Iphone 5 announced

rkt.india

Phone depends on what you use for. My niece looked at the apps.. and told me "why do you even haven an Iphone..?" there it is.. i thought i am using lot of apps. She thinks i don't need iphone to use just these apps. Definitely among the school students iphone is overwhelmingly popular.
yup , suits the kids more . I dont think i have the time for that many "cool" apps .

BTW I have never seen threads criticizing samsung every time it releases one of its phone (copied :P )
They dont leave much space to criticize especially with SGS3. There is nothing copied in that phone, from OS to design, all created by lawyers. :winky:

Apple says iPhone 5 is the thinnest smartphone in the world, turns out it isnÃÕ

AppleÃÔ Phil Schiller called the new iPhone 5 ÅÕhe worldÃÔ thinnest smartphone? but many makers have made that claim for many phones. It happens often and sometimes itÃÔ not true. So, how does the new iPhone stack up against the competition? IÃ×e prepared a table with every ÅØorldÃÔ thinnest smartphone we could dig up plus various high-end phones that are competing with AppleÃÔ latest flagship. Phone So, no the iPhone 5 isnÃÕ the thinnest smartphone in the world. As far as currently available devices go, the Fujitsu Arrows F-07D takes that title. Sure, itÃÔ not an easy phone to get hold of, but it exists. And there are at least a couple of other phones that will soon be available and are thinner than the iPhone 5. Note that IÃÎ not counting the Motorola RAZR because the top part of the phone is much thicker than the claimed 7.1mm (even though the part where you actually hold the phone is really that slim).
http://blog.gsmarena.com/apple-says-iphone-5-is-the-thinnest-smartphone-in-the-world-turns-out-it-isnt/

The disappointing iPhone 5: Is Apple falling behind the competition?

The latest addition to Apple's handset family was finally revealed Wednesday after months of hysterical second-guessing. The verdict so far? A collective "meh" Is the iPhone still king? More than a few critics were let down Wednesday when Apple revealed a slightly thinner, slightly faster device that wasn't quite as groundbreaking as many hoped. (Read a full rundown of the iPhone 5's new features here.) Some observers saw Apple's biggest change a screen-size bump from 3.5 inches to 4 inches as a begrudging concession to the Android ethos that bigger really is better, at a time when phones like Samsung's Galaxy S III are pushing screens nearly 5 inches. Is the once-pioneering iPhone, currently lagging behind Android in terms of sales, now playing catch-up to the competition? The iPhone 5 was certainly a letdown: The iPhone 5 is "disappointing" for consumers because it merely matches rival phones' specs and "showcases nothing revolutionary," says Ellyne Phneah at ZDNet. The look and behavior of the new phone isn't very different from its predecessors and, since most Apple watchers "expected the iPhone 5 to be unveiled last year but got iPhone 4S instead," many critics had "high expectations." That said, the iPhone already owns a large chunk of the market and has notoriously loyal customers, plenty of whom will still buy it. "iPhone 5 has enterprise potential, but disappointing overall" Apple should have used the opportunity to make a statement: The iPhone's hardware is "nothing to really write home about," says Ryan Whitwam at ExtremeTech. Lots of phones on the market currently have dual-core processors, 4G LTE, and a 4-inch screen. Apple seems to think it's figured out smartphones, "so it isn't anxious to rock the boat." That's why Android is outselling the iPhone at the moment and Microsoft is pushing innovation with Windows Phone 8. "This isn't the time for Apple to just play catch up the iPhone 5 should have leapfrogged the competition, not duplicated old innovations." "The iPhone 5: Less innovation than Android and WP8 in a bigger package" It's utterly boring but still completely amazing: "The iPhone 5 is the greatest phone in the world," says Mat Honan at Wired. "And yet it is also so, so cruelly boring." Yes, it's better than the iPhone 4S and every other phone out there. The tech world's collective sigh has "almost nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with our expectations." With the iPhone, things have basically gotten so good that Apple doesn't need to change much for the foreseeable future, the changes will be incremental. "It's not bad, it's just the march of time and technology. Revolution becomes evolution." "The iPhone 5 is completely amazing and utterly boring."
http://theweek.com/article/index/233283/the-disappointing-iphone-5-is-apple-falling-behind-the-competition

