'Can't live in past glory' - Harbhajan back in the India Twenty20 squad, looking to make a fresh start

King Khan

144036.jpg

Harbhajan Singh, who is back in the India Twenty20 squad for the upcoming New Zealand series and the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka after spending more than a year out of the team, has said that he is looking to make a fresh start and is not depending on his past laurels.

"It's always tough when you are out," Harbhajan told PTI. "Making a comeback is tougher than earning your maiden international call. It involves a lot of things. When you're out, you get injured and then again out. It's always been challenging. "You cannot live in the past glory. For anyone, it does not depend what you've done in the past but what you do in the present and future."
Harbhajan's last international appearance was in the Trent Bridge Test during India's tour of England in August 2011. A spate of injuries and a dip in form thereafter left him out of reckoning from the national squad. After below par returns during the IPL, Harbhajan set out for a stint playing county cricket for Essex, which helped him get his confidence back. After the news of his selection, he starred in a pro-40 match for Essex with a five-wicket haul.
"I won't say it was frustrating but at times it's difficult not being part of the side for so long. But you're used to the set up. Not only me, it can happen to anyone. You are always going to have ups and downs. But when you get the opportunity, you have to stand up and take it in your stride."
Harbhajan said that the upcoming Twenty20s are going to herald a new chapter in his career. "I had the willpower and the desire to wear the India jersey again - it's the biggest thing for me. It makes me proud," he said. "It's not that I was dropped for the first time last year. But it has been for the longest period of time. It makes you feel as if you are doing it for the first time."
"I was ready to work hard and take challenge. You get your family and friends' support, but at the end of the day you're all alone fighting it out there in the middle. With Almighty's help, I'm here again and now I'm looking forward towards doing well."
cricinfo

i dont think he will make the first team Sehwag Gambhir Kohli Yuvi Tiwary Dhoni Raina Pathan Ashwin Zaheer Dinda/Balaji this will mostly be the team.Bhajji will warm the bench MSD likes to do with three seamers 1 spinner and the part time of Sehwag Raina and maybe Yuvi Maybe Bhajji can work on his water boy skills.

IMO the only way imo bhajji plays is if India decides to play 5 bowlers which means axe Tiwary and play Bhajji down the order. Bhajji himself is not mug with the bat. However i think thats dependent on the form of the top 6. Especially Yuvi. If Yuvi is in sensational form or even decent form I see no need personally to play Tiwary. or we play ashwin and bhajji as Dinda /Balaji are just to expensive. but will be mad at MSD if Bhajji plays in place of Irfan Ashwin or Zaheer or if Yuvi fails we still play with 5 bowlers.

Bhaji did well for 2 years after T20 WC recall in 07'. He will repeat that, he has the ability. However not everyone has the ability to get 400 wickets, spinners especially start of well but are not able to maintain. Thats what will happen to Ash. And his average batting is only high cause of not outs, Bhaji has 2 100s. Bhaji>Ashwin, not even up for discussion /thread

He said 'when on song'..how cleverly you edited that part...typical Ashwin fan :giggle: so paranoid about Bhajji being selected back to T20s...don't worry tambi..Harbhajan is most likely done...Ashwin is doing fine...just relax :icflove:
Lol... that was not the intention. I'm no Ashwin fan.:nono: I was just repudiating the notion that Ashwin is no test player. Ashwin hasn't done jack outside the SC, so he needs to prove himself. Bhajji has achieved a lot more than Ashwin has and noone doubts or questions that. But I am unwilling to accept that adding a "when on song" before a player's potential performances is a valid argument. In that case "when on song" Sir Jadeja is our best spin bowler. How do you like that? :giggle: Btw..i'm no "tambi" but I can see that you're definitely a "Paaji":kxip:
Bhaji did well for 2 years after T20 WC recall in 07'. He will repeat that, he has the ability. However not everyone has the ability to get 400 wickets, spinners especially start of well but are not able to maintain. Thats what will happen to Ash. And his average batting is only high cause of not outs, Bhaji has 2 100s. Bhaji>Ashwin, not even up for discussion /thread
Ability is not being questioned here but the probability of him performing is. I would be glad if he picks up a 5-fer tomorrow.
What a childish AVI :giggle: Please keep your "opinion" to yourself. Bhaji>Ashwin
I thought the point of this forum was for Indian cricket fans to have an open & honest discussion about Indian cricket. If you're so easily offended by my opinions please feel free not to indulge me. Unlike you I'm rooting for India... not just Punjab. :finger: