka. "I am not sure of winning the cup. It is not in our hands, but will put up a good show in the upcoming T20 World Cup to be played in Sri Lanka," he said.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Cricket/CricketNews/Won-t-think-of-retirement-as-long-as-I-enjoy-the-game-Sachin/Article1-921632.aspx

If both of them are still there for SA then something is very wrong in Indian cricket. If Zak is so valuable make him bowling coach, he is just not fit enough to last one full test forget one full year. Everyone needs to get over this Tendulkar mania common the man is 39 years old now.

Sachin and Zaheer both played in the 4 tests in Australia, didn't prevent a whitewash. Not sure if a 35 yr old Zaheer and 41 year old Sachin will help us avoid another looming whitewash in SA. I would Much rather go in with a younger team. Hopefully next year BCCI will send an A team to SA in the off season.

Manju is expert in coming out with ridiculous statements calling test in India as grade two and tests in England Australia and SA as grade 1. Who needs enemies to discredit Indian wins at home when guys like this exist.This fricking loser never won anything in his life has now audacity to dismiss Indian wins at home.