Have India lost this match already ?

Predator_05

Re: Have India lost this match already ? We'll be alright Pred. I think we can save this one. Pitch's playing good. SA screwed up big time by taking the light. Indian bowlers will be rested tomorrow. I expect a good show. 73, 57 and 58 overs bowled in the first 3 days respectively. If the same trend continues, we have around 115 overs of cricket left in this match. SA need at least another 150 before they declare. That should take around 40 overs, leaving India 300 off 75 overs to win the match. I reckon it will be a draw.

Re: Have India lost this match already ? The biggest factor, apart from the light, is the pitch. It's playing true, very predictable bounce, and shows little signs of deterioration. The other Indian bats should take a cue from VVS' book and try and avoid doing anything extravagant. It will take a very poor effort from here to lose this match.

Re: Have India lost this match already ? Dhondy, whenever we've batted off late in the 4th innings, the pitch has seemingly become demonic. Our mindset in the 4th innings is pathetic. You can ask these guys to bat on a highway in the 4th innings and they can mess it up. If we play our shots, we will be safe. If we decide to shut shop and bat, god help us.

Re: Have India lost this match already ? Only rain can save India. It will take a miracle otherwise to come back from this position and draw. Over 150 runs lead at the end of 3rd day with 10 wickets still standing and pitch playing well. Come the 5th day the cracks that are now visible will open up making batting very hard. There already is dual bounce and double pace which was noticed when Zaheer was bowling last night. Some weren't even carrying to the keeper and slips. I expect it to get worse and by day 5 batting will be virtually impossible. As I said only bad weather can save India. For the situation India is in currently yet again the batters are to be blamed. On a good pitch if they can't even post 300 runs then they don't deserve to win the series. The bowlers have done their part and even though the last couple of wickets posted few extra runs it was the umpire's fault they didn't give obvious caught behind out not bowlers :mad:

Re: Have India lost this match already ? Ravi, I dont think Pitch will get any worse...it hasnt seen any sun...usually cracks get wider when he gets dryer and dryer... There will be occasional ball keeping low..but that should not be a problem..Indian batsman have to mentally think the pitch is still the same..it wont be difficult to bat on it unless indian batters mentally make it difficult...

Re: Have India lost this match already ? Not just the sun is required Kabira, as long as the pitch stays dry (no overnight rain) and the roller is used after change of innings the craks will open up. Even a light roller on the 4th or 5th day is goog enough to open the crack. If there is even fair bit of sun then of course as you said it will make it that much worse. I am hoping it doesn't but there were couple of balls yesterday that showed the trend. The one Dhoni got from Morkel that reared from full length and hit Dhoni on the chest is an indication. IMO India's task of batting on 5th for a full day is pretty much impossible.

Re: Have India lost this match already ? >The one Dhoni got from Morkel that reared from full length and hit Dhoni on the chest is an indication. IMO India's task of batting on 5th for a full day is pretty much impossible. it happened on first and second day too...not unusual...its just crack or two... there hasnt been much cricket played on these pitch..about 180 overs in 3 days..so it will be day 3rd pitch..