The iPhone 5: Less innovation than Android and WP8, in a bigger package

For the last half a decade now, the mobile industry has largely arranged itself around the announcements of AppleÃÔ iPhones. These devices set the high mark for what a phone could and should be. At the same time, Android, WebOS, and Windows Phone struggled to get off the ground, with widely varying levels of success. The iPhone 5 is undeniably the best iPhone yet (as Apple likes to say), but in many ways it feels like Apple is spinning its wheels at the worst possible time. On the hardware side, Apple has finally decided to move away from the 3.5-inch touchscrThe rest of the hardware is nothing to really write home about. It has a faster dual-core processor, but lots of phones do. It has LTE, which is also commonplace. ThereÃÔ no NFC, which I still think is a mistake even without a payment platform (sharing content with NFC is extremely handy). Instead of adding interesting hardware features, it seems like Apple spent its time making the phone very pretty. There were plenty of rumors about what Apple was going to do with those extra pixels on the iPhoneÃÔ screen. Surely the previous iOS 6 announcement wouldnÃÕ have revealed everything, right? Actually, there was no grand plan to revolutionize the interface the extra resolution went to another row of icons. This seems like the most boring use Apple could have come up with. The home screen experience might not be getting any better on the iPhone, but itÃÔ constantly improving on both Android and WP8. Take for example the sizing and placement improvements for widgets in Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. ItÃÔ easier than ever to make use of apps and data with some well-chosen widgets. Better notifications in Android 4.1 also make it faster to see whatÃÔ happening without opening a ton of apps. iPhoneWindows Phone 8ÃÔ home screen improvements around dynamic tiles go a long way towards making the OS easier to use. Tiles can be sized however you like to show different amounts of data. ItÃÔ like a very clever combination of icons and widgets. Glanceable information like this is extremely useful to have on a phone, but Apple isnÃÕ moving in that direction at all even with more pixels to play with. Looking at the rest of iOS 6 on the iPhone 5, youÃÃl see a lot of features from other platforms. Apple has moved away from Google Maps, deploying its own mapping experience in iOS 6. The company made a point of talking up turn-by-turn navigation, but Android has had this feature for years. Windows Phone has also included it on some devices in the past, with all phones getting turn-by-turn in Windows Phone 8. Apple uses great camera sensors, and the software is very fast. The camera is apparently 40% faster now and thatÃÔ certainly welcome, but there are no innovative features. For example, the new iOS panorama mode is virtually identical to the one Google introduced in Android 4.0 last year. Things are getting better with each iteration of Android and Windows Phone. Apple seems to think itÃÔ figured out the right way to do things, so it isnÃÕ anxious to rock the boat. Still, here we are with Android phones selling better than iPhones, and Microsoft willing to polish Windows Phone 8 until you have no choice but to love it. This isnÃÕ the time for Apple to just play catch up the iPhone 5 should have leapfrogged the competition, not duplicated old innovations.een that has been the hallmark of iPhone design since 2007. I would say, however, that it was done in a strange way. The iPhone 5 sports a 4-inch IPS LCD at 1136Ž×640 resolution. Both Android and the upcoming Windows Phone devices are higher, at 1280Ž×720. The iPhone 5 screen is around 16:9, which Apple was keen to point out. That might be notable if Android devices hadnÃÕ been there long before. The choice of resolution also means that old iOS apps will be letterboxed. Android natively supports app scaling to many different display sizes, but iOS does not.
http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/136100-the-iphone-5-less-innovation-than-android-and-wp8-in-a-bigger-package

but the queue starts from where iPhone stands :hmmm:
That's not related to Iphone or its quality, yes, it is a great phone, but the brand Apple is what makes it a hot property, not the device itself. There several phones as good as this in the market or even better in terms of specifications and hardware.

:facepalm:
Please check the technical specifications of the two and you will know what I am talking about. Or read this. http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/136100-the-iphone-5-less-innovation-than-android-and-wp8-in-a-bigger-package And that is because they do not go according to the market. They know whatever they come up with will be selling like a hot cake. Even at the time of Iphone 4S, they lagged behind in some aspects but brand Apple took care of that.

Please check the technical specifications of the two and you will know what I am talking about. Or read this. http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/136100-the-iphone-5-less-innovation-than-android-and-wp8-in-a-bigger-package And that is because they do not go according to the market. They know whatever they come up with will be selling like a hot cake. Even at the time of Iphone 4S, they lagged behind in some aspects but brand Apple took care of that.
:blink: The problem RKT is that you are biased and already have your finger pointed at the conclusion. -I have never for once seen you posting anything against Samsung/Android. For example, I despise what Apple does with it's patents and sometimes the have a snobby attitude but there are certain good things too. Similarly, Samsung has bad things too - Are you objective enough to post them here? NO - because your inherent "love" makes you blind. You are so in hate with Apple that on the Nokia Lumia thread you were defending Nokia for showing OIS capabilities using DSLR. You just hit the post button. Move out of that mindset man. Coming back to the link you posted - here is how I interpret it. There is no innovation in this iteration of iPhone. This does not mean it is one-generation behind, it means it is as good as any other phone out there. There are other phones who are as good as an iPhone. Every 3rd iteration can not be "innovative". The article has many inherent flaws which I could point out. The very fact that you expect Apple to "innovate" on every 2nd iteration of an iPhone speaks volumes about the company. Finally, A phone is a personal choice, a phone is not just hardware. Apple is not just a hardware company, in fact they are much more a software company than a hardware one. So, just because P phone has better technical specification does not mean the phone is better usable, better experience etc. What is better for you is not better for me and vice-versa. Stop making this my d!ck is better than yours argument on every third post.

