US consulate in Chennai attacked, riots in Ghaziabad

superstar

These medevial thugs have reached Chennai. Never thought I would see this day. Let/ Simi may grow here. timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/US-consulate-targeted-in-Chennai-over-anti-Prophet-Muhammad-film/articleshow/16397437.cms Disgusting. No amount of education, quota or freebies will change some people.

86 arrested in US consulate attack in Chennai: Police Chennai: Eighty-six people were arrested on Friday after a group of several hundred Muslim protesters threw stones and smashed windows at the US consulate in the Indian city of Chennai, police said. "They smashed the window panes, surveillance camera and tried to scale over the compound wall, but we dispersed them while exercising restraint," a senior police officer said on condition of anonymity. "We made 86 arrests." The violence flared during a protest organised by the Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam, an Islamist movement, against an anti-Islam film which has triggered similar protests in large parts of the Muslim world. The protesters also burnt an effigy of US President Barack Obama and an American flag, police said. One group hurled stones, while others lifted iron barricades placed in front of the main gate to smash windows, police said. "We have tightened the security and the situation is well under control," JK Tripathy, the police commissioner in the southern city, told local reporters. One of the organisers said that what had been planned as a peaceful protest was hijacked by militants. "We wanted to organise a peaceful demonstration to express our dismay over the film, but the youngsters, who could not hold their nerves, ran and attacked the consulate office," Gunangudi Hanifa told AFP. A spokesman for the consulate, who did not give his name, said that no staff had been hurt in the attack. "No one was injured and all the staff members are safe," he said. http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/86-arrested-in-us-consulate-attack-in-chennai-police-267610?pfrom=home-topstories
Animals. This simply defies logic: how can you hold the US govt responsible for some lunatic filmmaker?

I dont understand why the police had to show restraint ? ek baar g@@nd pe goli lagay gi to agli bari koi protest nahi hoga. Its true not only for India but for all countries.
Fully seconded. Specially when it comes to matter of safety of foreign dignitories, Cops should have free power to start smacking with danda left right and center.

Vote bank..:secret:
Later or sooner Muslims will have to come to terms with Free Speech else it will lead more serious problems in future. Yesterday I saw horrible scenes and I dont think its the end of it. Republicans are already declaring that Muslim - US friendship will never happen and the Muslims can only be forced to respect the US by force - if this **** means anything but these are the words on Gov Hukabee :nervous: and I heard these myself an hour ago.

Later or sooner Muslims will have to come to terms with Free Speech else it will lead more serious problems in future. Yesterday I saw horrible scenes and I dont think its the end of it. Republicans are already declaring that Muslim - US friendship will never happen and the Muslims can only be forced to respect the US by force - if this **** means anything but these are the words on Gov Hukabee :nervous: and I heard these myself an hour ago.
Look it goes beyond Muslims really. Recent after the Gurudwara killings in Milwaukee, there were Sikhs brandishing swords outside Indian US counsellate in Delhi. Those pictures were splashed all over the American media, I am sure you may have seen those too. Muslims definitely need to realize how they are basically pushing themselves further into a corner with nonsense like this. I personally think anytime such protests happens outside a foreign embassy, maaro saalon ko.

i felt a tear in my eye reading this! For one second i wished that i was never associated with India. Never thought i'd see this day. It's sad' date=' I hope these idiots get proper punishment.[/quote'] As I mentioned in another thread, all of these people should be made to watch Richard Dawkins.. unless they understand that THIS life means more than AFTER life, nothing can be done. Also, when you have nothing else to be proud of, people usually mention religion and country

Attacking embassies has become a habit in India. A decade ago the Kolkata US consulate was attacked by HuJI gunmen killing 5 policemen. The Chinese embassy has been stormed/defaced several times by Tibetan protestors. And now this outrage in Chennai. Seems like we need to enforce a strict policy of Embassies and Consulates being off limits for any demonstrations etc.

Attacking embassies has become a habit in India. A decade ago the Kolkata US consulate was attacked by HuJI gunmen killing 5 policemen. The Chinese embassy has been stormed/defaced several times by Tibetan protestors. And now this outrage in Chennai. Seems like we need to enforce a strict policy of Embassies and Consulates being off limits for any demonstrations etc.
++ Although I do have sympathies with Tibetans :((