Blog: Urban Gypsy | Girl Molested in Delhi Metro General Compartment

Stuge

Lol apologies to literalists! No one is advocating public castration as the way forward. What was the motivation behind my post was that women need a means of fighting back against these creeps in public. Society conditions women to be demure and look toward men for protection. This is demonstrably not happening. So a role model like the one in my post which encourages women to take charge of the situation is what is needed. Pepper spray will do very well. Also, the light stinging that neighbouring passengers will experience will motivate them, over time, to handle the abuser themselves just to avoid getting stung in the mist again.

Radhika' date=' pepper sprays are a good enough safety precaution. Think about it - knives instead of providing safety to the girl can in fact endanger her life.[/quote'] May be not a knife but I think they should be allowed to use normal objects like keys or pens to sort out such pigs.What is required is making it legal to harm someone when they physically outrage your body. A few gouged eyes and a few family jewels impaled by hairpins will sort the problem out faster than any policing . I have a mausi who travelled in DTC buses during her school and college days. Her trusted friend was a long safety pin that she held in her hand quite visible to any one wanting to do some forced public loving. She was pretty happy with the result. That is what the pigs need.

May be not a knife but I think they should be allowed to use normal objects like keys or pens to sort out such pigs.What is required is making it legal to harm someone when they physically outrage your body. A few gouged eyes and a few family jewels impaled by hairpins will sort the problem out faster than any policing . I have a mausi who travelled in DTC buses during her school and college days. Her trusted friend was a long safety pin that she held in her hand quite visible to any one wanting to do some forced public loving. She was pretty happy with the result. That is what the pigs need.
Yeah, those kind of things work as well. But IMO, the best defense is a pepper spray: 1. It can be used on multiple people. 2. It gives more than enough time to run away. 3. It carried little to no chance of a law proceeding being brought against you even by those high up in power. 4. Most importantly it has the smallest risk of being used against you. With knives and any other such objects there is always the danger that the molesters or pigs as you appropriately call them can get a hold it and use it against you. With a pepper spray the chances are minimal because all you have to do is to press down on it to finish it off.

What India needs is more and more survillance (CCTV etc.). The more the merries. Even if you manage save yourself by attacking on these cowards, they might stalk you again if you are regularily using the same way to & fro... More and more survillance is the best way to deter trouble makers...Because they will be caught anytime in future if a complaint is made.

Pepper spray is fine but it just means you avoid the confrontation and run.What is needed is a fight back by a large number of woman saying...enough! If you touch us against our wish...we can hurt you too.Physical hurt for the physiological scars these incidences give the victims.Believe me...if a few guys are hurt where it hurts most...the mothers in this nation will be advising their sons to stay away from women....beta ladkiyon se door hoke khade hona....hath apni jab mein rakhna....l:)

Pepper spray is fine but it just means you avoid the confrontation and run.What is needed is a fight back by a large number of woman saying...enough! If you touch us against our wish...we can hurt you too.Physical hurt for the physiological scars these incidences give the victims.Believe me...if a few guys are hurt where it hurts most...the mothers in this nation will be advising their sons to stay away from women....beta ladkiyon se door hoke khade hona....hath apni jab mein rakhna....l:)
Arre, after a proper pepper spray in the eyes the guy will be staggering for a good 15-20 minutes. Enough time to get help . I am not doubting your intentions but in your eagerness to cause them long lasting physical harm you are ignoring the potential physical harm to the girl which can be caused by knives and such things. For me, that would be an even bigger tragedy.

girls need to be physically stronger as well.in this craze of being size zero' date='they become very weak:D[/quote'] Totally agree...girls need to be taught to be tough from day one. They should be tough to fight like ruffians when the need arises.woman worry too much about being unlady like.There is a time for being graceful and there is a time for fighting like an enraged gorilla. Even in non serious fights...(not involving criminals) girls tend to fight silly.....pull hair and pinch.We should learn to punch ,kick ,poke and spit on the face of the offender.....learn to fight men like men.

Totally agree...girls need to be taught to be tough from day one. They should be tough to fight like ruffians when the need arises.woman worry too much about being unlady like.There is a time for being graceful and there is a time for fighting like an enraged gorilla. Even in non serious fights...(not involving criminals) girls tend to fight silly.....pull hair and pinch.We should learn to punch ,kick ,poke and spit on the face of the offender.....learn to fight men like men.
You can always find a real "man" or hire a tapori lilke Pace Attack and let him do the dirty work for you :--D

May be not a knife but I think they should be allowed to use normal objects like keys or pens to sort out such pigs.What is required is making it legal to harm someone when they physically outrage your body. A few gouged eyes and a few family jewels impaled by hairpins will sort the problem out faster than any policing . I have a mausi who travelled in DTC buses during her school and college days. Her trusted friend was a long safety pin that she held in her hand quite visible to any one wanting to do some forced public loving. She was pretty happy with the result. That is what the pigs need.
Though these *******s deserve every bit of physical retribution coming their way, the only problem I see is that the actual force of the application of the sharp object will depend on how brave or aggressive the individual woman is feeling at the moment. A jab not hard enough and the perp will fight back with anger. A pepper can will unfailingly spray the required dosage at the press of a button and take that ***** down every single time.

Arre' date=' after a proper pepper spray in the eyes the guy will be staggering for a good 15-20 minutes. Enough time to get help . I am not doubting your intentions but in your eagerness to cause them long lasting physical harm you are ignoring the potential physical harm to the girl which can be caused by knives and such things. For me, that would be an even bigger tragedy.[/quote'] A few tragedies may happen which are happening in any case.If there is a fight back...then it will put the fear of retaliation in the pigs who dare to do this only in the security of a crowd ....the cowards who take a chance because they feel they will get away because the woman will be more embarrassed to fight back or fight back meekly. When they risk long term damage...they may resist the chance to misbehave. The serious criminal cannot be fought back...they need the spray followed by police help. Women should be able to feel free and and know that they can fight back with the law behind them.

I was in a theater last month. During the interval, two 16 year old boys upper pinched a girl who was wearing a tight sleeve less T shirt and jeans. I am just wondering if she was wearing a normal dress these boys would not have done this. Just my thought...!! Girls should be little careful in wearing these dresses in public as all the hormone driven teenagers waiting for a chance to molest a girl. Or maybe, I am just an idiot.