Have India lost this match already ?

Predator_05

To be quite honest, i am not surprised by the way things have transpired over the last two days. India have played some good cricket in patches, but on this occasion - unlike in Jo'burg - they have failed to land that final knockout blow. SA were tottering at 257/8 after Kumble made inroads in the final over, and they were there for the taking. All the bowlers' hard work was soon undone as the tailenders Morkel and Ntini stood firm and were allowed to put together a crucial partnership. This enabled SA to finish well as they reached a respectable total of 300+...a score which looked unattainable at one point. Still, that wasn't the worst of it. Restricting SA to 328 a.o. was still a decent effort, provided that the batsmen could fire. The odds were in their favour, as the pitch has eased out considerably and wasn't anywhere near as fast. This was India's chance to bat SA out of the game...a 2nd chance to land that knockout punch. What happened then ? The demons which couldn't be seen in the pitch must have found their way into the batsmen's heads. Sehwag inexcusably got out for a duck. This merely being another of his numerous failures in recent times. His inability to make a score doesn't even come as a surprise anymore. Jaffer - well aware that this might well be his last test; clung on for as long as could but still failed to carry on. It's not his fault. He just isn't good enough to score against good bowling attacks (as evidenced by his lack of form on this tour) and he did the best he could. Just when you thought that it couldn't get any worse, it did. Dravid got out tamely to a less than convincing lbw decision. What was to follow brought about a real nostalgic feeling - going back to the 90's. Tendulkar rolled back the years and played some wonderful shots in another one of those many innings of his which contributed to his plethora of individual batting records, but ultimately brought the team nothing. Once he fell, the rest followed...from 124/4 to 183/8. With two wickets remaining, still 145 runs behind. Like at Jo'burg, 240 was the best score this out of form Indian batting lineup could have hoped for. India surrendered every advantage they had in this match, letting SA off the hook. Now with SA taking a sizeable 88 run lead, they look set to crumble, and deservedly so. Just when you thought that this team might have turned the corner; they go back to being their old selves again. I have now abandoned all hope. With the pitch now at it's flattest - SA will go on to make 400 and leave India in the sun. Sad but true...this Indian team is no better than the others.

Re: Have India lost this match already ? everyone knows what will happen next. SA will score quick runs and we will allow them to score quick. they would have a lead of over 400 and will declare an hour before tea. India will come out to bat lose openers and dravid will hang around till the end of day. Then on 5th moring there will be a collapse and we will be all out before tea.

Re: Have India lost this match already ? Yaar your topic says- "Have India lost this match already ?" But the poll says "Can India win the 2nd test" :mad: I voted "yes" based on topic of the thread. I meant to say India have LOST this test. Draw is the best we can hope for.

Re: Have India lost this match already ?

I meant to say India have LOST this test.
So why did you vote for an Indian victory in the poll ?
Aree bade bhai. I saw your topic "have India lost the match". My answer was "yes" India have lost the match. But "yes" was the wrong answer as on the actual poll your question was different :wtg: So I made a mistake :hmph:

Yaar your topic says- "Have India lost this match already ?" But the poll says "Can India win the 2nd test" :mad: I voted "yes" based on topic of the thread. I meant to say India have LOST this test. Draw is the best we can hope for.
you are not the only one. even i did the same.

everyone knows what will happen next. SA will score quick runs and we will allow them to score quick. they would have a lead of over 400 and will declare an hour before tea. India will come out to bat lose openers and dravid will hang around till the end of day. Then on 5th moring there will be a collapse and we will be all out before tea.
I agree, except the Dravid part. Whenever we have had 4th innings collapses of late, Dravid has played his part as well.