:blink: The problem RKT is that you are biased and already have your finger pointed at the conclusion. -I have never for once seen you posting anything against Samsung/Android. For example, I despise what Apple does with it's patents and sometimes the have a snobby attitude but there are certain good things too. Similarly, Samsung has bad things too - Are you objective enough to post them here? NO - because your inherent "love" makes you blind. You are so in hate with Apple that on the Nokia Lumia thread you were defending Nokia for showing OIS capabilities using DSLR. You just hit the post button. Move out of that mindset man. Coming back to the link you posted - here is how I interpret it. There is no innovation in this iteration of iPhone. This does not mean it is one-generation behind, it means it is as good as any other phone out there. There are other phones who are as good as an iPhone. Every 3rd iteration can not be "innovative". The article has many inherent flaws which I could point out. The very fact that you expect Apple to "innovate" on every 2nd iteration of an iPhone speaks volumes about the company. Finally, A phone is a personal choice, a phone is not just hardware. Apple is not just a hardware company, in fact they are much more a software company than a hardware one. So, just because P phone has better technical specification does not mean the phone is better usable, better experience etc. What is better for you is not better for me and vice-versa. Stop making this my d!ck is better than yours argument on every third post.
Where did I say I hate Apple? I am not searching google to find these articles to let apple down. I got through certain websites everyday and twitter and there I found these and post. Regarding Nokia's OIS, yes they made a mistake of not mentioning about it but what they were showing was their technology and marketing departments do that. There is nothing in that until you have something to show which they had shown later. I would be criticizing them if it was a case of talking big delivering nothing. Apple is calling Iphone5 the thinnest smartphone in the world. They must have googled it before saying that. Regarding bold part, I am not talking about personal point of view. Keep personal preferences aside. If I am a reviewer and I review Iphone 5 based on present specifications, there are certain aspects where it lags behind some flagship models of Samsung, HTC, and LG, which in itself puts it behind the present generation of super smartphones. Regarding your personal preference, did I told you to say Iphone is crap? No, I didn't. You have your opinion and I am not arguing against that. I am talking about the norms and trends right now for smartphones of this generation. Only Samsung and HTC are matching each other in terms of those norms and trends right now and to some extent LG. But it does not mean they will be the market leader, Samsung is right now the top smart phone maker and Apple is not far behind that is because of the brand Apple. Samsung is nowhere close to as big a brand as Apple.

Where did I say I hate Apple? I am not searching google to find these articles to let apple down. I got through certain websites everyday and twitter and there I found these and post. Regarding Nokia's OIS, yes they did a mistake of not mentioning about it but what they were showing was their technology and marketing depts do that. Apple is calling Iphone5 the thinnest smartphone in the world. They must have googled it before saying that. Regarding bold part, I am not talking about personal point of view. Keep personal preferences aside. If I am a reviewer and I review Iphone 5 based on present specifications, there are certain aspects where it lags behind some flagship models of Samsung, HTC, and LG, which in itself puts it behind the present generation of super smartphones. Regarding your personal preference, did I told you to say Iphone is crap? No, I didn't. You have your opinion and I am not arguing against that. I am talking about the norms and trends right now for smartphones of this generation. Only Samsung and HTC are matching each other in terms of those norms and trends right now and to some extent LG. But it does not mean they will be the market leader, Samsung is right now the top smart phone maker and Apple is not far behind that is because of the brand Apple. Samsung is nowhere close to as big a brand as Apple.
How do you always "stumble open" articles which show Nokia, Samsung et al in good light but Apple in bad light is a mystery to me. Post articles both ways or at least tell the good/bad of both sides. I am even having this discussion with you because I know you are quite reasonable unlike many others. Lets take an example of your earlier post - you posted a link saying that Apple said "it's the thinnest phone in the world". I don't see a word on their website which says that. Can you find it for me? IIRC, they said it is the "thinnest iPhone ever" - and I think I agree with that. In fact, it is quit thin & lighter to it's competition around [1]. Check out for yourself. You just don't understand it would it? You are evaluating a phone based purely on hardware. Makes no sense to me - you can do that go ahead. [1] http://www.theverge.com/products/compare/6116/5807/6082/6024/5236/3604/