Who will win the 2012 US Presidential Elections?

Sachin=GOD

Who will win the 2012 US Presidential Elections?  

1. 1.

Its not over' date=' not by long shot. :fear:[/quote'] I agree, its important to note that the two legitimate daily polls gallop and Rasmussen both actually have the race pretty close and historically democratic turnout is overestimated and republican turnout is underestimated. Its not over but the Obama is the odds on favorite.

What's really the use of these debates? You don't win anything but I admit that you can lose a lot (particularly if bad answers said) The body language issue is over rated as there are tons of experts who will offer different theories. It is basically based on hindsight in reality.

What's really the use of these debates? You don't win anything but I admit that you can lose a lot (particularly if bad answers said) The body language issue is over rated as there are tons of experts who will offer different theories. It is basically based on hindsight in reality.
For Romeny these debates are really his last chance of reviving a floundering campaign. As for Obama, I agree with you, he cannot win anything but he can definitely lose a lot. Those "experts" don't really matter. Its how the general public perceive a candidate's performance that matters - I read somewhere that Al Gore (who is definitely smarter than George Bush) was perceived to have lost a Presidential debate to Bush simply because it looked like he was condescending at times and then there was Richard Nixon who lost to the greenhorn JFK because he looked uncomfortable during the debate while JFK was supremely confident!!!

For Romeny these debates are really his last chance of reviving a floundering campaign. As for Obama, I agree with you, he cannot win anything but he can definitely lose a lot. Those "experts" don't really matter. Its how the general public perceive a candidate's performance that matters - I read somewhere that Al Gore (who is definitely smarter than George Bush) was perceived to have lost a Presidential debate to Bush simply because it looked like he was condescending at times and then there was Richard Nixon who lost to the greenhorn JFK because he looked uncomfortable during the debate while JFK was supremely confident!!!
I am not sure about body language part. That usually depends on the results themselves and thus based on hindsight. Just see Dhoni as an example, we hear that he is captain cool when we won. Similarly he doesn't care, lack ideas etc when we lose. Anyways, I think these debates are all about showing "connection" with the general public. Wish we had them in India elections as well as it would expose many.

I am not sure about body language part. That usually depends on the results themselves and thus based on hindsight. Just see Dhoni as an example, we hear that he is captain cool when we won. Similarly he doesn't care, lack ideas etc when we lose. Anyways, I think these debates are all about showing "connection" with the general public. Wish we had them in India elections as well as it would expose many.
that would be hilarious. Just imagine MMS/Rahul Baba/Sonia Gandhi/Pranab (before he become Prez) going one on one with the likes of Lk Advani/Arun Jaitly/Sushma Swaraj/Modi - the Indian National Congress would be humiliated on National Television :giggle:

Obama campaign breaks fund-raising record Washington (CNN) – The Obama re-election team raised more money last month than any campaign has brought in this election cycle, a Democratic source familiar with the fund-raising totals confirmed to CNN. The campaign's September total is expected to exceed $150 million, the source said. That would top the previous monthly record of $114 million for Obama, set in August. Officials refused to comment on campaign fund-raising numbers as the donations are still being counted. The fund-raising information was first reported by the Wall Street Journal earlier Thursday. Making sure each campaign has plenty of cash is key as the critical final weeks of the campaign approach - especially with a vigorous and now escalating TV ad battle ongoing in at least eight swing states. September started with the Democratic National Convention and a well-received speech by former president Bill Clinton resulting in a bounce in the president's poll numbers. That helped solidify support for the re-election effort. Obama is jointly raising money with the Democratic National Committee just as Mitt Romney is doing so with the Republican National Committee. For Obama, August reversed a trend of several months in which Republicans out-raised the Democrats on the presidential front. Romney brought in $112 million in August. For the first time in history neither major presidential nominee is accepting federal matching funds in the general election campaign, only intensifying the chase for dollars. One advantage for the president has been his ability to attract more small donors who can repeatedly give while the Romney campaign has drawn more large dollar contributors. Obama's campaign earlier this week announced it raised money from more than 10 million individual donors. Romney officials have not yet indicated what their September fund-raising totals. Both campaigns have until October 20 to report their tallies to the Federal Election Commission. cnn Obama is expected to cross the 1 billion$ mark in donations soon :ohmy: